4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

One more question about Exhaust regarding my future mods to my max?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 09:40 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by larryseibel
well...what ever you want to call it doesnt change the fact that a turbo charger is still an exhaust restriction. yes it creates alot more power than it uses but its still not free power. i dont know where you got your info but ask anyone w/ a turbo car or drive one...turbos dont take long to spool up. the advantage of a turbo over a supercharger is that you can make maximum boost at low rpm. a s/c doesnt make maximum boost untill redline. if your cruising at 4000rpm and you nail it, you will make maximum boost immediatly becaus at 4k your car is already making enough exhaust to spin it as fast as it can.

w/out getting into much detail catalytic convertors store elements like oxygen and hydrogen and combine them or remove them from your exhaust gases to make clean air. for example...
hydro carbons are bad...cat can seperate the hydrogen and add oxygen to give you 2 gases that arent bad for the enviroment. namely hydrogen and carbondioxide. same thing applies to nox and carbonmonoxide.
I know many people w/turbos & I've driven some as well. I thought the info I posted was clear enough, but I guess you have to know how **** really works to understand WTF I was saying,+ you need half a brain. Did we not read what I posted?? Or what tslrock514 posted??
Old 03-29-2005, 11:26 AM
Team Ramrod

why would you get a greddy catback exhaust and a magnaflow muffler? that makes no sense... what is wrong with the greddy muffler?
Old 03-29-2005, 11:28 AM
Team Ramrod

Originally Posted by Crooper_Hedder
What mufflers (if any) will add a low growl, rather than a high ricey sound?

I'm pretty much set on a Warpspeed or Budget aluminized Y-pipe, possibly hacking my airbox to replace my OSCAI, and calling it good.
how do you replace your oscai by hacking the airbox?? that doesnt make any sense to me
Old 03-29-2005, 06:40 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by jblinga
I know many people w/turbos & I've driven some as well. I thought the info I posted was clear enough, but I guess you have to know how **** really works to understand WTF I was saying,+ you need half a brain. Did we not read what I posted?? Or what tslrock514 posted??

whats w/ the swearing dude. dont loose your temper...i work on this stuff for a living and have certificates out the buttox to prove it. dont get mad cause it makes sense. in fact...the real argument that jef92se posed is correct...the size of the turbo determines how fast it will spool and i was referring to the vortech for the maxima in general but you are correct that some will hit maximum boost before redline. good point!

rule of thumb: usually the bigger the turbo,the longer it takes to spool up, the more boost you get when it finally does. thats why when he referred to the supra he was referring to a huge aftermarket turbo.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:53 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by larryseibel
whats w/ the swearing dude. dont loose your temper...i work on this stuff for a living and have certificates out the buttox to prove it. dont get mad cause it makes sense. in fact...the real argument that jef92se posed is correct...the size of the turbo determines how fast it will spool and i was referring to the vortech for the maxima in general but you are correct that some will hit maximum boost before redline. good point!

rule of thumb: usually the bigger the turbo,the longer it takes to spool up, the more boost you get when it finally does. thats why when he referred to the supra he was referring to a huge aftermarket turbo.
Obviously!!!
Old 03-29-2005, 08:08 PM

keke this thread rules!