4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Need some help with clock/ AC Bulb question

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 01:20 AM

Need some help with clock/ AC Bulb question

Good news...if you're too cheap to go buy cellophane paper, a red marker will work in changing the color of your clock. Bad news...taking the face off the clock should be done over an area that you can see what falls out....i think i lost a piece. My buttons no longer change the time, heh. I guess one of the magnetized plastic rubber thingys that you find behind a lot of switches is now missing. Im about to pull apart an old tv remote to see if i cant find a substitute, but...does anyone know what this piece looks like....or if indeed it does exist. Or if anyone has a broken clock and they could mail me the clock or just this piece? Or where I can buy a clock...heh..im a perfectionist...so just knowing it doenst work is enough to drive me crazy. Also, I heard someone say the AC lighting was bulbs, not leds...is this true? What size bulbs are they? Are they condomed? If i remove the condom will they be white or just a yellow color? Thanks for your help. Or, if you can tell me what kind of resistor i would need to plug a 3v LED in where those bulbs come out, that would help me too.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Saddles
Good news...if you're too cheap to go buy cellophane paper, a red marker will work in changing the color of your clock. Bad news...taking the face off the clock should be done over an area that you can see what falls out....i think i lost a piece. My buttons no longer change the time, heh. I guess one of the magnetized plastic rubber thingys that you find behind a lot of switches is now missing. Im about to pull apart an old tv remote to see if i cant find a substitute, but...does anyone know what this piece looks like....or if indeed it does exist. Or if anyone has a broken clock and they could mail me the clock or just this piece? Or where I can buy a clock...heh..im a perfectionist...so just knowing it doenst work is enough to drive me crazy. Also, I heard someone say the AC lighting was bulbs, not leds...is this true? What size bulbs are they? Are they condomed? If i remove the condom will they be white or just a yellow color? Thanks for your help. Or, if you can tell me what kind of resistor i would need to plug a 3v LED in where those bulbs come out, that would help me too.

nm on the clock part...i've fixed it so i can adjust it...used parts from my old tv remote.
Old 07-28-2004, 01:38 PM
Paradox Systems Vendor

im curious about the AC question as well...
Old 07-28-2004, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Maximus1997
im curious about the AC question as well...
Maximus, it does use bulbs...and i believe its a 12v lead. So i'll go to radioshack and buy some resistors for it when my LED's come in. That's about the only way to do it unless someone knows the part number for the lights so we can order white bulbs....which I'd rather really do if possible......also on the clock, red marker fades...I bought window tinting from Oreilly, going to use that.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:02 AM
Paradox Systems Vendor

Originally Posted by Saddles
Maximus, it does use bulbs...and i believe its a 12v lead. So i'll go to radioshack and buy some resistors for it when my LED's come in. That's about the only way to do it unless someone knows the part number for the lights so we can order white bulbs....which I'd rather really do if possible......also on the clock, red marker fades...I bought window tinting from Oreilly, going to use that.

oh, ok thank you...i used the cellophane trick for my clock, it came out great, good luck with yours, thanks for the info...
Old 07-29-2004, 09:13 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

What if you choose to make it red?? What would you have to do then?