4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Smoked...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 05:39 AM
brotherhood of tq

Originally Posted by Ni_Nos_Maxima
One thing I got to say, Prove It, Aint no way that heavy lug is going to hall low 13 stock, With a really godlike driver they barley brake into high 13's

I also think that if that engine didnt have its 2 turbos it would be the slowest crap car.

___Ninos

ok fine the 04-05 s4's dont have those pesky twin turbos and im sure its v8 is far from being a slow crap car.
Old 11-28-2004, 05:48 AM

Umm...how about this 16 year old has no business racing at 120mph anyway?
Old 11-28-2004, 05:57 AM

Maximamike. Your car should not top out at 120. Read the FAQ about speed limiters... you can simply find out if you have one. If you don't then run some normal maintenence stuff, switch to synthetic oil and atf, check your fuel filter, air filter. Check your o2's and KS.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by chenzarino
Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding ... we have a winner!!
Old 11-28-2004, 11:03 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

my friend used to have a twin turbo Z....they are easily just as hard to work on...and I have pulled the motor twice on that thing...once to replace turbos....the other to actually replace the engine, and I also have replaced injectors on it once, and the head gasket on the original engine once....it is just as hard to work on as my bro's S4....the only difference is the parts are a less expensive and they last a lot longer....I know my bro prolly got a lemon, but I know a audi master tech who tells me all the time when I see him, thank god I am a audi technician, cause I will never ever be out of business....he also told the Audi TT is prolly one of the worst cars ever built to date...audi is stilling paying for it's mistakes...

on another note, my bro does know other S4 owners with significantly less problems....but then he knows some with the same problems, so it's a trade off...

if you look at our TSB's by the way, most of them are advisements or new tools/procedure bulletins!! and internal sounds/creaks....nothing mechanical at all! most of them anyway

the V8 S4...they are already replacing entire transmissions on it as they have a problem and won't get out of reverse once there in it occassionally...

my bro does have a 2000 S4 the first year they made it which may account for most of the problems....he does not drive it hard however! which is even more concerning as to how many problems it has had....my friend with the Z however where I had to replace a set of turbos and his engine, had 165K miles on it and drives it with the foot to the floor 90% of the time!!! so in short, the S4 is a POS....according to an audi master tech...he said there biggest problem is the K03's....they should have put K04's in stock....they much better turbos, with much better longevity!!! plus they have a lot higher output...they chose the K03's cause they spool so freakin' fast!

who is the "world's premier automotive builder"??? germany....yeah right! what cause they charge so much for them? well then maybe they should be perfect!!! for the price they charge....! additionally, that is interesting to see when I drive by a local mercedes dealership everyday to work and see the service bay overflowing with cars to the point where they park them on the street...!!! Let's just end this by saying, my brother swears to never buy another german car again except for porsche!! and let's not compare a 40K dollar car to a 6K dollar maxima....which with the difference could turn it into something the 40K car could never be!!!

lastly, b/c my car is way lighter than my bro's S4, I leave him in the canyons big time!!! fun to see b/c my car was $5500 and put another 1.5K in suspension and tires....lol
Old 11-28-2004, 12:10 PM
RaWr!!! ('''_(o_O)_''')

Originally Posted by Ni_Nos_Maxima
s4 issint twin turbo

you are no longer allowed to speak. the old S4's are 2.7L Tiwn Turbo and run mid-low 14's stock. chip it and you are in the 13's. the new S4's with the V8 haul *** and are in the hich 13's. but still slower than the M3. the turbo S4's are already fast and in the hands of a capable person with the right mods can easily hit 12's
Old 11-28-2004, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by michaelnyden
who is the "world's premier automotive builder"??? germany....yeah right! what cause they charge so much for them? well then maybe they should be perfect!!! for the price they charge....! additionally, that is interesting to see when I drive by a local mercedes dealership everyday to work and see the service bay overflowing with cars to the point where they park them on the street...!!! Let's just end this by saying, my brother swears to never buy another german car again except for porsche!! and let's not compare a 40K dollar car to a 6K dollar maxima....which with the difference could turn it into something the 40K car could never be!!!
Germany isn't at the top? Yea, the combined racing histories of Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, and Audi (or old school Auto Union) don't say much in terms of consistently being on top of cutting edge technology and the ability to dominate.... Ford's GT40 and, of course, Ferrari, are really the only exceptions (apologies to Steve Millen and his career).

Don't get me wrong, I love Japanese cars. Nissan is hands down my favorite car company. But come on... you can't act like Toyota, Nissan, and Honda service bays don't do PLENTY of volume. For newer European cars, warranty issues can require you to do all service at the dealer (even for just an oil change). That certainly accounts for some of their volume.

In the end, I agree that it's silly to think a Max can run with an S4 (lemon or not), so whoever started this thread should feel dumber for being so surprised when he got smoked. And I can't blame your brother - my experience with my Accord turned me away from Honda.
Old 11-28-2004, 12:54 PM
Well I should wrap this up before I start to ramble.

Originally Posted by 96stillen_max
you are no longer allowed to speak. the old S4's are 2.7L Tiwn Turbo and run mid-low 14's stock. chip it and you are in the 13's. the new S4's with the V8 haul *** and are in the hich 13's. but still slower than the M3. the turbo S4's are already fast and in the hands of a capable person with the right mods can easily hit 12's
Thats very good point... Do not race a person who has a S4, Unless your maxima has a turbo or it is supercharged, and you have 5spd.

This thread sucks, why no one has closed it yet?????
Old 11-28-2004, 01:37 PM

Fools. . . an Audi S4 and a 4th gen Maxima are not in the same class. I would take a 2000 Audi S4 with a blown tranny over a 1998 Maxima. But thats just me.
Old 11-28-2004, 02:28 PM
RaWr!!! ('''_(o_O)_''')

Originally Posted by Wisky97SE
I would take a 2000 Audi S4 with a blown tranny over a 1998 Maxima. But thats just me.

i would too. i am considering one for my next car...if i have the money...ive heard their turbos tend to blow out and can be costly to replace so i dont know.
Old 11-28-2004, 04:20 PM
Back from the dead

wow, thats like a civic versus a maxima, just now the max is on bottom
Old 11-28-2004, 06:32 PM
Team Ramrod

thats weird... mine's a gle as well and ive done well over 130 in it
Old 11-28-2004, 06:47 PM

lol, probably a sophomore in high school who's trying to see how fast his car is that his parents bought him. How cute.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by chenzarino

Even worse, this 16 year old isn't getting laid since a woman wooped him. She must have thought you were Ashton material, now you're Aaron Carter... and he hasn't even hit puberty.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:05 PM
THT
Throbbing member

roflol

Why waste the gas?

Oh and IBTL

~THT
Old 11-28-2004, 07:17 PM

no Ty...this is IBTL
Old 11-28-2004, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by michaelnyden
it is a shoddy piece of machinery!!!....the 2.7T has many recalls and TSB's....my brothers pearl white 2000 S4 has had 2 sets of turbos replaced by the factory and he uses mobil 1 and has a turbo timer!!! that's right, he's on his 3rd set and that was when he was stock!!!
^^^ I don't care.

Audi S4.... MMMmmmm..... I'll take one in red. or black. whatever.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:13 PM

hey, can we stop the fighting now, we know maximas are ****ing great, S4s are just hot, powerful, and sporty yet luxurious. so i would like to ask a question, this co-worker, does she look good? because this sounds really good, a chick pushing an audi s4. WOW. I love to see things like this.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by MAXecutive
hey, can we stop the fighting now, we know maximas are ****ing great, S4s are just hot, powerful, and sporty yet luxurious. so i would like to ask a question, this co-worker, does she look good? because this sounds really good, a chick pushing an audi s4. WOW. I love to see things like this.
yea shes hot but shes 19 and shes got a 22 yr old bf who bought the car for her so...

p.s.: what is wrong with you people? you have nothing better to do than to rip on me cause im 16? especially the guy who said i wasnt getting laid i can just imagine you being 35 yrs old and 300+ lbs-trust me i get my share of action
Old 11-28-2004, 09:04 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

oh jeez...step away from being a 16 year old and try to see where you're going with your post. You're racing a car that's faster than you to begin with, and speeding way past speed limit in your first year of licensed driving. You're the reason the laws are so strict regarding us teenagers, because stupid kids wanna endanger themselves and everyone around them. Save your racing for the track.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by tavarish
oh jeez...step away from being a 16 year old and try to see where you're going with your post. You're racing a car that's faster than you to begin with, and speeding way past speed limit in your first year of licensed driving. You're the reason the laws are so strict regarding us teenagers, because stupid kids wanna endanger themselves and everyone around them. Save your racing for the track.
hey i never meant this thread to turn into this it wasnt even dangerous i was on a massive deserted highway. the main reason i posted this was to see how i could improve my top speed or find out why it was so low. only one reply helped me out on that point out of all these posts.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:35 PM
RaWr!!! ('''_(o_O)_''')

Originally Posted by maximamike88
yea shes hot but shes 19 and shes got a 22 yr old bf who bought the car for her so...

p.s.: what is wrong with you people? you have nothing better to do than to rip on me cause im 16? especially the guy who said i wasnt getting laid i can just imagine you being 35 yrs old and 300+ lbs-trust me i get my share of action
you just ruined any credability you may have had with that post...i think you should just stop now...
Old 11-28-2004, 11:48 PM
brotherhood of tq

first no n/a 4th gen max is gonna keep up wit a s4 in the twisty if the driver skill is equal. awd>fwd. and i find it hard to believe that even a boosted 4th gen max would keep up with a s4 in the twisties if the driver skill is kept equal.
secondly my family has two benzes and those cars are trouble free. the reason u see so many cars at the dealer service lot is because oil changes, tire rotations, cd player installs, detailing, and the normal servicing is done by them. when people spend cash on a german car the dont drive down to the jiffy lube to get work done.
ohh and the ko3's in the s4's are the ko3 sports and thats y they spool so fast. thats because it has the ko4 turbines in a ko3 housing. the full ko4 are for people who want big power and that tends to be a common aftermaket mod.

and if your brother owns a pos then he should have taken his car back to them. i would take a s4 with problems over any max anyday. the max is great but its not even in the same league as the s4