4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I'm so happy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2001, 12:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Hello:

I just wanted to let everyone know that I turned my GXE into a GLE and a SE today. First and the best mod I did was that I installed leather seats into my MAX, after that I got some polished GLE rims, and some new tires, after that I installed the SE suspension, and to top it all off I installed the spoiler I bought from Spintmax (same color as my car). All I have to say is that the car handles allot better, and looks beautiful, I love my MAX!

Thanks to all!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2001, 06:47 AM
Administrator

No problem..

so how did you fix that bolt problem?

Originally posted by ionicmax
Hello:

I just wanted to let everyone know that I turned my GXE into a GLE and a SE today. First and the best mod I did was that I installed leather seats into my MAX, after that I got some polished GLE rims, and some new tires, after that I installed the SE suspension, and to top it all off I installed the spoiler I bought from Spintmax (same color as my car). All I have to say is that the car handles allot better, and looks beautiful, I love my MAX!

Thanks to all!!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2001, 12:11 AM
Former Sponsor

bolt problem

The guy how installed it put a small sheet of metal inside the spoiler, and a bolt would come out of that sheet. It worked just fine and it looks great!!
Old 04-20-2001, 01:50 AM

dont wanna rain on your parade

but did your GXE have a sunroof? hehehe

nice job man!

How much did you pay for the GLE rims?

you could have bought the SE style rims for about 400!

If you are really adventurous, get the handles and grille and side view mirros painted body colour and you are set!

and the fog lights, then you will be an SE!
Old 04-20-2001, 10:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Re: dont wanna rain on your parade

Yes

nice job man!
Thanks!! I love working on the Max, it's easy.

200 and they are polished and look way cool, like chorme, I also got some Pirelli P8000 tires while I was at it.

I've tried, but everyone else wants them too!!! I think I'm going to still get them, but I'm going to wait until summer.

If you are really adventurous, get the handles and grille and side view mirrors painted body color and you are set!

I already have the color painted grill on my car, and the side view mirrors also, but a like the chrome on the handles and around the window. I'm keeping the best from the GLE and the SE for my taste.

and the fog lights, then you will be an SE! [/QUOTE]
I'm just waiting to get some more $$$ for that.!!!!

Take care man!!!!

P.s. what I would love to get is just the center wood dash piece, the one that goes around the stereo and shifter. It looks very classy.

P.s. I also have a killer sound system, with a keenwood KRC-708 head unit, two keenwood amps, alpine speakers, 10 disc cd changer, and two 10" subs in the back. I've had it over a year now.
Old 04-20-2001, 10:09 AM

presto... chango.... and with a little fairy dust!!
BTW Ionic... make sure to get the fogs when you get a chance.. IMO they add sooo much to the car.... i love rolling around with just the parking lights and fogs on....

NICE STUFF!!
Old 04-20-2001, 10:19 AM
Former Sponsor

I really need them!!!!

Originally posted by diesel9119
presto... chango.... and with a little fairy dust!!
BTW Ionic... make sure to get the fogs when you get a chance.. IMO they add sooo much to the car.... i love rolling around with just the parking lights and fogs on....

NICE STUFF!!
I know, I just posted a tread on the parts for sale forum, hoping I could find some.

Pace!!!
Old 04-20-2001, 10:23 AM

speaking of fog lights, i want to added them to my 95 gxe, and i can't seem to find those plugs that are taped up somewhere. i looked and looked an i can't find them.
Old 04-20-2001, 10:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by gtr_rider
speaking of fog lights, i want to added them to my 95 gxe, and i can't seem to find those plugs that are taped up somewhere. i looked and looked an i can't find them.
Try following the other harnesses, I think they're connected some where in the engine bay.
Old 04-20-2001, 03:16 PM

Is that your Max pic Matrix?!!!

Originally posted by Matrix

nice job man!

If you are really adventurous, get the handles and grille and side view mirros painted body colour and you are set!

and the fog lights, then you will be an SE!
The Max pic you always posting it I saw it in the Turbo magazine more than 2 years ago and still have this magazine untill now it has Stillen SC, Bigbrake,lowered, Stillen exhust system,Stillen spoilers and Momo rims on it size 17x8, tires size 235/45 ZR17 (I didn't forget it untill now)and exact same color beside it's a stick shift, I will scan the pic for you from the Turbo magazine it's the same Max. (you said you didn't install nothing to it!!!).
Old 04-20-2001, 03:56 PM

Re: Is that your Max pic Matrix?!!!

Originally posted by MadMax 69

The Max pic you always posting it I saw it in the Turbo magazine more than 2 years ago and still have this magazine untill now it has Stillen SC, Bigbrake,lowered, Stillen exhust system,Stillen spoilers and Momo rims on it size 17x8, tires size 235/45 ZR17 (I didn't forget it untill now)and exact same color beside it's a stick shift, I will scan the pic for you from the Turbo magazine it's the same Max. (you said you didn't install nothing to it!!!).
Haha nope!

"The car is mine, I swear!" - its a joke. The car is not mine.

The car in my picture is the original Stillen SMX 1997 Maxima. Supercharged, lowered etc. My car is stock, but I'm waiting to get a digital camera to take some pictures of it.
Old 04-20-2001, 03:59 PM

how much were the seats and doorpanels?nm

how much did the door panels and leather seats cost?
Old 04-20-2001, 11:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Re: how much were the seats and doorpanels?nm

Originally posted by Justin95SE
how much did the door panels and leather seats cost?
I got them at the junk yard, 300 dlls.
Old 04-21-2001, 07:56 AM

Originally posted by ionicmax
Hello:

Thanks to all!!!!!!!
GOOD JOB! sounds cool...
Do you have any pics of the finished product? What do the polished wheels look like?
Old 04-21-2001, 10:44 AM
Former Sponsor

I don't have a scanner yet!

Originally posted by dsmercado

GOOD JOB! sounds cool...
Do you have any pics of the finished product? What do the polished wheels look like?
I'm planing on buying a scanner on Monday, and as soon as I get it I'll post some pics!!!

Take care!!!