4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Clutch Problem and Radio Reception

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2001, 08:38 AM

Hey Ya'll,
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this clutch problem, in stop and go traffic, my clutch seems to groan after about 3 minutes of stop and go when engaging it, goes away after I get out onto highway and doesn't reappear until I hit some more stop and go traffic.
On a separate issue, I had a local shop install a system in my car, the head unit is a Pioneer DEH P7200 or something like that, about $400, so near the top of the line, I have a problem with poor radio reception, I chose Pioneer cause they are supposed to have the best reception...radio shop says they don't know what the problem is, they've looked at it 2 times already, told me the wiring's ok and they looked at the converter that goes between the radio and the power antenna and replaced it. Anyone else have this problem? I had no problems picking up radio stations with the Bose system, the shop thinks it's something to do with the antenna and the adapter they had to use to make it work with the Pioneer head unit...my friend's radio, same kind, works fine in his Nissan 200 SX, no power antenna though.
By the way I have a 99 SE
thanks!
Old 04-12-2001, 08:58 AM

re: your clutch problem. when i am stuck in rush hour traffic, after a while the clutch makes a groaning noise when starting from a standstill. i have read other posts that say this is normal; the maxima has a noisy clutch. when the clutch gets hot, it makes that noise.

dfwmax
Old 04-12-2001, 12:36 PM
Pusssseeeehhhh

Originally posted by DavidM
Hey Ya'll,
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this clutch problem, in stop and go traffic, my clutch seems to groan after about 3 minutes of stop and go when engaging it, goes away after I get out onto highway and doesn't reappear until I hit some more stop and go traffic.
On a separate issue, I had a local shop install a system in my car, the head unit is a Pioneer DEH P7200 or something like that, about $400, so near the top of the line, I have a problem with poor radio reception, I chose Pioneer cause they are supposed to have the best reception...radio shop says they don't know what the problem is, they've looked at it 2 times already, told me the wiring's ok and they looked at the converter that goes between the radio and the power antenna and replaced it. Anyone else have this problem? I had no problems picking up radio stations with the Bose system, the shop thinks it's something to do with the antenna and the adapter they had to use to make it work with the Pioneer head unit...my friend's radio, same kind, works fine in his Nissan 200 SX, no power antenna though.
By the way I have a 99 SE
thanks!
Well sometimes if the ground is in a "noisy" location that will cause bad radio reception
Old 04-12-2001, 01:01 PM

Maxima clutch groan

Originally posted by DavidM
Hey Ya'll,
You have Maxima Clutch Groan. It is a sound somewhat like a cow mooing. A cow with a sore throat. This is not a defect, it is a common and unlovely characteristic of the Maxima clutch.