4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Cleaned the Max today...*shameless plug*

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 06:51 PM

Cleaned the Max today...*shameless plug*

Cleaned her up today...just wanted to show her off....sorry!
Plus i'm bored tonight....
Later...

Old 06-30-2004, 06:55 PM

Hey Tex,
How the wheels holding up. Did you get that thing an alignment yet? If not you better think about doing it before you tear up those nice new tires. I have to say those things look sweet against that color. I especially like how your clear lenses look against the paint too. I'm gonna run outside real quick & try to get a new picture for you of the max. I've been procrastinating long enough. She might be alittle dirty though so bare with me on that one. I have been alittle under the wheather so i have been lazy for the past couple of days. Check this thread again in about 20 minutes or so!!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2004, 06:55 PM
BOSS

looks very nice

IMO our Max'es look better with splash guards though

Old 06-30-2004, 07:00 PM

Very very clean
Old 06-30-2004, 07:02 PM

I think you missed a spot.. J/k, looks very nice. But the wheels dont look too well seeing it came from an SUV... But maybe itll look better lowered. What did you use to wash and wax?
Old 06-30-2004, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by nostrixoxide
Hey Tex,
How the wheels holding up. Did you get that thing an alignment yet? If not you better think about doing it before you tear up those nice new tires. I have to say those things look sweet against that color. I especially like how your clear lenses look against the paint too. I'm gonna run outside real quick & try to get a new picture for you of the max. I've been procrastinating long enough. She might be alittle dirty though so bare with me on that one. I have been alittle under the wheather so i have been lazy for the past couple of days. Check this thread again in about 20 minutes or so!!!!!!!

The wheels are great! I really like them. I did get an alignment...after spending $600 on tires I definitely was geting an alignment. Talk about procrastination...i've been neglecting my car for some time. I'll blame my 4 month old daughter. Everytime I think of doing something to the Max, she wins out everytime! It's amazing what kids do to you...they throw all your previous priorities out the window...but it's all good!
I'll be waiting for those pics from you.

Actually I was going to keep my stock SE's for winter, but now am toying with the idea of putting them up on Ebay? Not sure yet...we'll see....
Thanks for the compliments!
Old 06-30-2004, 07:10 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

looking mighty nice and shiney gotta do mine soon...
Old 06-30-2004, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Oxidizer2k
I think you missed a spot.. J/k, looks very nice. But the wheels dont look too well seeing it came from an SUV... But maybe itll look better lowered. What did you use to wash and wax?

the wheels dont look too well seeing it came from an SUV...

Seriously? I can easily forget they came from a SUV. That's ok though...

But maybe itll look better lowered.

Yes, I agree it would look better lowered, but as everyone here will tell you I do not want to lower it.

What did you use to wash and wax?

Wash = Blue Coral car wash.
Wax = It hasn't been waxed since March. I always use the Meguire's 3 step process. (Clay, Polish, Wax) NOTHING BETTER.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:13 PM

Dammit, I was supposed to be the only guy with oxid in my name.. Damn you!!!

Hey Tex,
Old 06-30-2004, 07:16 PM

Sorry If I made you mad with the SUV part.. On the big pictures they dont really look right.. But on the sig it looks awsome. I cant seem to get over the fact that the are from the murano since I hate it so much.. But always, if you like it, then it shouldnt matter how other feel..

Oh, and I remember when you first posted the pics of your car here and remember you saying you didnt want to lower it. But I forgot why....

Originally Posted by DigitalTexan2u

Yes, I agree it would look better lowered, but as everyone here will tell you I do not want to lower it.

Wax = It hasn't been waxed since March. I always use the Meguire's 3 step process. (Clay, Polish, Wax) NOTHING BETTER.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:22 PM

The sig does look awesome. Photochopped? If so, you should really follow through on that.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:23 PM

the wheels look great but the car? I don't know. It needs a drop. Drop it on Progress springs next time before showing her off.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Oxidizer2k
Sorry If I made you mad with the SUV part.. On the big pictures they dont really look right.. But on the sig it looks awsome. I cant seem to get over the fact that the are from the murano since I hate it so much.. But always, if you like it, then it shouldnt matter how other feel..

Oh, and I remember when you first posted the pics of your car here and remember you saying you didnt want to lower it. But I forgot why....

Hey, i'm not mad. To each his own.
I don't want to lower the car bacause I lowered my two previous cars and feel like i've "been there, done that". Plus with my previous Integra, everytime we had any decent snowfalls I was constantly plowing snow! Not for me anymore.
Later....
Old 06-30-2004, 07:27 PM
Doc

Your Max looks great! I like the wheels and it seems to be lowered given their size. What size are those things? Seems like the wheelwell is pretty filled up.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:37 PM

Here's a pic for you all of a sudden it got super dark on me & the wind started blowin like 50mph so I have to wait until another day when the sun is up & teh car is washed. I took a few pic's but all the other ones are way to dark. You can't even see the car! And yep I was right she is Dirrrrrty boy! I need to put a washin down on her before she leaves me for another man that'll treat her right? lol
http://www.imagestation.com/mypictur...tion=max_rside
Old 06-30-2004, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Doc
Your Max looks great! I like the wheels and it seems to be lowered given their size. What size are those things? Seems like the wheelwell is pretty filled up.

Thanks, they're 18's off a Nissan Murano.

Old 06-30-2004, 07:42 PM

Here's a pic for you all of a sudden it got super dark on me & the wind started blowin like 50mph so I have to wait until another day when the sun is up & teh car is washed. I took a few pic's but all the other ones are way to dark. You can't even see the car! And yep I was right she is Dirrrrrty boy! I need to put a washin down on her before she leaves me for another man that'll treat her right? lol
http://www.imagestation.com/mypictur...tion=max_rside
Lookin' good. Yeah...wash that thing! I don't think many people even notice I have different rims on my car...do people say things to you, or look at your car weird? Nobody does for me...guess they don't care?
Old 06-30-2004, 07:43 PM
Doc

Thanks, they're 18's off a Nissan Murano.

I'm telling you, your car looks like it has a squat stance. It is definitely not looking 4x4 at all.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Doc
I'm telling you, your car looks like it has a squat stance. It is definitely not looking 4x4 at all.

Haha..thanks. You are definitely in the small, small minority here on this site. 99.7% of those here say to give it at least an 8" drop...j/k...
Old 06-30-2004, 07:59 PM

8"? more like cut the stilts out from under the car! j/k

It looks really good. The way the sun hits the car in the photos gives more of an good impression on that car. And yes i believe that it should be lowered but we know that that's not going to happen.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:00 PM
I need a truck

Holy wheelgap batman
Old 06-30-2004, 08:32 PM

Tex,

Ya, I've had alot of people compliment me on my car. I've even had a few ask me what kind of car it is. I don't care what anybody wants to say about the Murano wheels, they fit perfect & should have came stock on the 4th gen max. There is just something about them you have to see in person & until those people do I suggest you don't knock them. The fit the body lines of the car so well. I know that alot of people here think the Mille Miglia 5 spokes are the best looking wheel for the 4th gen max & I have to put the Murano wheels in the same catagory as those wheels even though I only paid $100 bucks for the rims. They just accent the car extremely well. The way the body kinda just rolls into them is perfect in my opinion. And I'd be willing to bet there isn't another rim for the money that can compete with the styling. Sure they come off of a SUV but they don't even look like the same rims with a 40 series tire mounted on them. Anyways, I'll get her washed up & take some better pictures for ya!
Old 06-30-2004, 08:32 PM
Doc

Now I see the gap. Did you photshop the one picture? I'm still liking your car.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:18 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Jshock1 you should paint ur calipers.....a nice silver/alumminum would look nice cause the rims are dope but the calipers lack a lil....
Old 07-01-2004, 12:16 AM

Cleaned her up today...just wanted to show her off....sorry!
Plus i'm bored tonight....
Later...

are those actual pics or did you use anything(photoshop)to enhance the pics

what digital camera do you have pics looks so good

btw since i saw your car i'm thinking to buy same wheels
Old 07-01-2004, 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Nick7455
Jshock1 you should paint ur calipers.....a nice silver/alumminum would look nice cause the rims are dope but the calipers lack a lil....
yeah, i know, i just don't have time at the moment with working nights and these next couple of weeks going away on vacation

but as soon as i come back, it will be done, it must be done, cause that ugly brown doesn't look to nice
Old 07-01-2004, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by maximus_pr
are those actual pics or did you use anything(photoshop)to enhance the pics

what digital camera do you have pics looks so good

btw since i saw your car i'm thinking to buy same wheels

1) Those are the exact pictures uploaded from the camera. No touch ups.
The last one was pshopped from someone on this site...forget his name.

2) Its a Kodak DC290 Zoom. I got it in '99 when it came out. It's a 3.34 Megapixel. I've taken 14,378 pics with it and only 4-5 came out "pixeled" (bad). The camera has been awesome. It has the ability to stay current by downloading "scripts", or programs from various websites, Kodaks included. So as new features come out, it has the ability to use them, and even though it's 5 years old, it's really not. Some of these scripts are "vintage" arcade games. Here's the ones i've downloaded into the camera. This camera retailed for $1,095.99 brand new...now you can pick one up on Ebay for $300-$400. It also records up to two minutes of sound with each pic (if you want)...which you can then email to people. This was a first back then.

3) Thanks! Get them...you'll likey.
Old 07-01-2004, 06:43 AM

Old 07-01-2004, 08:14 AM

Hey, how about a little credit for the Photoshop work??? Just kidding, glad you like it.

I think those wheels would look nice on a black car too......

belosic
Old 07-01-2004, 08:56 AM

that looks nice
Old 07-01-2004, 09:15 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Damn i can see my reflection from all the way over here...
She looks great.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:47 AM

so your sig pic is a photoshop? I think it looks great

what series tires you runnin???
Old 07-01-2004, 10:00 AM

Car looks great, man. All I can see is the sig, but I like the wheels on there. I like the way they turned out with the thin tires on them.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by ohannon7
so your sig pic is a photoshop? I think it looks great

what series tires you runnin???

Thanks!

The tires are 235/40/18
Old 07-01-2004, 12:31 PM
will fly for food

yea looks great... if it ever stops raining here in GA i'll wash mine up... it's been raining every single day for the past 3 weeks, so I haven't gotten a chance to wash my car