4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Got a ticket today for my tint

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 10:15 AM

Got a ticket today for my tint

Freakin' BS, young cop, nothing better to do. I live in PA, (Pittsburgh area) and was just minding my business when this kid pulls me over and tickets me for $105 bucks for my tint being too dark...

I love my tint! This bites. It looks awesome on my 97 black SE, and it helps keep my black leather interior cool in the summer and protects it from the heat.

Anyway, he said if I remove the tint, show up at the court house with the tint removed, he will waive the ticket. I was thinking of just paying the $105 and keeping the tint, but this was a township cop and I'll likely run into his got-nothing-better-to-do-*** and get ticketed again.

Anyone think I can just remove it from the driver/passenger front windows and be OK (leaving the rear passenger windows and back window dark). I'm just curious if anyone else has run into this.

Also, how the heck do you remove the tint safely and easily? I bought the car with it on, and it was a pro job, not a scratch or bubble in it... I'm so mad, but I am going to have to take it off I think.

If anyone has some good feedback on the removal, let me know. I know this wasn't really a good post, I just needed to vent ;-)

-Leo
Old 01-09-2005, 10:17 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Originally Posted by leojs
Freakin' BS, young cop, nothing better to do. I live in PA, (Pittsburgh area) and was just minding my business when this kid pulls me over and tickets me for $105 bucks for my tint being too dark...
You broke the law, you got caught, plain and simple.

On Maxima.ORG we respect cops. Any more posts like this and you'll get some "time out"