4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Stupid Curb

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2001, 05:12 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

this morning i ran over a curb on the way to school as i was passing a car cause she was turning...i wasnt goin that fast and i didnt like brush up aganst it ..it was more like i hit the curb when it slowly got bigger then rode up onto it and came off like 2 feet down the curb..i hope i didnt mess anything up..how should i check for a bent rim ?? i was only goin like 20 maybe 25 and i didnt hear anything noise but the niose of the shock...help me IM DUMB thanks guys
-matt
Old 04-04-2001, 07:24 AM

my worst nightmare... your wheel should be fine the way you said it happened... you would feel a bent wheel while driving. also is the rim scrathed?
Old 04-04-2001, 07:30 AM

MRT2000J says you'll be fine.

And he prolly pities ya too. He says he jumps ramps all day, no prob! LOL

I did exactly what U did once, make ya feel like a mack doesn't it? Its all fine and dandy if you got a truck, in fact I look for the oppertunity to plow across a median to make a shortcut, but it sux in the max.

Gotta slow down and look out.
Old 04-04-2001, 08:30 AM

What kind of wheels you got?

Originally posted by matty
this morning i ran over a curb on the way to school as i was passing a car cause she was turning...i wasnt goin that fast and i didnt like brush up aganst it ..it was more like i hit the curb when it slowly got bigger then rode up onto it and came off like 2 feet down the curb..i hope i didnt mess anything up..how should i check for a bent rim ?? i was only goin like 20 maybe 25 and i didnt hear anything noise but the niose of the shock...help me IM DUMB thanks guys
-matt
Were they stock 4th gen wheels? If so, you should be ok because I used to do it all the time; plus, if you bought road hazzard with your tires, you really don't need to worry about replacing the tires... Maxima's are built (from the factory) to at least withstand that kind of impact...

However, if you have lowered suspension and bigger after-market wheels, it would be a different story...
Old 04-04-2001, 08:58 AM
tiedyemaxima

I was turning right one time off of a hill on to the flat road, and cliped the curb. It busted my tire and scratched my rime. So your was not that bad at least you did not do as much damage as i did.

Old 04-04-2001, 05:56 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

STOCK

Originally posted by EdwardCYH

Were they stock 4th gen wheels? If so, you should be ok because I used to do it all the time; plus, if you bought road hazzard with your tires, you really don't need to worry about replacing the tires... Maxima's are built (from the factory) to at least withstand that kind of impact...

However, if you have lowered suspension and bigger after-market wheels, it would be a different story...

It should be Fine..i have stock se rims and it just kind of flipped me out cause it was so sudden and i thought i f-ed something up...i used to have a jeep so maybe my jeep inside is comin out no scatches either
Old 04-04-2001, 11:57 PM

Don't worry about it... as long as stocks are on you'll be ok. I ran over a parking divider once (those thick as hell cement blocks) and it came out fine. The only thing you might have to worry about is alignment. Bent rim/alignment you can easily tell if your steering is all weeble wobble when you drive on the highway.
Old 04-05-2001, 01:34 AM

I had a bent rim once. Basically, the car feels almost undrivable with a badly dented rim, since the whole vehicle will vibrate vibrate vibrate when you drive it down the road.

If everything feels fine, then you're probably ok.