4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I just got my Warp Speed "quiet" catback!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 08:44 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Almost all pre-made cat-backs will have some kind of fitment issue. If you dont have a fitment problem, its most likely because you got lucky. I bought an Apex WS and I had fitment issues with that. Its too difficult to make an exhaust that will fit when every car is a little bit different. Your best bet is to pick the muffler you like, and get a shop to custom bend you a cat-back.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:47 PM

well turns out, i want to appologize for most of the things i said about it... i went to another shop today, and they lifted it, and we saw that one of the pipes was on backwards... ()the one that shifts the pipe from the center to the right) so it cost me more money to get that switched, and the b-pipe had to be adjusted some more...

with my o2 sensor, the bastards yesterday said they couldn't get it off and it would cost me another $160 for a new one, well today, the guy takes it off in 5 seconds no problem... Im glad I didn't shell out for a new one... but it sucks because the resonator pipe where the o2 bung was got cut off and is welded to my stock o2 sensor pipe... it looks really crappy from underneath, but you cant tell anymore...

the tip is centered up and everything is ok... i guess...

i still say go with apex, or greddy, or something more higher quality, but it was mostly my installer yesterday who f***ed it up...
Old 10-01-2004, 03:23 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

yeah...I have had no problems with this exhaust...the only thing I had to work on was the tip centering which was an easy fix...just difficult to do on jack stands...anyway, overall...I noticed that my car revved significantly freer after putting on the WSP catback system....the quality is low, but it is a ton less then all the other exhausts out there!!! same thing happened to me initially, a midas screwed up the entire install...then an exhaust shop said they fixed it...a friend picked it up and of course it wasn't fixed...then I just took it to a different midas and they did nothing but ridicule the previous install shops and said the exhaust is not the problem....and that it actually looks relatively high quality in thickness...and feel...however...they lectured me about never going these shops again and not watching what they are doing...
Old 10-01-2004, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by michaelnyden
yeah...I have had no problems with this exhaust...the only thing I had to work on was the tip centering which was an easy fix...just difficult to do on jack stands...anyway, overall...I noticed that my car revved significantly freer after putting on the WSP catback system....the quality is low, but it is a ton less then all the other exhausts out there!!! same thing happened to me initially, a midas screwed up the entire install...then an exhaust shop said they fixed it...a friend picked it up and of course it wasn't fixed...then I just took it to a different midas and they did nothing but ridicule the previous install shops and said the exhaust is not the problem....and that it actually looks relatively high quality in thickness...and feel...however...they lectured me about never going these shops again and not watching what they are doing...
well, i see nothing wrong with staying with it now... it looks fine from the outside... but after wheels and a drop, i definately want an sp2 or an equivalent that comes out...