4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Re-Raced the Eclipse GSX today

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2001, 01:17 PM

I got my Weapon R intake and put it on last night. Today I saw a few of those guys that I raced before and the guy in the Eclipse wanted to race me again. He said "Ive beaten you twice already why not beat you a few more times." I didnt know how much of a difference my intake would make. I had only drove around with it for about 20 minutes before I saw these guys. Anyway We went out to our usual spot to race and lined em up. We decided to run a longer race this time because he was just sure that I wasnt pulling on him last time we raced he said he just switched gears and was getting ready to pull away big time. Anyway we raced and he beat me off the line like usual but my car did seem to be pulling harder with the intake and right about the same spot that I was 1/2 a car length behind him last time I was dead even with him and then pulled about a car length on him and beat him. The second race was about the exact same. He was ****ed and I was happy as hell. It was a great feeling to beat that Eclipse!!!! Just thought id let you guys know how that went. I was pumped. Take Care
Old 04-16-2001, 01:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by SB97MAX
I got my Weapon R intake and put it on last night. Today I saw a few of those guys that I raced before and the guy in the Eclipse wanted to race me again. He said "Ive beaten you twice already why not beat you a few more times." I didnt know how much of a difference my intake would make. I had only drove around with it for about 20 minutes before I saw these guys. Anyway We went out to our usual spot to race and lined em up. We decided to run a longer race this time because he was just sure that I wasnt pulling on him last time we raced he said he just switched gears and was getting ready to pull away big time. Anyway we raced and he beat me off the line like usual but my car did seem to be pulling harder with the intake and right about the same spot that I was 1/2 a car length behind him last time I was dead even with him and then pulled about a car length on him and beat him. The second race was about the exact same. He was ****ed and I was happy as hell. It was a great feeling to beat that Eclipse!!!! Just thought id let you guys know how that went. I was pumped. Take Care
Man, you are funny. Don't blow a gasket on those knuckleheads.
Old 04-16-2001, 01:36 PM

Yeah im done racing those guys but I just had to take a few runs with my new intake. LOL It was 2 in one for me, try out the intake and beat the Eclipse. hehe Take Care
Old 04-16-2001, 01:40 PM

Originally posted by SB97MAX
Yeah im done racing those guys but I just had to take a few runs with my new intake. LOL It was 2 in one for me, try out the intake and beat the Eclipse. hehe Take Care
I was thinking that I didn't want to go crazy with the intake because of gas mileage. Which one did you buy? I see they are pretty cheap.
Old 04-16-2001, 01:59 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

Take it easy on the 'poor dude'...

If you make him feel too bad... he'll have to go and buy an intake, exhaust and maybe even a VBC... then we'll have problems... hehe....

Congrats!
Old 04-16-2001, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Intakes increase your gas mileage because of more air flowing into the engine..

I would say get the Place Racing Cold Air Intake.. don't waste your money on anythign else
Originally posted by deezo

I was thinking that I didn't want to go crazy with the intake because of gas mileage. Which one did you buy? I see they are pretty cheap.
Old 04-16-2001, 02:30 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax

I would say get the Place Racing Cold Air Intake.. don't waste your money on anythign else
Where to buy this intake? will it damage engine? any side effects? if i understood it saves gas?????
Old 04-16-2001, 02:50 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax

Are you using the PRCAI? I figure more power and less restriction would add to more efficiency in the short of it. I just want to make sure before I spend the money.