4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Trans-Am Killer MAX

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 03:03 PM
THT
Throbbing member

Originally Posted by FLAVOR_24/7
V8 rear wheel drive, 2 door sports car vs. V6 front wheel drive, 4 door family car.
To me, the Nitrous just evens it out, resulting in the better driver winning.
Jime's car is an auto.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jime
Hey you guys made my day. Thanks.
Thanks.....Yesterday, if someone told me that a Max smoked a Trans Am, I woulda thought that smoke was involved elsewhere in the story....Looks like youve humiliated your share of F-car drivers......not something I can say.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:31 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by THT
Jime's car is an auto.

yes, I already knew that.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by XeroX
exactly hahaa

How many piles of paperwork, lawsuits, and NTSB reports does one need to see to understand the how and why the the American carmakers are in so much trouble? The reason I might just see the American Car industry go the way of MG/Rover in my lifetime isn't based strictly on performance....it is based on three factors. One, My mom owned a 1997 Ford Taurus, and My dad owned the Max (Now my car). In all ten years my old man has owned this car, the most he ever had to pay on a single repair was something of $1,300 on front suspension work. (at 168,000 miles)
In the FOUR years that my mom owned the Taurus (81,400)......we needed

Tie-rod replacement
Extensive brake work
Water pump failure
rear-window failure
Transmission replacement

Two, I know my Max SE will be running long after the new G6's and Ford 500's rust into history ..

Three, GM's only high-performance, 4-place , "affordable" ,refined, and high-quality sports car has to be imported from Austrailia.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:43 PM

Holden (GM Australia) makes the GTO because that's the only rear drive platform (sans Corvette) that they could do something with. I don't mind the GTO, lots of guts and possibly collectable. Well, probably collectable because nobody is buying it. I would have thought tghe baby boomers would have been all over that one...anyway

One of the major problems GM has is that they are a benefits company now. They spend huge amounts of money on retirement benefits. Honestly, I look for a reorganization with Chevy being the only line left, maybe GMC trucks.

GM makes far more money in financing that it does selling cars. Truth be known, I was a GM guy. I know it might sound like I'm bashing them but they have made some terrible decisions.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:20 PM
VIP Maxima

that max is on juice and he is on .org post link to thread on trans am forum. i wanna see what they are saying

Old 07-06-2005, 05:47 PM

I think its funny, ever since fast and furious, everyone refers to nitrous as NOS. hehe, and ill take a japanese car over an american car anyday. my car hasnt had any major problems 126k later. other than o2 sensors, and oil changes, my car is awesome. KS should be going soon though.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:11 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

well NOS can be used universally as the company NOS or NOS as in Nitrous Oxide System.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:14 PM

yeah, or you could just call it nitrous. NOS is the company. ZEX makes a "NOS" kit, but its not called a NOS kit.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:16 PM
brotherhood of tq

i'm glad that you guy have had good experiences with your maximas, and i also hope that your car continues to be good to you guys.

but i am speaking from my own personal experiences with my car and those who have maximas around me. i cant speak for anyone but myself, but this time last summer my car, meccas car and caseys car all had their tranies crap out. we never beat on our cars and i think casey had the most mileage out of all of us with 120k. i only had 89k and my tranny just killed it self. having to replace a tranny, 3 alternators and many other things that have gone wrong with my car i dont see it as relaible as people on this org say it is. many people have hit me on aim to ask me about having to swap out to a 5th gen tranny like i did after their own trannies have crapped out.

i have nothing but love for my car but for someone to say that american cars or domestics are bad as a whole must be speaking from some kind of deep hatred for them or something. i'm on my 2nd nissan and both have had problems which i dont mind since its a machine and things break but i by no means think its better then any of the german or american cars i have owned. nissan for the past couple of surveys i have seen ranks below the industry standard when it comes to reliability, value and customer satisfaction.

i have no problem with maxes or jime beating a v8. i have many vids or maxes in different stages of tune beating many cars. i just dont like it to see someone say bad things about an entire set of cars, be it hondas, vws or chevys.

ohh and guy i didnt take a shot at u personally, i could have sworn that i said something about what you typed. u calling me uneducated wasnt called for. u dont know me and if the org made it a rule to kick people off of it for bad grammer then let sprint begin the removal people who like me relax and type on the pc.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
i'm glad that you guy have had good experiences with your maximas, and i also hope that your car continues to be good to you guys.

but i am speaking from my own personal experiences with my car and those who have maximas around me. i cant speak for anyone but myself, but this time last summer my car, meccas car and caseys car all had their tranies crap out. we never beat on our cars and i think casey had the most mileage out of all of us with 120k. i only had 89k and my tranny just killed it self. having to replace a tranny, 3 alternators and many other things that have gone wrong with my car i dont see it as relaible as people on this org say it is. many people have hit me on aim to ask me about having to swap out to a 5th gen tranny like i did after their own trannies have crapped out.

i have nothing but love for my car but for someone to say that american cars or domestics are bad as a whole must be speaking from some kind of deep hatred for them or something. i'm on my 2nd nissan and both have had problems which i dont mind since its a machine and things break but i by no means think its better then any of the german or american cars i have owned. nissan for the past couple of surveys i have seen ranks below the industry standard when it comes to reliability, value and customer satisfaction.

i have no problem with maxes or jime beating a v8. i have many vids or maxes in different stages of tune beating many cars. i just dont like it to see someone say bad things about an entire set of cars, be it hondas, vws or chevys.

ohh and guy i didnt take a shot at u personally, i could have sworn that i said something about what you typed. u calling me uneducated wasnt called for. u dont know me and if the org made it a rule to kick people off of it for bad grammer then let sprint begin the removal people who like me relax and type on the pc.
IM not saying that ALL domestic cars suck. The 2004-2005 GTO is one of my favorite cars.....so is the Corvette, the V8 W-cars, and many other GM and Ford cars that are obviously competent vehicles...... ITs the business strategy thats the problem....and what im criticising. Its the F()cked-up business plan that almost killed the Corvette in 1997 ....and its the messed-up businees plan that killed all rear-drive development at GM....
Unless they cut and consolidate----to the point where GM has ideally....only Cadillac and Chevrolet plus Pontiac , they will go the way of ROver/MG. Either they die huge and bloated....or live small and lean. From what ive seen...... GM will be in chapter 11 in the next 20 years unless something radical happens....

At least Nissan's gonna be around for a while....was looking kinda hairy in the late 90's...Now THAT was a comeback. You never know.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by f550maranello2
so what the trans am a hell lot better anyways... big deal the max had nos and the trans am didnt... american cars all the way!!!

Why the hell are you on this org if you act like that?
Old 07-06-2005, 10:27 PM
I'm needing a caw

My opinion of domestics comes from my family owning alot of Fords in the past. And the fact that American makers consistently had a whole lot of 100% black dots in many Consumer Report articles.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:42 PM

This is just sad--All this bashing. The second anyone says something about a nissan, everyones all over him like he has no right to voice his opinion. Why is he on the org you ask? Because he has enough sense to seek knowledge. Now his post wasnt the best. The "american cars all the way" talk wasnt necessary. I personally do not like my max asmuch as most people do. Sure I keep her clean and dont let anyone place anything on the paint, but then again that applies to any car I drive. I have numerous performance parts. Imo it handles like crap. I've done several suspension upgrades and I still dont have much good to say about it. Power is nice, but I expected some more. Its a little torquey, but hp is sometimes embarassing. Truth is I'd take my mx6 in new condition over a new max. ZE swap and voila, I'm @ 200 horses that pull like they should. Anyway, I dont know how I typed this much, but this is all my personal opinion. I'm entitled to it as you are. I'm not complaining so much as I am dissapointed.

As far as the LT1 vs max are concerned, it a little hard to swallow. I guess the man Jime knows his stuff. Props to him. But people, stop kissing his sas with every post.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:52 PM
I'm needing a caw

With the VQ30, no engine swap is needed. In fact, with a few bolt ons, people have been dynoing at over 200hp at the WHEELS.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:50 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by eckohb
yeah, or you could just call it nitrous. NOS is the company. ZEX makes a "NOS" kit, but its not called a NOS kit.
its something everybody says, more people will say "NOS" than "nitrous," also, more people would use the word "dremel" not knowing that DREMEL is a brand name while the actual tool is called a "rotary tool."
Old 07-07-2005, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by maximazation
its something everybody says, more people will say "NOS" than "nitrous," also, more people would use the word "dremel" not knowing that DREMEL is a brand name while the actual tool is called a "rotary tool."
tru dat tru dat sorry, never used that smiley before, figured it fit here
Old 07-07-2005, 02:25 AM

If you are unhappy with your maxima, then sell it. Someone from here would love to have her and build her up and be able to whoop some serious butt, even your MX6. You obviously haven't been reading in the "all motor" forum. Maximas have a lot of good potential, it just takes knowledge and money to make it come true. Everyone's priorities are different. Since you think so lowly of your max, it probably doesn't matter to you what others where able to accomplish with their Maximas. Perhaps, you already made up your mind that your maxima sucks and there's nothing you can do about it after a few attempts. You said that the power is nice but sometimes embarrassing, how regular do you maintain your car? As cars get older, performance tend to go down as well because of worn components. They will need more maintenance than newer cars.

Originally Posted by Harmony
I personally do not like my max asmuch as most people do...I'm not complaining so much as I am dissapointed.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:57 AM

Well Well Mx Peeps I Love Muscle Cars. But Usa Needs To Step Up My Boy Has 460,000 400,000 Before He Cracked The Head And Needed An Engine Swap. He Could Have Kept The Engine But He Would Have Had To Change Piston Springs And A Few More Thing So He Got A 30,000 Mile Motor. My Point Is When U Hear A Mustang Com By Nothing Sounds Sweeter But 400,000 Miles You Will Not See That With Out Two Over Hauls. One More Thing Heads Up Is Heads Up Run What U Got They Did And The Ta Lost The Max Weights Less Than The Ta Even If It Has Four Doors. One More Thing Soon U Will Not Know What Is Rice And What Is American Pie Because They All Own Each Other Toyota And Gm, Ford And Mazda, Dodge And One German For Now U Know Gm Own Saab U Should Get The Point. I Love My Max I Will Be Racing A 4.6 Soon For Fun On The Weekend I Have The World In My Hands