4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Quick question about O/D and other stuff

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Quick question about O/D and other stuff

yesterday..i was messing around with the the o/d button. seeing what its like dropping 4th into 3rd and whatever..my CEL came on. am freaking out cuz i just found out why my car wouldn't start (plus i just redid my alarm beep, put the mesh grille and valences in the car and 9004-9007 conversion; including bright clear corners!!!) well i checked it and it was the front right heated o2 sensors. i read somewhere that you should reset it and wait for it to comeback. well it hasn't comeback. yeah..yeah..yeah, "i shouldn't worry." but is this normal??? would the o/d do this???

by the way...so am at this little place they call Tampa Grand Prix. its a go-cart and arcade place. i lock my car and my alarm does the siren beep. a cop happens to be standing by a tree where i didn't see him and tells me i have to take that off my car right then /there. asked why and he tells me that i can't have anything that resembles an alarm. i had to go inside..ask the cashier for scissors and cut the siren off. i hate cops. i didn't even have a "siren." i bought the damn buzzer @ Radio Shack. so i just had to put in a new alarm. its even louder than a siren. but it just goes "beep boop."
and of course...it gets worse

while me and my gf are leaving this place i get pulled over just barely getting out of the parking lot. different cop. he tells me that my headlights are too bright or the wrong color or something. i was freakin out. i must of had a target on my car. but i show him the case they came in and pointed out "100% Street Legal." yeah..i puffed up my chest a bit. he then tells me i need to reaim them. i knew i had to but my driveway is on a steep incline. i can't do it @ my house so i was going to wait. but that was my night. cops
Old 09-04-2005, 02:38 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

O/D button has nothing to do with your O2 sensor. I hate cops.