4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Night of racing with the Max boys

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2001, 11:00 PM

I went to meet my brother(Max2000JP) and our friend(BriguyMax) at the riverwalk in suburban Chicago. When I arrive there they aren't there yet. Finally they arrive at the Walgreen's parking lot where they have at least 5 Acura integras and a 97 240sx following them. So we talk in the parking lot for a few minutes and then we are off to a neaby industrial park. On the way there i was toying with one of the older Acuras which was just slow. When we get to the park we go behind a warehouse to the laoding/shipping area where there are more integras. It is about 1/8 mile long and very wide. First up Brian calls out the fastest car of the bunch an Acura Integra GSR. So they line up and Brian gets a lot of wheel hop and way too much tire spin and stll is within a car lenght at the end of the race. When Brian shifted into 3rd he was pulling pretty fast. Next Brain races the guy in the 240sx with just exhaust and intake and just blows his doors off. Brian asked the guy in the GSR for a re-match but he wouldn't even give him the time of day because he knew he would lose. On the way home some guy in a stock Civic SI tried to race Brian and I and we just spnaked him right after each other. We have these kids phone #'s so we are gonna get the GSR. I am sure Brian will post about this later on.
Old 05-28-2001, 08:21 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Is your car an auto or a manual? I haven't really gotten to run a Civic SI yet. Just wondering how I would do.. =)

ZuM

Originally posted by CHI99Limited
I went to meet my brother(Max2000JP) and our friend(BriguyMax) at the riverwalk in suburban Chicago. When I arrive there they aren't there yet. Finally they arrive at the Walgreen's parking lot where they have at least 5 Acura integras and a 97 240sx following them. So we talk in the parking lot for a few minutes and then we are off to a neaby industrial park. On the way there i was toying with one of the older Acuras which was just slow. When we get to the park we go behind a warehouse to the laoding/shipping area where there are more integras. It is about 1/8 mile long and very wide. First up Brian calls out the fastest car of the bunch an Acura Integra GSR. So they line up and Brian gets a lot of wheel hop and way too much tire spin and stll is within a car lenght at the end of the race. When Brian shifted into 3rd he was pulling pretty fast. Next Brain races the guy in the 240sx with just exhaust and intake and just blows his doors off. Brian asked the guy in the GSR for a re-match but he wouldn't even give him the time of day because he knew he would lose. On the way home some guy in a stock Civic SI tried to race Brian and I and we just spnaked him right after each other. We have these kids phone #'s so we are gonna get the GSR. I am sure Brian will post about this later on.
Old 05-28-2001, 09:12 AM

Originally posted by ZuMBLe
Is your car an auto or a manual? I haven't really gotten to run a Civic SI yet. Just wondering how I would do.. =)

ZuM

His car is auto...and yes you would spank an Si
Old 05-28-2001, 11:57 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

ZuM

Zum, you shouldn't have any trouble with the SI. I have an auto too. Unless the SI is highly modified, you will beat it. If you want more of closer challenge, take on the GSR. I think it's even with an auto Maxima. Depends on the driver of the GSR and what mods he/she has. If you have a 5spd. though, you won't have any problems with them. For us auto, can you say Don's VB?
Old 05-28-2001, 01:08 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Them B-Series Honda engines just scare me. Along with the GT-S engine in the celica. You whoop them to 60 and they start to walk you after 90. I'm traumatized I guess. Raced my friend's GSR with I/E when I only had intake. I had a car on him from 70-100.. Then he walked me after 100.. =( I need to find me a SI to race. And yes, I can say VB mod. I'm in on the group deal. =) Can't wait!! Muahahh!!!! Whats the fastest you've run?

ZuM

Originally posted by Cumalot

Zum, you shouldn't have any trouble with the SI. I have an auto too. Unless the SI is highly modified, you will beat it. If you want more of closer challenge, take on the GSR. I think it's even with an auto Maxima. Depends on the driver of the GSR and what mods he/she has. If you have a 5spd. though, you won't have any problems with them. For us auto, can you say Don's VB?
Old 05-28-2001, 05:18 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Them B-Series Honda engines just scare me. Along with the GT-S engine in the celica. You whoop them to 60 and they start to walk you after 90. I'm traumatized I guess. Raced my friend's GSR with I/E when I only had intake. I had a car on him from 70-100.. Then he walked me after 100.. =( I need to find me a SI to race. And yes, I can say VB mod. I'm in on the group deal. =) Can't wait!! Muahahh!!!! Whats the fastest you've run?

ZuM

I have yet to run my car at the track, so I don't know what is my time. I don't race very often, so it doesn't really matter to me.

I agree with you a GSR has a very good highway punch, from 80 and on. When I raced that GSR, I only had a CAI, and we only ran it up to about 60mph. If we took it higher, I think he would have beat me. However, now that I have a y-pipe, it makes a big difference. Btw, I'm in on the VB deal too.
Old 05-29-2001, 06:38 AM

Hey was this in Naperville?????

Where exactly was this industrial park??? Sounds like fun.
Old 05-29-2001, 08:10 AM

Awwww Fellow Chi Town Max's

Well it's good to see you guys around I spoke on here with BriGuy...but nothing like a bunch of enthusiast to help me with my stock 4th gen....well hope u guys are only a email away cause im gonna need all the help I could get..im not crazy but I just been driving the car stock to get use to the five speed thing considering I learned to drive it on my way home...but clear corner and David L hook up CAI im sure you guys could all help me out for a six pack on me or 24pack who cares...I don't drink beer really so it's all for you...O yeah the Y pipe also..tired of the stock look..im too young for that
Old 05-29-2001, 09:01 AM

Re: Awwww Fellow Chi Town Max's

Originally posted by RICOiz704
Well it's good to see you guys around I spoke on here with BriGuy...but nothing like a bunch of enthusiast to help me with my stock 4th gen....well hope u guys are only a email away cause im gonna need all the help I could get..im not crazy but I just been driving the car stock to get use to the five speed thing considering I learned to drive it on my way home...but clear corner and David L hook up CAI im sure you guys could all help me out for a six pack on me or 24pack who cares...I don't drink beer really so it's all for you...O yeah the Y pipe also..tired of the stock look..im too young for that
Yes Steve we met these kids in Naperville at the riverwalk. I spotted a Silver 97-99 max there with TSW rims and a stillen body kit, license MYRICK 5. Steve if you want to meet up with us one night give me an email. The industrial park was a few miles west of 59 right by a mejyer supermarket.