4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Accident!!! Worst Day Ever !!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 01:53 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by A Flood99
man, in high school i drove a 97 dodge intrepid, and if you've ever seen ugly....that car definitely is it.....now with college + a job i can afford my beautiful maxima, goes to show good usually comes from bad

It may be ugly, but my 97 intrepid felt far more stable around high speed turns than my maxima on AGX/progress.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:02 PM
wat

Yea Im still in HS and im paying every penny for my car. It costs $255/month for the loan, but im proud to have a nice car i can afford. Sure I work my *** off for it, but atleast I know its my car and only the bank/police can take it away, no one else. I see many people handed brand new cars for when they get their license, but I could care less. its gonna be harder for them once they enter the real world. Ill be entering in w/ great credit (auto loan helps) and a car under my name, not to mention plenty of experience with budgeting money.

So I know I'll be fine once I turn 18, they will have it much more rough.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:13 PM
VIP Maxima

man thats nothing, i know ***got *** 18 year olds driving SL55 AMG drop tops slammed on 22" chrome. and then they all act so PIMP for u like they ****in own the road.

"oh, i got the AMG, u drive a maxima? ohhhhhhh man that must suck"

*****, i know what ur dad can do, wtf can YOU do?

Old 08-25-2004, 02:15 PM

on a track or high way top speed would beat the r32 with the enzo but on a quater mile r32 would rip it and on highway if the r32 can keep up with the enzo until top gear thats pretty sad man
Old 08-25-2004, 02:22 PM

hey man, the same thing happend to me. The woman backed a Honda CRV into me. All the damage done to her was her spare tire got ****ed up, but it cost 3000 for repairs at a good shop. At least it wasnt your fault.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:36 PM

HEHE HAHAHAHAHAHA

Ahh that brings back good memories. I went to a "rich kid" high school and by no means at all is my family well off. I'm 20, i have an 813 credit score ( which as far as bank's go thats in the "Elite" group) I work 58-65 hours weekly, Im in training to become a Finance Manager at a Nissan Dealership. I've had 4 cars (just my luck) My first car i baught when i was in the 11'th grade from working at Stop & Shop since i was 16, it was a 94 Jeep Grand Cheroke (POS) for $4000 had 125k on it when i baught it, great car. I sold that and Baught a 97 Maxima SE with 120k on it at the auciton for $5500. I totaled that like a n00b (pictures on my cardomain website http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattmaxima )
I baught a 1998 Audi A4 1.8T w/ 60k at the auction for $4500 and the motor $h!t the bed about a month later. I used my parents car to get to work (this time i was working @ the Ford Dealership selling cars) I sold the audi for $2100 and used that + money i saved to buy my new 1997 Sage Green SE loaded for $7700 with 59k from a dealership in New York (yes i drove over 400 miles to get a new maxy I = <3 maxys)

And looking back i've established excellent credit, and i bet u im 50 steps ahead of the kids at school who were driving new Porches, BMW, ect,.
Face it the spoiled kids get what they want but are they really prepared for real life? I know when i have kids i'll probably buy my kid a car, it wont be the best but it will serve the purpose of teaching them responsibility that they can have that sports car.

Spoiling your kid aint bad, but teaching them the responsibility that goes with it is essential.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:59 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by MattMaxima_V2
Face it the spoiled kids get what they want but are they really prepared for real life?
Does it really matter? For 95% of them, daddy's gonna bail them out of any trouble they get into (whether it be legal, financial, scholastic, etc). Rich parents rarely end up with poor offspring because they make sure their kids have some padding in their accounts from day one. I used to date a girl that didn't have a job, drove a 2 year old (in 2001) Jag XJ8, and received a $2500 allowance every month (yes, I said allowance, and she was 20 yrs old). And yes, that money was gone each and every month (often only 2 or 3 weeks into the month) with no negative consequences for her pathetic money management. But it didn't matter if there was a necessary expense that she couldn't afford - daddy was always ready to transfer more cash into her account.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:23 PM

did she spend any on you?
Old 08-25-2004, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by wariow
did she spend any on you?
Yea, but on her terms. Want clothes? She picked em. Considering her fondness for pink and purple clothes on guys, I didn't really take advantage. I really only got free meals and the occasional tank of gas. But anyway . . . .
Old 08-25-2004, 04:51 PM

when i was in high school in the early 90's i rode a bus pass!!! and as for being ****ed about kids with too much money. i work for a bank so i see it all day long. and man it hurts!!
Old 08-25-2004, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by MaxNismo1
Yea, but on her terms. Want clothes? She picked em. Considering her fondness for pink and purple clothes on guys, I didn't really take advantage. I really only got free meals and the occasional tank of gas. But anyway . . . .

LMAO pink and purple.... you'd walk around lookin like a box of good n plenty candy. man id love to have a girl like that, my max would have some sweet *** volk racing wheels, //M body kit, supercharger..... lol jus a lil payback to all the girls who attempted to sucker me outta my money. j/k

i agree that the kids who get 60k cars wont learn the value of money or will learn how to budget but it wont matter. their parents will buy them their houses, cars, and often at times will just get some kind of thumb twiddling job at the family company. women will be lucky enough to find a rich husband to jus take care of here for as long as her looks stay up, that wont be hard with the plastic surgeons and botox.
lol on a sidenote......
i remember when i was young and my mom was doing house keeping she would bring me along sometimes. the wife was always doing nothin and sleeping, or shopping. until one day i went in with my mom and i didnt see her but saw a younger more attractive woman, i asked my mom who is that and she said thats franklins new wife . lmao.... i still remember that day.