4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

*** REPEAT POST *** KYB AGX Part Number Question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2001, 11:13 AM

I did a search on KYB and AGX and couldn't find it. I do remember someone posted the strut part numbers for the 4th Gen Maxima that they recieved when they called KYB, but I can't seem to find it.

If you posted this before, sorry about asking again, but can you please let me know what the part number is again for the fronts and rears for the Max? Thanks.

I put repeat post on the top so if you don't like reading repetitive posts, you can go ahead and skip this thread without even clicking on it.

Thanks.

-V
Old 06-05-2001, 11:20 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Originally posted by vmok
I did a search on KYB and AGX and couldn't find it. I do remember someone posted the strut part numbers for the 4th Gen Maxima that they recieved when they called KYB, but I can't seem to find it.

If you posted this before, sorry about asking again, but can you please let me know what the part number is again for the fronts and rears for the Max? Thanks.

I put repeat post on the top so if you don't like reading repetitive posts, you can go ahead and skip this thread without even clicking on it.

Thanks.

-V
Results from search for "part number" in this forum only yielded this post:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ber#post328076

I did have to try 4 or 5 searches, but finally found it.

I'll update this in the sticky post......
Old 06-05-2001, 11:27 AM

Still Need Part Number...

Originally posted by bill99gxe

Results from search for "part number" in this forum only yielded this post:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ber#post328076

I did have to try 4 or 5 searches, but finally found it.

I'll update this in the sticky post......
thanks. didn't think of using 'part number' because it seemed like such a vague search! just outta curiosity, why wouldn't searches for 'kyb' 'agx' 'kyb or agx' 'kyb and agx' work? just wondering how to maximize use of the search engine 'cuz I did know that this was posted before.

also, the link you gave above wasn't the thread I was looking for. it does NOT list the part number for the KYB AGX struts that someone had listed. it lists the part numbers for the regular KYB struts. I remember someone had posted these because they had called KYB and KYB told them several more months. Everybody on the forum gave them a hard time and doubted them, so they got a part number from KYB and everybody was wowed.

Thanks.

-V
Old 06-05-2001, 11:47 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Re: Still Need Part Number...

Originally posted by vmok

thanks. didn't think of using 'part number' because it seemed like such a vague search! just outta curiosity, why wouldn't searches for 'kyb' 'agx' 'kyb or agx' 'kyb and agx' work? just wondering how to maximize use of the search engine 'cuz I did know that this was posted before.

also, the link you gave above wasn't the thread I was looking for. it does NOT list the part number for the KYB AGX struts that someone had listed. it lists the part numbers for the regular KYB struts. I remember someone had posted these because they had called KYB and KYB told them several more months. Everybody on the forum gave them a hard time and doubted them, so they got a part number from KYB and everybody was wowed.

Thanks.

-V
The search is VERY fickle about acronyms, which I don't understand. Sometimes you have to generalize if you're sure the info is relatively new.

Yep, I jumped the gun on that post because of the "backordered until August remark" and didn't thoroughly read the post. Oh dear, I made a mistake. Hopefully it won't cost me moderating privileges.....

I'll keep digging to see if I can find it....
Old 06-05-2001, 11:54 AM

Re: Re: Still Need Part Number...

Originally posted by bill99gxe

The search is VERY fickle about acronyms, which I don't understand. Sometimes you have to generalize if you're sure the info is relatively new.

Yep, I jumped the gun on that post because of the "backordered until August remark" and didn't thoroughly read the post. Oh dear, I made a mistake. Hopefully it won't cost me moderating privileges.....

I'll keep digging to see if I can find it....
thanks though, any help is better than no help! I'll keep looking too... until then, hopefully the person who posted it can post again.

-V