4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Headlight and turn signal wiring schematic?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 12:00 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Headlight and turn signal wiring schematic?

Does anyone have the nissan or a really good Headlight and turnsignal wiring diagram/schematic or know of where i can get one?

Ive been trying to get a haynes or chilton manual but im unable to get one? Does anyone know where i can get that in detail. The reason why is because the dude that had the car before me did all kinds of crazy ish to the car. He spliced everything spliceable. The lights in the front of the car are no longer working correctly. He even spliced the fuel pump to power a system he had in the trunk!!!.....
When i went to get my alarm installed i was stuck at the business for 6 hrs because we couldnt find out why the car wouldnt start after about 2 of installing the alarm and 2 hrs of wondering why the car wouldnt start and 2 hrs to find the short/splice to bypass to make the pump go. It added up to 6 hrs at that place. It was unbelievable. But back to the question at hand.

Does anyone have one? He has it hooked up to a relay and then from there to the lights and corners and turn signal. I have no corners no turn signal and no hazards due to the fuse blowing. So i want to re-wire cirectly help me. please.
Old 05-29-2005, 06:32 PM

Ok so i fixed the problem with the turn signals but now the hazard fuse keeps blowing. It wont even blink as soon as i put the fuse in the tray under the driver panel it blows is there another fuse that needs to be replaced? Any ideas?
Old 05-30-2005, 06:11 AM

Bump..... No one can help me with this? No ideas? I Did a search nothings helping me. As soon as i put the fuse in the slot it blows. I cant find the short !!!
Old 05-30-2005, 12:02 PM

So you said that as soon as you turn on your hazard lights, the fuse blows? Alright, it sounds like one of your wires are shorted. I'm not sure if you know much about wiring diagrams, but your short can be anywhere before your light bulb, and even the place where you put in your light bulb can be shorted across. The light bulb is the load and the electricity has to drop over that for the bulb to work. Did you ever find a schematic? If your car is basically the same as mine, I can send you a schematic of my 98se if you could use it.
Old 05-30-2005, 12:09 PM

Another question, do you have the hazards on when you press the button? Do the blinkers work when you switch the blinkers to left and right? (Both lights and indicators?)
Old 05-30-2005, 12:47 PM

And one more thing, which exact fuse is it, a 7.5A(14) or 10A(11)
Old 05-31-2005, 01:30 PM

Thanks for the help. I know its the fuse i was previously having an issue with the blibnkers. I replaced the fuse and its fine now. But now i dont have hazards they went out like a day after the blinkers went. The blinkers blink the brake lights are fine
but the hazards dont light at all even in the console or the button. Everytime i put the fuse in the spot under dash it blows right away. Before it even goes in all the way. What can that be from? Thanks for the help. Atleast someone cares
Old 05-31-2005, 01:41 PM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

Better check the contacts on all of the light bulbs to see if they haven't melted and are touching each other. My electrics went really freaky on me and I found out that I had the wrong bulb types in my tail lights. The contact points on my bulbs had melted and were touching each other which resulted in my front bumper turn lights coming on when I pressed on the brake pedal and the light switch wasn't even turned on. Also the headlights would work but not the corner lights. I certainly blew alot of fuses before discovering the problem.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:39 PM

well when i was working on this i did notice that the right headlight was a little melted and black. But its working whould that cause the hazards to fail?
Old 05-31-2005, 02:43 PM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

Originally Posted by aziphrale
well when i was working on this i did notice that the right headlight was a little melted and black. But its working whould that cause the hazards to fail?
Replace the headlight bulb and see if that helps. Then you can rule out that bulb.