4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

bad experiencewith procarparts (long)

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2001, 07:42 AM

i bought the nissan intake from procarparts i was told that it would fit the Maxima. At first every thing seamed to be ok. I ordered the intake on wed and received it on Friday I opened it and it looked good. Well yesterday I took the stock airbox out and began to install my 40-dollar to good to be true intake. The adapter was way off. It totally did not fit. I called procarparts and explained to them my situation they tried to tell me I must have ordered the wrong one I said really well how many Nissan intakes to you sell? I was told at least 150, well that made me laugh because I don't think they sell that many intakes for all cars let alone Nissans. After getting the run around on the phone I finally was told that I can return the item but I would have to pay for shipping fees and a 20% restocking fee. This aggravated me more why should I have to waste my time and money for their mistake. I argued with them then and got the restocking fee waived and took down my return authorization number. After that I decided that it was more aggravation then it was worth to send the intake back. I decided I would make this one work, I lined up the adapter and took a felt tip pen and dotted the adapter so I could see where exactly the holes had to be. I drilled them out and everything lined up perfect after that. I put it together and went for a test run. I did not feel any noticeable difference in power but it was well worth it for the sound. In the end I learned a lesson not to buy cheap parts. Next time when I want to save money I will wait for a group buy. …louis