4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Ebay bumper=Bad news

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 07:09 AM

Ebay bumper=Bad news

Bought a 97 stock bumper off ebay because I wrecked my front end.So I bought the bumper and driver's side fender.Putting them on yesterday,and they dont fit together! There's a big gap between the side of the bumper and the fender.Anyway I can fix that? Bought the brackets that go inside the bumper to hold it to the fender from the stealership and the threaded pegs dont make it all the way through the fender holes.and of course,the dealership gave me the wrong size nuts to hold the bracket to the fender.So anyway,how can it be fixed?! Need my car by saturday and I'm working til 5 tomorrow : Who wants to help me perform a miracle on this car?
Old 03-03-2005, 07:17 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Mine doesnt fit very well either. Sorry, I dont really know how to fix it...

Old 03-03-2005, 07:26 AM
ruffrida24444

whod u guys buy from

Old 03-03-2005, 07:32 AM
Custom User Title...

i hope the aftermarket bumper i bought yesterday fits. got mine from www.certifit.com

can you call up the company who made it or seller and tell them the fitment isn't good and hopefully get an exchange or something for their faulty product?
Old 03-03-2005, 08:21 AM

mzmtg: I dont even mean that...If mine looked like that I'd be happy! The bumper doesnt even reach the fender! So I can't even drive my car because the bumper will fall off cuz its not attached to anything.

ruffrida: bought from "autosdepo" on Ebay.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:20 PM

honestly, the only way to fix it is to buy an oem one. aftermarket plastic pieces are notorious for not fitting. its hit or miss usually, but i can say thay you get what you pay for. buy the more expensive aftermarket next time. usually they fit better.
Old 03-03-2005, 10:02 PM
5th Gen till she dies!

Originally Posted by Jepht20
i hope the aftermarket bumper i bought yesterday fits. got mine from www.certifit.com

can you call up the company who made it or seller and tell them the fitment isn't good and hopefully get an exchange or something for their faulty product?
i got mine form them and the bumper fits awsome. There is a tiny gap where the bumper meets the fender at the very top next to the corner light, but it is barley notice about and i am not even complaning about it.

remeber that aftermarket bumpers do not fit perfect, none of them really do that i have ever seen or had to deal with.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:43 AM
Armani

see...that's exactly what being cheap does to you. The fit is horrible, I know because I've seen those e-bay bumper on Maximas up front. I recently replaced my bumper cover with Nissan's OEM cover.

Man, the fit was perfect. If you look at my car from whatever angle, you cannot (I emphasize CANNOT) tell that the bumper cover was EVER replaced! It aligned perfectly and swiftly with the fender. It was like it wanted to slide in by itself. umm, you get the point.

Your e-bay bumper covers cost you guys $100 shipped or somewhere in that ballpark. I bought mine from Pinnacle nissan and paid $227 shipped. Now tell me that you would NOT pay $127 extra to have a bumper that is:

1) OEM
2) Made in Japan, unlike those e-bay POS China ones (most likely)
3) Durable
4) Exact fit to the millimeter
5) ...and finally, doesn't look like a piece of crap

Old 03-04-2005, 05:26 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

The key to getting a descent aftermarket bumper is to make sure it's CAPA certified!
Old 03-04-2005, 05:56 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

you can fix it with bondo I guess.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:32 AM

I bought a capa bumper cover and it fit perfect.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:41 AM
5th Gen till she dies!

Originally Posted by Armani
see...that's exactly what being cheap does to you. The fit is horrible, I know because I've seen those e-bay bumper on Maximas up front. I recently replaced my bumper cover with Nissan's OEM cover.

Man, the fit was perfect. If you look at my car from whatever angle, you cannot (I emphasize CANNOT) tell that the bumper cover was EVER replaced! It aligned perfectly and swiftly with the fender. It was like it wanted to slide in by itself. umm, you get the point.

Your e-bay bumper covers cost you guys $100 shipped or somewhere in that ballpark. I bought mine from Pinnacle nissan and paid $227 shipped. Now tell me that you would NOT pay $127 extra to have a bumper that is:

1) OEM
2) Made in Japan, unlike those e-bay POS China ones (most likely)
3) Durable
4) Exact fit to the millimeter
5) ...and finally, doesn't look like a piece of crap
wow that was interesting. In the project of buying and painting a from bumper $127 is much more money than an after market. I got a aftermarket bumper and it fits fine and look like it was never replaced. there are tiny little things but honestly you could never notice, and it does not btoer me one bit, and i would save my $127 which is more than double the price to go aftermaket.

1) it is not OEM of course that is why we are talking about
2) Made in Japan! wow it must be a "JDM" bumper WTF
3) The aftermarket bumper are made of ureathne the same **** the OEM ones are made of
4) It does not fit 100% perfect but if you research and find out who has the best it does not matter, and paying over double for the same thing with minor inperfections that you do nto even notice on your own car...that is rediculous, but hey it is your money.
5)mine does not lok liek apeice of crap at all, you culd never tell anythign was wrong. And everyone i have ever seen with a aftermarket bumpermost of the time it looks good, and there is nothign to complain about.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:45 AM
MaximaDriver

is it made in taiwan?? I have LH corner light from there. it doesnt fit at all
Old 03-05-2005, 01:48 AM

i have an aftermarket front bumper certifit to be exact and no one looking at it would know fit ment is perfect.
Old 03-05-2005, 02:47 AM
Armani

Originally Posted by ManualMaxima
wow that was interesting. In the project of buying and painting a from bumper $127 is much more money than an after market. I got a aftermarket bumper and it fits fine and look like it was never replaced. there are tiny little things but honestly you could never notice, and it does not btoer me one bit, and i would save my $127 which is more than double the price to go aftermaket.

1) it is not OEM of course that is why we are talking about
2) Made in Japan! wow it must be a "JDM" bumper WTF
3) The aftermarket bumper are made of ureathne the same **** the OEM ones are made of
4) It does not fit 100% perfect but if you research and find out who has the best it does not matter, and paying over double for the same thing with minor inperfections that you do nto even notice on your own car...that is rediculous, but hey it is your money.
5)mine does not lok liek apeice of crap at all, you culd never tell anythign was wrong. And everyone i have ever seen with a aftermarket bumpermost of the time it looks good, and there is nothign to complain about.
You completely missed the point. WTF? Are you kidding me?

1) The bumper can either be Nissan OEM or NOT. If it was me (or anybody else who knows "just enough" about cars) buying your Maxima, then I could tell right away that your bumper is a POS aftermarket. Therefore, leading me to believe you have been in some sort of accident. Whereas OEM you CANNOT tell. END OF STORY.

2) HAHA, "made in Japan as JDM"? lol Your one funny guy. It's not about the bumper being "JDM" as you put it . The point here is that a Japanese bumper, like nearly every other component made there, is solid, strong, and precise. Your aftermarket POS bumper is NOT any of these things. It is most likely made in Taiwan or China.

Originally Posted by WielkiWaac
is it made in taiwan?? I have LH corner light from there. it doesnt fit at all
Thank you.

3) It doesn't entirely matter what the freakin bumper is made of. It's also how it is made that counts. That's like: "who cares if you own a Maxima or a Honda Civic, both are cars and made of metal, plastic, and glass."

4) Yeah, exactly. Enough said..."does not fit 100% perfect". No ****. That is why one will always be able to tell that you replaced your bumper and that it's not OEM. I bet you're one of those people who has "home made" red/clear tails, claiming that they look identical to the ones that you can buy. Muahahahahaha don't get me started.

5) OMG, are you going to just keep telling yourself that it looks good? Give it up. There's plenty to complain about. Of course now you really have no choice because after all you are left with a bumper that is crap. OK, fine, it's the best out of all aftermarket bumpers. And.....? Still sucks. It's like saying that you have a Civic Si, the best of all civics. At the end of the day, you're still left with a f**king Civic.

p.s. Wow, that's 0 out of 5 for you. So I guess........

Old 03-05-2005, 05:34 AM

When it comes to body parts, you HAVE to buy them from nissan, unfortunatley......
Old 03-05-2005, 05:52 AM
MaximaDriver

Originally Posted by 1997blackmaxima
When it comes to body parts, you HAVE to buy them from nissan, unfortunatley......
Old 03-05-2005, 07:38 AM
Custom User Title

Maybe the inner structure of the car isn't perfectly lined up since you got into a wreck.. My dad bought 2 fenders and a hood for his 2000 4Runner, these were aftermarket replacements, and all of the parts fit like a glove.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:54 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Armani
You completely missed the point. WTF? Are you kidding me?

1) The bumper can either be Nissan OEM or NOT. If it was me (or anybody else who knows "just enough" about cars) buying your Maxima, then I could tell right away that your bumper is a POS aftermarket. Therefore, leading me to believe you have been in some sort of accident. Whereas OEM you CANNOT tell. END OF STORY.

2) HAHA, "made in Japan as JDM"? lol Your one funny guy. It's not about the bumper being "JDM" as you put it. The point here is that a Japanese bumper, like nearly every other component made there, is solid, strong, and precise. Your aftermarket POS bumper is NOT any of these things. It is most likely made in Taiwan or China.

Thank you.

3) It doesn't entirely matter what the freakin bumper is made of. It's also how it is made that counts. That's like: "who cares if you own a Maxima or a Honda Civic, both are cars and made of metal, plastic, and glass."

4) Yeah, exactly. Enough said..."does not fit 100% perfect". No ****. That is why one will always be able to tell that you replaced your bumper and that it's not OEM. I bet you're one of those people who has "home made" red/clear tails, claiming that they look identical to the ones that you can buy. Muahahahahaha don't get me started.

5) OMG, are you going to just keep telling yourself that it looks good? Give it up. There's plenty to complain about. Of course now you really have no choice because after all you are left with a bumper that is crap. OK, fine, it's the best out of all aftermarket bumpers. And.....? Still sucks. It's like saying that you have a Civic Si, the best of all civics. At the end of the day, you're still left with a f**king Civic.

p.s. Wow, that's 0 out of 5 for you. So I guess........

haha this thread is worthless to be fighting over, you guys really need to calm down. if he likes how it fits, WHO THE F*CK CARES?! you have NEVER seen it, so you cant be bashing on it, for all you know, you would have never noticed it being aftermarket. And he didnt say it was made in taiwan, he said it was made in japan, so whats the quality difference if your saying that everything made in japan is "top-notch"?

oh and btw.. since when was a civic si the best civic!?

oh and btw
Old 03-05-2005, 09:13 AM

simple fix to hold the bumper on just put that bra that njmaxseltd has on!
Old 03-05-2005, 11:40 AM
Armani

Originally Posted by Mr.Duck
haha this thread is worthless to be fighting over, you guys really need to calm down. if he likes how it fits, WHO THE F*CK CARES?! you have NEVER seen it, so you cant be bashing on it, for all you know, you would have never noticed it being aftermarket. And he didnt say it was made in taiwan, he said it was made in japan, so whats the quality difference if your saying that everything made in japan is "top-notch"?

oh and btw.. since when was a civic si the best civic!?

oh and btw
HAHAHAHA. Dude, stop talking out of your a$$
He didn't say his bumper is made in Japan He said it's not a "big deal" that mine was. Learn how to read and interpret people's posts before opening your sorry mouth.

So Mr. "aftermarket stock replacement parts made in Japan" - MUAHAHAHAHA, funny guy you are.
FYI, No OEM aftermarket replacement parts are made in Japan. These are piece of crap things made only in China, Taiwan and other POS-production-wise countries alike. You are so behind.

Old 03-05-2005, 01:37 PM

www.buynissanparts.com sells the front bumper for $157 + shipping.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:48 PM
Armani

Originally Posted by adithius
www.buynissanparts.com sells the front bumper for $157 + shipping.
umm, duh. My was $227 shipped. That is a site run off the same exact engine as the Pinnacle Nissan site. Go and see for yourself. All prices are identical. It may be only $157, but shipping for a bumper is HUUUUUUUUUGE!!

First off, when you buy either from there or Pinnacle, you do NOT know the shipping price until you order. Which kinda sucks. It's not until you actually order the bumper that a shipping charge is added. You can always call and ask I guess. Anyway, my point? The bumper may look small on a car, but it's huge in reality. They want at least $50 or $60 for shipping, depending on where you live. Also, don't forget about tax.