4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

quiet aftermarket exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 12:06 PM

quiet aftermarket exhaust?

its time for the exhaust to be replaced on my mom's 97SE auto. i still drive the car alot, and feel as though a little extra power would be nice (along with the improvement in gas mileage when driven normally), and since it is my mom's car and she has a huge problem with modifying stock stuff and loud cars, i need to keep it as quiet as it is now. my idea so far consists of a warpspeed non-mandrel bent ypipe, stock cat, 2.5" warpspeed B-pipe (resonated) to some kind of muffler..too bad the 2k+ would look stupid on the car with the exhaust cutout on the bumper. i've heard of the auto-magic guys losing torque with the ypipe and larger exhaust, could that be gained back by using all 2.5" piping to a stock muffler? that'd create back pressure for sure, but would it lose all benefits of the rest of the exhaust setup? i only want to do this once and not experiment like i would with my car.
thanks!
Old 08-27-2004, 12:20 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by MaDMaX024
its time for the exhaust to be replaced on my mom's 97SE auto. i still drive the car alot, and feel as though a little extra power would be nice (along with the improvement in gas mileage when driven normally), and since it is my mom's car and she has a huge problem with modifying stock stuff and loud cars, i need to keep it as quiet as it is now. my idea so far consists of a warpspeed non-mandrel bent ypipe, stock cat, 2.5" warpspeed B-pipe (resonated) to some kind of muffler..too bad the 2k+ would look stupid on the car with the exhaust cutout on the bumper. i've heard of the auto-magic guys losing torque with the ypipe and larger exhaust, could that be gained back by using all 2.5" piping to a stock muffler? that'd create back pressure for sure, but would it lose all benefits of the rest of the exhaust setup? i only want to do this once and not experiment like i would with my car.
thanks!

Apexi WS catback