4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

update on axxis ultimates..not squeaking anymore...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 02:56 PM

update on axxis ultimates..not squeaking anymore...

well I was out late last night racing around with my buddy...showing off the power of the max and the new braking system is always fun...well before last night I hadn't really done any HARD breaking because even though I had followed the break in procedure, I figured I would just brake soft for a week or so to make sure the pads and rotors had gotten comfortable with each other...well I was doing some harrrrd braking, and it was stopping pretty nicely...after a few hard brakes you can notice that on the 4th or 5th hard brake, the car becomes a little harder to slow down-my guess is because of all the heat...but other than that pretty good.......I cant believe it and im so happy-the squeaking went away...but they do dust quite a bit...I can live with that though...to anybody with squeaking ultimates...go out when its late and theres not too many people on the road...and freaking brake hard, not hard enough for your abs to go off, but reallllly hard and push your pads to there limits...this morning, drove around a bit, and NO squeaks...any questions about this, just pm me
Old 04-07-2005, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by ThisMaxIsTight
well I was out late last night racing around with my buddy...showing off the power of the max and the new braking system is always fun...well before last night I hadn't really done any HARD breaking because even though I had followed the break in procedure, I figured I would just brake soft for a week or so to make sure the pads and rotors had gotten comfortable with each other...well I was doing some harrrrd braking, and it was stopping pretty nicely...after a few hard brakes you can notice that on the 4th or 5th hard brake, the car becomes a little harder to slow down-my guess is because of all the heat...but other than that pretty good.......I cant believe it and im so happy-the squeaking went away...but they do dust quite a bit...I can live with that though...to anybody with squeaking ultimates...go out when its late and theres not too many people on the road...and freaking brake hard, not hard enough for your abs to go off, but reallllly hard and push your pads to there limits...this morning, drove around a bit, and NO squeaks...any questions about this, just pm me
Nice man, I'm so happy for you! Mine still squeal are nearly-stopped speeds, and they sound like cicadas chirping when I'm braking, but I can't complain about the stopping power, and so far - no dust.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:35 PM

hey maurice yeah the braking power is bad *** isnt it? ....its pretty nice to know we can stop on a dime....so you dont have that much dusting huh?...wish I was that lucky, mines not tooo bad but it does get pretty dusty on certain parts of my rim(stock SE 5 spoke)....theres a tad bit of squeaking rarely....who knows if itll act up again....but like I said earlier, definitely give your brakes a work out and see if it decreases some of the squeaking
Old 04-07-2005, 06:28 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

The squeal will come back, your brakes are just slightly glazed right now, when that goes away the squeal will return.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:33 PM

well we will see....I like to think the squeaking wont come back....come to think of it...I dont think my pads are glazed...there only a week old
Old 04-08-2005, 04:11 AM

is there any way to get rid of this squel besides waht thismaxistight did...cause damn my car squels and its friggin annoying....