4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

pulled over by a STATE TROOPER! BAD BAD BAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 02:48 PM

pulled over by a STATE TROOPER! BAD BAD BAD!!!

i was driving on my way to work.....i came across an intersection....came up to a stop sign....looked both ways and made a left turn....as i made the turn i looked in my rear view mirrow....there he was....LIGHTS flashing and everything.....asked for my license and registration....came back with a $120 STOP SIGN VIOLATION TICKET!!!! i was shocked to see how much stop sign tickets are.....but im gonna go to court and see if i can get it off my record or have my ticket price reduced....cuz honestly $120 is rediculous....i could have been speeding and got away with a cheaper ticket

also ive been told state troopers tend to not go to court on the court dates.....if this is true i can go to court and get off as NOT GUILTy....right?
Old 12-12-2004, 02:49 PM
I need a truck

If you didn't fully stop then you broke the law.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:52 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

If the trooper doesn't show you automatically win. In my only experience in court (went with a friend who got a ticket) the trooper that pulled him over showed up.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:52 PM
Well I should wrap this up before I start to ramble.

Originally Posted by JLiusifer
i was driving on my way to work.....i came across an intersection....came up to a stop sign....looked both ways and made a left turn....as i made the turn i looked in my rear view mirrow....there he was....LIGHTS flashing and everything.....asked for my license and registration....came back with a $120 STOP SIGN VIOLATION TICKET!!!! i was shocked to see how much stop sign tickets are.....but im gonna go to court and see if i can get it off my record or have my ticket price reduced....cuz honestly $120 is rediculous....i could have been speeding and got away with a cheaper ticket

also ive been told state troopers tend to not go to court on the court dates.....if this is true i can go to court and get off as NOT GUILTy....right?
You probably made a fast turn. Just Plea Not Guilty and you might get the point or the amount reduced.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:54 PM

yea, if you didnt stop, get got you.

I know it sucks to get a ticket for that, cause sometimes I dont want to come to a full stop, I'd rather keep 2nd gear, slow down a lot almost to a stop then go, but even that is wrong if I get caught.

If hes not there in court and you plead not guilty then I dont see how they can hit you with the ticket, but if they delay the case to get you both in court then that maybe be different.

just go to court try to get it reduced, pay the fine and stop at stop signs, I'm going to take this post as a sign for me to stop completely also.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:55 PM

well one of my buddies told me to dress as best as i can and set a good impression.....

if the trooper does show up im probably goin to plea NOT GUILTY and tell them that it was slippery out...which it was
Old 12-12-2004, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by MDeezy
I know it sucks to get a ticket for that, cause sometimes I dont want to come to a full stop, I'd rather keep 2nd gear, slow down a lot almost to a stop then go, but even that is wrong if I get caught.
This is what I did, $114 for it. Now, I just try to be more aware, and then break the law...
Old 12-12-2004, 03:05 PM
Always sunny in philly

well one of my buddies told me to dress as best as i can and set a good impression.....

if the trooper does show up im probably goin to plea NOT GUILTY and tell them that it was slippery out...which it was

I tried to say that too one time. I blew a stop sign and we had just gotten over an ice storm. Most likely judge will not care and say that your vehicle should have been properly equipped. (thats what they told me)

Go to court and most likely they'll give you a plea bargain
Old 12-12-2004, 03:07 PM

also it was a foggy morning if that helps any at all
Old 12-12-2004, 03:13 PM

There is not going to be any excuse in the judge's eyes that will make him drop the ticket. Now, you might get him to drop/lower it if you plead guilty but don't go in there trying to make an excuse for running a stop sign when the trooper was right behind you. Hope the trooper doesn't show, otherwise pleade guilty and ask for driving school or something along those lines.
Old 12-12-2004, 03:31 PM

id bet he'll show heck i sure would for $120
Old 12-12-2004, 03:34 PM

usually when u go to court for a ticket..Friends aunt is a Judge..shows that you think you have a vaild point most time they lower the ticket price, about 75% of the time..and if the cop does not show you are released with no charges and so forth...
Old 12-12-2004, 03:41 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

also it was a foggy morning if that helps any at all
I woulda advise against saying that, the first thought that comes to mind is that you should have been more cautious not less
Old 12-12-2004, 03:48 PM

if i do plea guilty is there even a point in goin to court? what would pleaing guilty and goin to court benefit me from?
Old 12-12-2004, 03:51 PM

there is no point...you plead guilty, you get the ticket price, you pay it, and get your points...there is no point..
Old 12-12-2004, 03:51 PM
Always sunny in philly

if i do plea guilty is there even a point in goin to court? what would pleaing guilty and goin to court benefit me from?

if u plead guilty, they may plea bargain with you. ALWAYS fight your tickets
Old 12-12-2004, 03:53 PM

i just want to go to court and guilty and have them think that im a total idiot....i figured u either pay the ticket or go to court and fight it....i never knew u could go to court and plea guilty....sounds weird
Old 12-12-2004, 03:59 PM
Always sunny in philly

i just want to go to court and guilty and have them think that im a total idiot....i figured u either pay the ticket or go to court and fight it....i never knew u could go to court and plea guilty....sounds weird

Just plea not guilty. if they find your guilty, they will most likely offer you a plea bargain that i described above. That way, they can take your money and you wont be able to appeal it again.

they want your money-they could care less about your points.
Old 12-12-2004, 04:02 PM

If the cop doesn't show, you have to motion to dismiss or they won't just throw it away. WHen they say you dont have ot go to court, that means the arraignment, which you can do by mail by checking off guilty or not guilty on the ticket and mailing it in, at which point you will receive a letter with a court date. The court date on the ticket is for you to go and plead guilty and pay, or to plead not guilty and come back for trial.
Old 12-12-2004, 05:33 PM
tastey wheat

i wouldn't bother going to court unless you're sure you can win or get it reduced, in my area theres a $25 court fee no matter what if you show
Old 12-12-2004, 05:49 PM

lol no it will not help that it was foggy You are expected to drive MORE carefully in inclimate conditions.

Just pay the freakin ticket. You ran the stop sign right? If the cop had wanted to let you go with a warning, he would have.

There is a chance that the trooper will not show up, but don't bet on it.
Old 12-12-2004, 05:53 PM
VIP Maxima

i got a bs stop sign ticket few months ago too. i didnt even bother to stopp and passed the sign at 15 mph then got pulled over and nailed $143, went to court and got it down to $120. damn bastards !

Old 12-12-2004, 06:01 PM
I'm needing a caw

You will get it reduced no matter what (if you go to court) But who cares when your insurance goes though the roof because of a ticket on your record. Best to try to get it off. But if the officer shows, you are dead. Especially when you have basicly admitted to running the stop sign.

I have a 5-sp, so I almost have to stop to get the tranny in 1st gear. So I basicly stop every time anyway.
Old 12-12-2004, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by JaMdMax97
there is no point...you plead guilty, you get the ticket price, you pay it, and get your points...there is no point..
I always go to court for my tickets... even if I plead guilty. If you're dressed respectably and don't mouth off, the judge will almost always reduce the ticket. If you show up wearing a grubby t-shirt, he'll most likely raise it. I saw this happen last time I was in court.
Old 12-12-2004, 06:16 PM
JSMEXUSA

I went to NJ court a few days ago; I was making 58 on a 50 and an unmarked police car tailgating me for 3 minutes and because didn't move to right lane to let him pass he gave me a 76 on a 50 which was a lie and by the way didn't have a radar only paced me (looked at his speed). I really wanted to fight my ticket; we were about 150 or more people and non of the officers showed up, we all though everybody were getting a dismissed ticket, but the prosecuter said that if we didn't get a deal with him and wanted to figh it we will need to come back another time; so everybody asked him for help and he reduced 100% of the tickets a little or if you got 2 or 3 dismissed one of them, etc...They got everything figured out; I stayed about 5 hours. I felt like asking the judge to call the officer because can't comeback another day; but they don't care. Nobody, not even layers or well educated people fight tickets anymore, is almost impossible to win against the judge/police they work for the same goverment; 90% of the time you loose; (only if you have eyewitnesses you may win, 2 persons against officer) they always talk to prosecuter to reduce fines/point. Very corrupted police/court system we have.

Old 12-12-2004, 06:18 PM
I'm needing a caw

I have fought many tickets. If the officer doesn't show, you request a dismissal. End of story.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:54 PM
Back from the dead

i got a lawyer friend, and got a 15 over reduced to faulty speedometer and a ticket for drifting/burnouts reduced to improper parking. Id say its worth it.
Old 12-12-2004, 10:10 PM

i got stuck with a 175 stop sign ticket, prosponed it twice then went to court and got it lowered to 135 and driving school.
Old 12-12-2004, 10:38 PM

thats sucks man
Old 12-13-2004, 07:16 AM

well thanks for all ur replies but i think ill just pay the fu cking ticket and have it over with.....ill just make sure i make a COMPLETE stop next time.....but $120 is pretty rediculous for a stop sign violation....damn cops!!!! not to mention this is the same shiereff that pulled my friend over for headlight covers on his f150.....he told him to take them off on the spot and the he kept them for himself