4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Just got Technosquare ECU!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 01:22 AM

Just got Technosquare ECU!!

I am going to install a 96 5spd ecu in my 97 5 spd max in the morning. I was just wondering if I need to wear a grounding strap or is there some other way to ground myself or do I even need to worry about this? I will post updated times later today for everyone. Here is my previous best with a shi*$! start and 19's.

I have a 97SE 5spd, CAI,Y-pipe,Hi-flow Cat,Apexi WS Cat-back,UDP.

15.047s @ 92.17mph
60ft - 2.478s
330ft - 6.517s
1/8m - 9.833s @ 74.15mph
1000ft - 12.666s

Running with spare, 1/4 tank of gas , 40psi front and rear in my 19's, 91 octane

I hope when I lower my car it will do better off the line.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:33 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

those times are pretty bad! how heavy are those 19's? you should be getting a lot lower with all the mods you have....put on the stock wheels and tires if you have em just to compare...in either case take out the spare as well and lower your tire pressures! but the technosquare is a wonderful ecu....! i know from experience!
Old 01-16-2004, 01:38 AM
V^___^V

try to do weight deduction, clean trunk, take out spare and jack, put back 15s or get some light weighted wheels, practice launching, and maybe try 100 octane if u have $$...
Old 01-16-2004, 02:33 AM

congrats! You will break into the 14's easily now

Ahmed 1
Saad Ahmed
Mrs. Cerda
U.S. Government/Period 4
January 15, 2004
Culminating Essay
The Service Learning project I did was on The Salvation Army. I volunteered at The Salvation Army to tutor and play with the elementary kids. This project helped the community by the kids having an easier time doing there homework. It benefited them in a way that they understand fully what there homework was about. Understanding their homework will also benefit them in their future classes as well.
I am now starting to view the community differently as a result of my service. I understand how the children at very interested in what they are learning, and that their parents really care for them by bringing them to The Salvation Army. I learned how to have patience with the children, and found new ways in teaching the concepts of the subjects. Community service doesn’t bring the image of “boring”, it can be fun if you know what to do. I have even sharpened my being-on-time habits because of doing this service, and that is a major accomplishment for me.
This has been a valuable experience for me. I can work even though I don’t get paid, but that’s because it is so much fun. Doing this service has opened my mind into doing other types of services just to help out the community. This service has made me more of a social human being than I was before; I now have an easier time talking to students and kids who are strangers to me, which is very pleasing.
I feel that my contribution to The Salvation Army has been tremendously strong to American citizenship. I feel I have given my best effort in my chosen service, and I am looking forward to doing it again really soon. If I were to do this activity over again, I would adjust when I come to The Salvation Army. I should come an hour earlier to help out the kids that have a lot of homework. I would not want to change anything else, because this service has luckily been an ideal service learning for me.
I would definitely encourage other members of the community to participate in this form of service. I want to let them know that they can have fun working with people, even though they are not getting paid. They would discover how different it will be from paid work. It would boost their ability to go out and volunteer for other types of services. It would also look great in their college transcript.
This project helped me to be an effective communicator by reading, speaking, and listening to the students that needed help. This will help me in the future, too. I have become a better critical thinker by telling the students the key points to help them understand their homework assignments. I have become a self-directed learner by using my time productively and not fooling around during my service learning hours. I am starting to have serious thoughts of my future profession, which has been influenced by this service learning as well.
Being as a better quality producer, I have developed better self-expression through creating intellectual, artistic, practical and physical products. I have participated effectively in The Salvation Army, and have shown leadership to the service, including to the elementary kids. I have collaborates successfully with individuals of cultures, backgrounds, and abilities, make me a more successful collaborative worker from now on. I have demonstrates satisfactory citizenship. I have given my time, energy, talent, and knowledge to improve the minds of the elementary kids and communities in general. This makes me feel that I am a worthy contributor, and makes me feel very good about myself.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by balla95_se
congrats! You will break into the 14's easily now

Ahmed 1
Saad Ahmed
Mrs. Cerda
U.S. Government/Period 4
January 15, 2004
Culminating Essay
The Service Learning project I did was on The Salvation Army. I volunteered at The Salvation Army to tutor and play with the elementary kids. This project helped the community by the kids having an easier time doing there homework. It benefited them in a way that they understand fully what there homework was about. Understanding their homework will also benefit them in their future classes as well.
I am now starting to view the community differently as a result of my service. I understand how the children at very interested in what they are learning, and that their parents really care for them by bringing them to The Salvation Army. I learned how to have patience with the children, and found new ways in teaching the concepts of the subjects. Community service doesn’t bring the image of “boring”, it can be fun if you know what to do. I have even sharpened my being-on-time habits because of doing this service, and that is a major accomplishment for me.
This has been a valuable experience for me. I can work even though I don’t get paid, but that’s because it is so much fun. Doing this service has opened my mind into doing other types of services just to help out the community. This service has made me more of a social human being than I was before; I now have an easier time talking to students and kids who are strangers to me, which is very pleasing.
I feel that my contribution to The Salvation Army has been tremendously strong to American citizenship. I feel I have given my best effort in my chosen service, and I am looking forward to doing it again really soon. If I were to do this activity over again, I would adjust when I come to The Salvation Army. I should come an hour earlier to help out the kids that have a lot of homework. I would not want to change anything else, because this service has luckily been an ideal service learning for me.
I would definitely encourage other members of the community to participate in this form of service. I want to let them know that they can have fun working with people, even though they are not getting paid. They would discover how different it will be from paid work. It would boost their ability to go out and volunteer for other types of services. It would also look great in their college transcript.
This project helped me to be an effective communicator by reading, speaking, and listening to the students that needed help. This will help me in the future, too. I have become a better critical thinker by telling the students the key points to help them understand their homework assignments. I have become a self-directed learner by using my time productively and not fooling around during my service learning hours. I am starting to have serious thoughts of my future profession, which has been influenced by this service learning as well.
Being as a better quality producer, I have developed better self-expression through creating intellectual, artistic, practical and physical products. I have participated effectively in The Salvation Army, and have shown leadership to the service, including to the elementary kids. I have collaborates successfully with individuals of cultures, backgrounds, and abilities, make me a more successful collaborative worker from now on. I have demonstrates satisfactory citizenship. I have given my time, energy, talent, and knowledge to improve the minds of the elementary kids and communities in general. This makes me feel that I am a worthy contributor, and makes me feel very good about myself.
what the hell is this?
Old 01-16-2004, 06:02 AM

[QUOTE=madmax2]I am going to install a 96 5spd ecu in my 97 5 spd max in the morning. I was just wondering if I need to wear a grounding strap or is there some other way to ground myself or do I even need to worry about this?

Just disconnect the negative battery cable. Have fun tryin' to install it.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:41 AM
Conecarver

[QUOTE=big_al]
Originally Posted by madmax2
I am going to install a 96 5spd ecu in my 97 5 spd max in the morning. I was just wondering if I need to wear a grounding strap or is there some other way to ground myself or do I even need to worry about this?

Just disconnect the negative battery cable. Have fun tryin' to install it.
I switch ECU's all the time. I never touch the battery cable. (or worry bout grounding straps). Takes oh about 30sec now to swap.
Old 01-16-2004, 07:23 AM
Old Maxima Legend

let us know what you think .. i have mine sitting right here fixing to install (lol, plug and play) it today, race sunday