4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Guys w/ a 4th gen that have NOS, need help...

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2001, 07:58 AM

Hi, i know there are a f ewon here with NOS. I have a few questions for you guys. First off, if you guys can list off the mods you guys have and your best time.

Next, i was curious to see who installed their own kit.

Third, i know the window switch is used to turn oon and off the nos. Does that mean i dont have to drag my sorry *** out and manually turn i ton and off? I also know there is another switch needed. I am having some difficulty understanding the baisc operations. Thanks.
Old 03-19-2001, 07:59 AM

I forgot.. if you have the CAI, how did you get the nozzle to stay in? I know the nozzle is suppse to be screwed in. Did you guys make any welds or anything?
Old 03-19-2001, 09:01 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Matt aka Mardigrasmax, where are you?! He knows a bit about nitrous. I know he installed the NOS kit himself. Maybe we should call him Mr.NOS from now on? Btw, I'm going the nitrous route myself later on. Both Mardigrasmax and sx7y(hope I got your username right) have NOS, but they're 5 spd. Keep me inform whenever you get the NOS because you have an auto like me.
Old 03-19-2001, 09:54 AM

same here... im getting NOS soon, too... keep me informed
Old 03-19-2001, 10:29 AM
Administrator

http://www.clubmaxima.com/articles/N...ForParties.php
Old 03-19-2001, 10:37 AM

Originally posted by Synki
Hi, i know there are a f ewon here with NOS. I have a few questions for you guys. First off, if you guys can list off the mods you guys have and your best time.

Next, i was curious to see who installed their own kit.

Third, i know the window switch is used to turn oon and off the nos. Does that mean i dont have to drag my sorry *** out and manually turn i ton and off? I also know there is another switch needed. I am having some difficulty understanding the baisc operations. Thanks.
Its an easy install if you have a friend help. Take your time and follow the instructions. Be patient and cautious. If you have questions e-mail me, dont try it until your sure its installed correctly.

See sig for mods, no times yet, I'm heading to the track on 3/28 to give it a go.

The window switch just controlls when the solinoids (electric valves) for the nitrous system open and close. It does not open and close the bottle.

You can get a remote bottle opener that opens and closes the bottle. Or the bottle remains open when you are driving around racing.
Old 03-19-2001, 10:57 AM

MardiGrasMax

Nice setup, my friend just finished his Nitrous Setup in his Camaro and he's trying to convince me to do it. Approximately how much would the NOS setup cost for everything that I would need(Wet system) for the maxima?

Also, what other things would I need? I noticed that you upgraded the fuel pump and installed colder spark plugs. Plus I have an auto...would that kill the tranny?

Last thing: Why do you still have some of the stock air box in the car with your CAI? I noticed in the last picture that the front air damn is still there?
Old 03-19-2001, 05:01 PM

Originally posted by breaux124

Approximately how much would the NOS setup cost for everything that I would need(Wet system) for the maxima?
For a wet set up you have to go profogger, your lookin at ~$1500. Go with the dry set up total cost with a extras like the fuel pump, plugs and window switch should be no more than $750 DIY.

Also, what other things would I need? I noticed that you upgraded the fuel pump and installed colder spark plugs.
If you stay at less than ~50hp you should not need these. However if you want to try more I do recomend it.

Plus I have an auto...would that kill the tranny?
Any additional power will decrease the life of the tranny. The more the power increase the less the tranny life. You wanna play you gotta pay!

Last thing: Why do you still have some of the stock air box in the car with your CAI? I noticed in the last picture that the front air damn is still there?
I could never figure out what the little thing that says "boost" on it that is attached to the duct is for so I just left the whole thing their.
Old 03-19-2001, 08:35 PM

Originally posted by Synki
I forgot.. if you have the CAI, how did you get the nozzle to stay in? I know the nozzle is suppse to be screwed in. Did you guys make any welds or anything?

i just drilled a hole for the nozzle in the pipe. it just screws in. mine's tight, i didn't need to weld it or anything. i installed the NOS kit with the help of a friend - only took a couple hours. pretty straight forward installation.