4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I've stopped the flaming of contour.org

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2001, 05:30 PM

Ok people I was a little harsh but I have now ceased flaming those guys. I dont really care whos car is faster. I just dont like it when people say things are not tru even when you have proof
Old 03-20-2001, 07:17 PM

Hey I know, I have a pretty bad temper too but it doesn't do any good to escalate things. There's nothing wrong with having pride in your ride, you just gotta let the next guy show his pride a little too.

There's always going to be someone, somewhere making claims that everyone knows is impossible. I worked with a guy who had a brand new Formula Firebird and claimed that it ran the quarter in the high 12's. He had never taken it to the track but someone told him that that is what the car will do, so he now stated it as fact. Of course, the rest of us knew better. We knew that his car is pretty fast, but not THAT fast, we knew that he would never take it to the track to see what it realy would do, and we knew that we would never convince him of the car's real numbers.

So when he starts to talk about his 12 second car, we just smile and walk away. We knew.
Old 03-20-2001, 11:36 PM

Originally posted by sinewave
Hey I know, I have a pretty bad temper too but it doesn't do any good to escalate things. There's nothing wrong with having pride in your ride, you just gotta let the next guy show his pride a little too.

There's always goning to be someone, somewhere making claims that everyone knows is impossible. I worked with a guy who had a brand new Formula Firebird and claimed that it ran the quarter in the high 12's. He had never taken it to the track but someone told him that that is what the car will do, so he now stated it as fact. Of course, the rest of us knew better. We knew that his car is pretty fast, but not THAT fast, we knew that he would never take it to the track to see what it realy would do, and we knew that we would never convince him of the car's real numbers.

So when he starts to talk about his 12 second car, we just smile and walk away. We knew.
VERY well said
Old 03-22-2001, 11:34 AM

I have grown up in a ford family and love fords. I drove a 89 mustang forever and loved it. The contour is not a bad car and I am a fan of SVT. But i now drive a 97 SE Maxima and I believe it is the smoothest and most impressive car i have ever drove(considering it is a 4-door). But i would not mind taking a SVT contour for a spin.