4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Maxima got totalled, how much it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 05:42 PM

Maxima got totalled, how much it worth?

Well unfortunately last Friday some jack@$$ ran a red light, totaling my beloved Maxima All four air bags deployed, the radiator got crushed, as well as literally the entire front end. Definitely damaged beyond repair. Ironically, I walked outta the car completely unharmed- yes I had my seat belt on. I swear these cars are so safe. It was a '97 SE with 125K miles on it, I should know Monday how much I'll be getting for it...any ideas? BTW I'm in MA for what it's worth.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:47 PM

What the car is worth is up the adjuster.
Old 12-29-2004, 06:08 PM

They'll just Blue Book it and give you that amount. As for any extra's you had on it... that will be a PITA to get. You'll need receipts to prove value, etc.

I had a car totalled once and it was a huge headache getting anything over book value despite all the extra's in the car. I even had a hard time getting extra for power locks, seats, etc. the car had because the adjuster said that according to the VIN my car didn't have those options. I was screaming at the guy to come look at the car. I had liability at the time so my insurance company didn't help me since I wasn't at fault and they weren't liable. If I had full cover, they would've stepped up and fought for me.

Anyhow, good luck and sorry for your loss.
Old 12-29-2004, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Igobuk
They'll just Blue Book it and give you that amount. As for any extra's you had on it... that will be a PITA to get. You'll need receipts to prove value, etc.

I had a car totalled once and it was a huge headache getting anything over book value despite all the extra's in the car. I even had a hard time getting extra for power locks, seats, etc. the car had because the adjuster said that according to the VIN my car didn't have those options. I was screaming at the guy to come look at the car. I had liability at the time so my insurance company didn't help me since I wasn't at fault and they weren't liable. If I had full cover, they would've stepped up and fought for me.

Anyhow, good luck and sorry for your loss.
Blue book value? Ehhh please don't tell me I get the measly "private party" value and nothing else...
Old 12-29-2004, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by ChuckDaMaxRider
Blue book value? Ehhh please don't tell me I get the measly "private party" value and nothing else...
No, I got the Blue Book retail value. The value supposedly it would cost me to replace the car.

And after about 2 months I finally got an extra like $350 for all the other power options my car had they said I didn't but ended up proving I did.

If you can, try and get your insurance company to help you out. At the time, I had Eagle Insurance (some budget insurance company based out of Long Island, NY). Since then I've ditched them and now I have Progressive. I also have almost full cover on my Maxima, just in case something like this were to happen again.