4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Altezza (Lexus IS300) Tails............

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2000, 08:53 AM

Someone has to know this. I have heard that a handful of companies in Japan produce the Altezza style tail lights for the 95-99 Maxi. The problem in the US is that no one seems to import them (yet).

Does anyone know how to get them? Any contact information for the Japanese companies that produce them? Anything at all?
Old 10-06-2000, 10:22 AM

I have an idea...If you want them, then buy an IS300 They dont look good on anything but an IS.
Old 10-06-2000, 10:34 AM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

I doubt it. There are no Maxima in Japan so why would they make them->

There is Cefiro, but the tail lights are different.
Most of these cosmetic parts are from Taiwan or china. Not Japanese. Your source are not reliable. Your best bet is to get APC to make them.

Originally posted by Str8Maxin
Someone has to know this. I have heard that a handful of companies in Japan produce the Altezza style tail lights for the 95-99 Maxi. The problem in the US is that no one seems to import them (yet).

Does anyone know how to get them? Any contact information for the Japanese companies that produce them? Anything at all?
Old 10-06-2000, 10:45 AM

nopi

check nopi
Old 10-06-2000, 07:25 PM

Re: I doubt it. There are no Maxima in Japan so why would they make them->

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV
There is Cefiro, but the tail lights are different.
Most of these cosmetic parts are from Taiwan or china. Not Japanese. Your source are not reliable. Your best bet is to get APC to make them.

Originally posted by Str8Maxin

apc is the company that can get them but you will have to make a huge order may be 50 sets. i know this because i asked them to make the indiglow gauges and had 9 sets already sold but after time i gave up.
Old 10-06-2000, 09:06 PM

ACTUALLY Japan does have a Japan spec Maxima.... Its not called the "maxima" but i have seen pics of it. Its a cross between the Infinity and Nissan. Kinda nice lookin and supposidly faster than the U.S. spec oone too......
Old 10-06-2000, 11:58 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

in japan they have the cefiro. it's basically an i30 in maxima trim. (looks like an i30, but has the luxury of a maxima.) i believe the largest engine they use in japan is the vq25de in the cefiro... i could be wrong tho. i know that the uk, assie, and tw maximas ahve the vq30 tho.
Old 10-07-2000, 06:06 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by Max Speed
I have an idea...If you want them, then buy an IS300 They dont look good on anything but an IS.
now that's not nice...has anyone seen them on the max yet? i personally don't like the style lights on neons, prelude's etc. but lets hold the judgement on "anything" until we see it all...
Old 10-07-2000, 10:14 AM

Originally posted by Chris91SE

now that's not nice...has anyone seen them on the max yet? i personally don't like the style lights on neons, prelude's etc. but lets hold the judgement on "anything" until we see it all... [/I]
Its not about what they look like...its about the fact that your trying to imitate another car.
Old 10-07-2000, 12:39 PM

Originally posted by Max Speed
Originally posted by Chris91SE

now that's not nice...has anyone seen them on the max yet? i personally don't like the style lights on neons, prelude's etc. but lets hold the judgement on "anything" until we see it all...
Its not about what they look like...its about the fact that your trying to imitate another car. [/I]
im with this dude its ok to take the skyline lights or what ever but why try to look like a lexus when your a nissan you should at least stay in the nissan line up
Old 10-09-2000, 10:37 AM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Well, we are talking about tailights. We can't fit Cefiro taillights?

Think about it. He said they make them in Japan. So we import tons of clear tailights for Cefiro, what are we going to do with them???

Originally posted by ny96maxse
ACTUALLY Japan does have a Japan spec Maxima.... Its not called the "maxima" but i have seen pics of it. Its a cross between the Infinity and Nissan. Kinda nice lookin and supposidly faster than the U.S. spec oone too......
Old 10-09-2000, 11:14 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Re: Well, we are talking about tailights. We can't fit Cefiro taillights?

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV
Think about it. He said they make them in Japan. So we import tons of clear tailights for Cefiro, what are we going to do with them???

Originally posted by ny96maxse

hmmm... i dont understand your point. but all i gotta say is that the japanese cefiro looks like OUR i30, not our max. i highly doubt that they make the altezza style lamps for maximas in japan. if we were to look for em, the best bet would be from TAIWAN. cuz there they have the maxima and cefiro. btw, japanese spec cefiros are only available in 2.0 and 2.5 litre vq engines..

these are the specs for the current cefiros..

VQ25DD
Max power: 210ps/6400rpm
Max torque: 27.0kgm/4400rpm

VQ20DE
Max power: 160ps/6400rpm
Max torque: 20.0kgm/4400rpm

if anyone knows how to convert those torque figures to ft-lbs, id really like to know what they are compared my 2k max and 97 i30.
Old 10-09-2000, 12:13 PM
Disco Biscuit

I just wish APC would make them.

Then we could finally see what they look like and the question as to how good they look can be resolved
Old 10-09-2000, 04:39 PM

Immitating another car -

Someone said earlier that "Its not about what they look like...its about the fact that your trying to imitate another car." I agree with the first guy, in wanting them. Its not about immitating another car, its about making your car custom. Now if you go out and buy a whole new body or something to match the IS300 then I understand his comment, but taillights, give it a break. Why don't you rip on the maxima.org article about putting an I30 pop out drawer and steel kick plates and stuff? Thats immitating another car - I just think its not immitating the other car, its making your maxima more custom as long as you don't overdo it with one other specific car's parts - as for the IS300 lights - I like them and would be interested in purchasing them if available....

Old 10-09-2000, 08:49 PM

Re: Immitating another car -

Originally posted by hlh0501
Someone said earlier that "Its not about what they look like...its about the fact that your trying to imitate another car." I agree with the first guy, in wanting them. Its not about immitating another car, its about making your car custom. Now if you go out and buy a whole new body or something to match the IS300 then I understand his comment, but taillights, give it a break. Why don't you rip on the maxima.org article about putting an I30 pop out drawer and steel kick plates and stuff? Thats immitating another car - I just think its not immitating the other car, its making your maxima more custom as long as you don't overdo it with one other specific car's parts - as for the IS300 lights - I like them and would be interested in purchasing them if available....

all maxima omners should call APC and ask when will they have the altezza lights and indiglow gauges for the maxima. NR AUTO also make indiglow gauges. just think 20 to 30 people calling APC the same day and asking for the same parts. they just might make them.
Old 10-10-2000, 09:29 AM

APC's Phone Number

What is APC'S phone number? If someone will give me that or start a new post saying "Call APC and request this" with their phone number it would probably be a lot more effective. Also while we're at it we might as well email them if anyone has their email addr.

Old 10-10-2000, 12:20 PM
Superjzf

What's the Number?

Good idea.. I might be interested in these as well.

Old 10-10-2000, 02:28 PM
Joe

Who knows how to contact APC?
I really want these lights!!
Old 10-10-2000, 03:01 PM

Check out there website....

At http://www.4apc.net and there email addresses are: brian@4apc.net or braint@4apc.net or christopherm@4apc.net or travisw@4apc.net. There phone nember is: (909)898-9840. I would love to have euro style lights on my Maxima and hope others try to get APC to make them.

Nathan
TORMAX Enthusiasts Website
http://www.geocities.com/natanis_ca/index.html
Old 10-10-2000, 03:58 PM

No idea why people want Altezza taillights on a Maxima/Cefiro. A Skyline GTR taillights conversion will make more sense for a Nissan Owner.

I would rather spend the cash on performance parts.
Old 10-10-2000, 05:43 PM

Re: Check out there website....

Originally posted by Nathan
At http://www.4apc.net and there email addresses are: brian@4apc.net or braint@4apc.net or christopherm@4apc.net or travisw@4apc.net. There phone nember is: (909)898-9840. I would love to have euro style lights on my Maxima and hope others try to get APC to make them.

Nathan
i called apc today about the indiglows and the altezza, the indiglows they might make but the altezza they don't know if they will have them. i also called nr for the indiglows and said they got a few people asking for them in the last 2 weeks. we just got to keep calling so that we show intrest in maxima parts. my brother is going to call for me on wednesday and my girlfriend is going to call on friday.
Old 10-11-2000, 09:37 AM

Re:Re: Check out there website....

Originally posted by 97GLES
Originally posted by Nathan

Nathan
i called apc today about the indiglows and the altezza, the indiglows they might make but the altezza they don't know if they will have them. i also called nr for the indiglows and said they got a few people asking for them in the last 2 weeks. we just got to keep calling so that we show intrest in maxima parts. my brother is going to call for me on wednesday and my girlfriend is going to call on friday.
Thanks for all your comments guys (and girls?).

I called CourtesyParts Nissan and talked with one of their technicians who had a great deal of Maxima knowledge (he owns one). He stated that he knew that CourtesyParts was in the works or at least talking about importing Euro Altezza tails for the Max. He went on to state that they have found several companies in Japan, Taiwan, and China that produce them, and are in the process of deciding if it would be worth (profit wise) the time and money to import them.

Now that we know APC has no plans to produce them, everyone that wants one needs to call CourtesyParts and ask if they carry them. After they reply "no", request that they should.

[Edited by Str8Maxin on 10-11-2000 at 11:41 AM]
Old 10-11-2000, 10:31 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

IMO, I would not even want the IS300 tail lights on my IS300. They look like the should be on a Civic. For my Max, I would much rather have the Courtesy clear rears painted for the red/white combo. This look is more consistent with the cars overall styling and image.

Jim