4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Mustang GT's...hahahaha

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2001, 02:50 PM
I'm needing a caw

Naw, I'm on the West coast. Let me repeat.."I have a 190hp 1992 maxima" LOL. I will defend it up and down but damn, it's a 3000lb+ 4-door family car! I like for what it does, relatively fast, handles okay, good build quality and massive amounts of room inside.

To be very honest, if I wanted a drag car, I probably wouldn't use a fwd as a platform. And I definately wouldn't use a maxima if fwd was mandatory. There are too many other cars available for that kind of stuff. I would like to take the ol' beast to the track for **** and grins. Hell if I could break get into a 14 sec time, that would be good! haha.

Originally posted by Ghost Ryder
I hear ya... Little mods here and there are ok.. the rest.. expensive weight to slow you up.. thats my 2 cents..

Do you ever run in the Detroit Iron VS Hi Tech Imports at
E-town..
Old 06-08-2001, 02:51 PM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Unfortunately, these types of posts are the exception and not the norm. I wish it could be the other way around.
I weep as a respresentative of .org.

I wish for many things......*sigh*
Old 06-08-2001, 02:54 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Good job!!!!
Old 06-08-2001, 03:23 PM
NASTY93

I believe people have the right to do whatever they like to the cars they own, even you people. The Chevy and Mopar guys I understand, but your kind is a mystery to me...could you answer some questions?

1. Why do you import types list tailights, tinted glass and pedal covers as modifications? Why no engine / drivetrain mods?

2. How many of you are age 17 to 20 and are in fact driving your parents old Maxima?

3. Why would you believe that Japan's premier luxury family car is in the same league with Mustangs, Camaros and Grand Nationals performance wise?

4. Tell me the truth, you dont honestly think those fart pipes you guys stick on your 1" factory tailpipes improves performance or that the "bumble bee sound" screams "performance car", do you?

5. Stickers? why? we have performance upgrades and dont feel the need to advertise...why would you junk up your car like that?

6. Why do you guys blast rap music while cruising, don't any import owners listen to rock?

7. Those ugly windshield banners, with a stereo manufacturer or your vehicle's manufacturer or a big red "R"....how the hell do you guys see traffic lights at the intersection...and oh ya, WHY?

I've raced Maximas at the track and they do well for a Jap family car, and their owners are often thrilled with their 16 second dial in. I guess I'm proud to drive a car that you people obviously use as a barometer to measure how fast your Japanese luxury car is - thanks!

By the way, not all Mustangs with dual exhaust are V8's. So next time you pass a 'stang make sure you didn't just wax some poor V6 guy.

Old 06-08-2001, 03:44 PM
I'm needing a caw

"""I believe people have the right to do whatever they like to the cars they own, even you people. The Chevy and Mopar guys I understand, but your kind is a mystery to me...could you answer some questions?"""

Why are you so different then the other Big 3??

""1. Why do you import types list tailights, tinted glass and pedal covers as modifications? Why no engine / drivetrain mods?"""

Look closely, do you see any such mods on my sig??

""2. How many of you are age 17 to 20 and are in fact driving your parents old Maxima?""

About the same number as 17-20 year old kids borrowing their old man's Mustang.

"""3. Why would you believe that Japan's premier luxury family car is in the same league with Mustangs, Camaros and Grand Nationals performance wise?"""

Exactly where does it say we do?? How come you can't read the rest of the thread. Where does say ANYTHING LIKE THAT? And for clarification, I think the Lexus LS430 and Infiniti Q45 is the premier family car. You mean the new Infiniti's Q45 is cannot beat some of your cars? Hell a 190hp 4-gen maxima is faster than some of your 5.0 Mustangs. How fast were the early 5.0's again??

""4. Tell me the truth, you dont honestly think those fart pipes you guys stick on your 1" factory tailpipes improves performance or that the "bumble bee sound" screams "performance car", do you?"""

I don't have any. Who told you that??

""5. Stickers? why? we have performance upgrades and dont feel the need to advertise...why would you junk up your car like that?""

I feel absolutely no need. I don't have any. But I see mustangs around here that do. Go ask them the same question.

""6. Why do you guys blast rap music while cruising, don't any import owners listen to rock?""

I like all kinds of music. What is so great about rock? If you haven't done your homework, rock is originates from the same people that originated rap. Afro-Americans. Maybe you should step out of the mid-80's huh??

""7. Those ugly windshield banners, with a stereo manufacturer or your vehicle's manufacturer or a big red "R"....how the hell do you guys see traffic lights at the intersection...and oh ya, WHY?""

Maybe I should ask you the same about gun racks and huge blue oval stickers. How much hp does that National drag car association sticker add again??

"""I've raced Maximas at the track and they do well for a Jap family car, and their owners are often thrilled with their 16 second dial in. I guess I'm proud to drive a car that you people obviously use as a barometer to measure how fast your Japanese luxury car is - thanks!"""

I have never raced a older Mustang. Usually becuase it's rare to find one that's still running after 8 years. A well driven 4-gen maxima can run a high 14 stock and mid-14 modded. That's w/o nos and supercharging. I thrilled you came here to tell us about your redneck hick hillbilly bob glorified Fairmont. I have seen fast Japanese luxury cars, but I've never seen American and luxury in the same sentence. I guess they can't chew gum and hop on one foot at the same time huh?

This thread was going well untill you showed up. Maybe you should take your fellow mustanger's advice and "know thy enemy" Becuase you really don't know squat.

You see the difference between you and me is that you guys keep coming here and feel a need to defend your car. Me on the other hand, could'nt give a flying crapola about your Mustang. If I had wanted one, I could have bought one. Get it??

"""By the way, not all Mustangs with dual exhaust are V8's. So next time you pass a 'stang make sure you didn't just wax some poor V6 guy"""

Well email the idiots and tell them not to rice up their damn cars!! It's not our fault they can't take your advice. Okay if I do, I'll stop and ask him to open the hood okay??
Old 06-08-2001, 03:45 PM

Originally posted by NASTY93
I believe people have the right to do whatever they like to the cars they own, even you people. The Chevy and Mopar guys I understand, but your kind is a mystery to me...could you answer some questions?

1. Why do you import types list tailights, tinted glass and pedal covers as modifications? Why no engine / drivetrain mods?

2. How many of you are age 17 to 20 and are in fact driving your parents old Maxima?

3. Why would you believe that Japan's premier luxury family car is in the same league with Mustangs, Camaros and Grand Nationals performance wise?

4. Tell me the truth, you dont honestly think those fart pipes you guys stick on your 1" factory tailpipes improves performance or that the "bumble bee sound" screams "performance car", do you?

5. Stickers? why? we have performance upgrades and dont feel the need to advertise...why would you junk up your car like that?

6. Why do you guys blast rap music while cruising, don't any import owners listen to rock?

7. Those ugly windshield banners, with a stereo manufacturer or your vehicle's manufacturer or a big red "R"....how the hell do you guys see traffic lights at the intersection...and oh ya, WHY?

I've raced Maximas at the track and they do well for a Jap family car, and their owners are often thrilled with their 16 second dial in. I guess I'm proud to drive a car that you people obviously use as a barometer to measure how fast your Japanese luxury car is - thanks!

By the way, not all Mustangs with dual exhaust are V8's. So next time you pass a 'stang make sure you didn't just wax some poor V6 guy.
You know we really dont want to hear all of you sh*t. If you would actually think about it, we list the things that we have added from stock, who said everything we list has to be considered a "mod". BTW, do you really think that your old 5.0 is that fast, considering that most of us here can beat one probley 50% of the time. You need to do a little more research before you come in here saying all of this nonsense..........damn rustangs just dont understand
Old 06-08-2001, 03:59 PM
PerfRed99GT

My last word.

I'll race just about anybody. It's called respect. One night at the track I was racing a stripped out Civic. I bogged off the line and almost lost in front of a crowd. He ran something like a 14.5x to my 13.9x, yeah that's .6 but it was door hand to door handle till the 1000 foot mark. Hell, here's the race.

http://cx681345-c.vbch1.va.home.com/.../quickrice.mpg

I also have C5's and other high dollar cars ignore me all the time. That Turbo 911 didn't and learned some respect. I know there are fast cars of all kinds and you'll never know until you try. Some folks simply don't street race.

I also used to own a 93 SHO. Back then I found the Maxima to be a very good match for it. It ran mid 15's as an auto.

While I'm cutting and pasting links. Here's my 99GT 5 speed running 14.009.99.08 brand new.

http://cx681345-c.vbch1.va.home.com/Mustangs/vette.avi
here's a solo run that was a 14.0x. Very first run ever. Notice a good amount of wheelspin then bogging I was getting. I'm by no means a great driver. A better driver would have had that car into 13's bone stock.

http://cx681345-c.vbch1.va.home.com/...gs/clipped.avi

here are the timeslips for that day.
ftp://cx681345-c.vbch1.va.home.com/p...ip11-13-99.jpg

The third run I thought I had heard some spark knock so I let out and still ran a 14.4. I was running 87 octane at the time.

And one just for the fun of it. This was my first run at the track with the blower. That's a brand new Lightning in the far lane. It was bone stock and ran in the 13.9x's. I go to the track that's why I know that anything can be quick.

http://cx681345-c.vbch1.va.home.com/...ark_13_24.mpeg
Later that evening I ran the 12.99. But alas nobody taped it.

Thanks for forum and your time.

Ed

Old 06-08-2001, 03:59 PM

a modification is someing added to a stock car. look closer, some of us to have performance mods too...

im 17 and i own my maxima, its under my name

we've beaten them in straight lines...some of them...

as a matter of fact, the catbacks that we do use are bigger than 1"; anyways, does it matter how big it is? we're still able to take V6 mustangs and camaros with ease...

we have our own opinions. ive seen mustangs and old trans ams with dynamax and other stickers too... go ask them!

yup, cant handle our bass? hehe

same to you people with the huge NHRA stickers and USA PERFORMANCE or what ever banners there are for your domestics...
Old 06-08-2001, 04:34 PM
RacinHo

Originally posted by NASTY93
[B]I believe people have the right to do whatever they like to the cars they own, even you people. The Chevy and Mopar guys I understand, but your kind is a mystery to me...could you answer some questions?
You just answered your own question. Because they want to.

Some Mustang drivers do the same. A cosmetic mod is exactly that, a mod.

Well, if a parent gives his teenage kid a mid 90s Maxima, then that just tells me that they are probably above middle class, lives in a nice neighborhood and college educated. Just like how a redneck parent would hand down their $1000 '87 Mustang to their kid.

I don't think many of them believe this. And the Maxima is not Japan's premier luxury family car. What gave you this idea? They've got 300+ HP Lexus that will beat Mustangs stock for stock.

If it increases power by 1-6 hp, then it just proved your statement wrong.

There are plenty of Mustangs with performance stickers. Not to mention those giant horse decals on the rear hatch glass or on the side doors.

Depends on what neighborhood you're in mostly. There are Mustangs blasting that rap crap just the same.

Same question to the big Ford banner or the giant horse decal on the backglass.

Sorry, the barometer has been raised a bit to the LS1 Fbodies. Go to the LS1 forum. They think Mustangs are slow and a waste of money. While the Supra forum considers that racing vs. Mustangs is a waste of gas. Sound familiar?

Which leads to another question. Why would anyone buy such a slow and heavy car that performs horribly in the rain or snow, such as a V6 Mustang? Or why would anyone buy a V8 Mustang for that matter when the Chevy dealer is next door and can offer for the same price, a 300-310rwhp Z/28 with 6spd and gets 28-32mpg on the highway? 310rwhp, why that's about 350+ fwhp. Why would anyone buy such a slow Mustang when they can own an LS1 Z/28?

Old 06-08-2001, 06:38 PM
PerfRed99GT

Originally posted by RacinHo

Which leads to another question. Why would anyone buy such a slow and heavy car that performs horribly in the rain or snow, such as a V6 Mustang? Or why would anyone buy a V8 Mustang for that matter when the Chevy dealer is next door and can offer for the same price, a 300-310rwhp Z/28 with 6spd and gets 28-32mpg on the highway? 310rwhp, why that's about 350+ fwhp. Why would anyone buy such a slow Mustang when they can own an LS1 Z/28?
Go here http://www.corral.net/forums and enter the lounge and ask that question. Asking that here doesn't make any sense.

Ed

Old 06-08-2001, 07:10 PM

Listen, Im sick of this bs. If I wanted to buy a ragged out pos car, that has terrible reliablity, that is cheaply made from the inside out, and wanted just a car that was purely made to haula@@ down a straight line and waste lots of gas, I would have bought a mustang(America's icon of white trash). Oh wait, did I say a car that haul's a@@? Nevermind, I would get a GM pony car. Well anyway, the point is, I am 17, and I bought a maxima with my own money, because I want a car that looks good, has good performance for what it is, and will be with me when I'm done with college.
Old 06-08-2001, 08:11 PM
GlennSullivan

Beating Mustangs

Ya Know Maxima's are really good sedans, but lets not get carried away. Any one of you guys want to race either one of my Mustangs, you let me know where and when. Oh, by the way, bring some cash, lessons are not well learned unless thay cost you something.

Glenn

Old 06-08-2001, 08:20 PM

Re: Beating Mustangs

Originally posted by GlennSullivan
Ya Know Maxima's are really good sedans, but lets not get carried away. Any one of you guys want to race either one of my Mustangs, you let me know where and when. Oh, by the way, bring some cash, lessons are not well learned unless thay cost you something.

Glenn
yeah.. why dont we all go the the civic boards and announce that too, i minus well do that. may i ask what the point of your post was? as most of us do know, cobras are quite faster that GTs, therefore, we leave them alone, although they are still as non-reliable as GTs are. making that post makes you seem like a cocky bastard with no life bein a post *****. go away ... ur stupid

if you really wanna race. my cousin just supercharged his 4dr M3 running in the mid 11s off the bottle. race that sedan for some cash, got the guts? he's in houston texas and will go to HRP to race if your up for it...
Old 06-08-2001, 08:24 PM
PerfRed99GT

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Unfortunately, these types of posts are the exception and not the norm. I wish it could be the other way around.
I see that your right. Sorry I tired to share the "other side" of an opinion. The minds hear are quite narrow.

Ed

Old 06-08-2001, 08:28 PM

See the thing is, any car can be made to go fast these days. Being able to smoke someone doesn't mean a whole lot. Horses=money. If you got money, you can make anything fast. Proving that your cobra can smoke me means nothing at all. I could have easily bought a Z28 or GT for the price I paid for my max. But for a 17yr. old, I'm pretty smart and I made a wise choice buying the car I did. I didnt want to buy a car that is known for having problems, especially since Im going to college soon.
Old 06-08-2001, 08:44 PM

Originally posted by bmxsteve
See the thing is, any car can be made to go fast these days. Being able to smoke someone doesn't mean a whole lot. Horses=money. If you got money, you can make anything fast. Proving that your cobra can smoke me means nothing at all. I could have easily bought a Z28 or GT for the price I paid for my max. But for a 17yr. old, I'm pretty smart and I made a wise choice buying the car I did. I didnt want to buy a car that is known for having problems, especially since Im going to college soon.
well said! i am in the exact same position as a 17 year old too.
Old 06-08-2001, 08:53 PM

Re: Beating Mustangs

Originally posted by GlennSullivan
Glenn
You're a lucky guy... when one cobra breaks down, you still got the other one... this way you always have one good car to drive... if you want to look at it another way: you have one good mustang and a parts car to keep the first reliable. If all mustang owners thought as smart as you then I wouldn't see so many mustangs up on cider blocks next to trailers.
Old 06-08-2001, 09:06 PM

haha, man that was harsh I guess he was asking for that one. The number one white trash mobile.
Old 06-08-2001, 09:21 PM

ehhh - the max is a good car for what it is, but i still dont know why all the mustangs by me disappear when i go full throttle through the twisties

i think you mustang guys are ****y because you know camaro's are better than stangs.

edited - WTF you cant say Pis$y ..... thats weak, fart cannons and altezza lights are restricted to Imports? ... i could have sworn ive seen tons of Rustangs with Altezza styled tail lights.....

dont get me wrong a stang is a great car for quarter mile .. cheap and easy to get power for it..... but its the corners and handling that im into ......

how streetable is a 9 second Mustang, especially when gas prices keep goin up
Old 06-08-2001, 10:22 PM

C'mon guys.....

Yes I use the GT as a benchmark for my car because a stock GT is a car that I can make my car perform with.
Maximas are great car, I'd rather own a max than a mustang, but for a sports car that will hand a maxima its behind go and buy an 89 LX 5.0 5sp for $3500 throw some springs and struts on it, add headers, cat back, gears and filter on it, and you got a car that can run with any of our maximas here with the exception of Don's(yes, even the s/c ones) for $5000. I really don't see a point in knocking mustangs in general, I used to have an 86 and it was very reliable. I'll run any mustang except the 99+ and cobras, and half the time I can get them, the other times they have a 5 sp.....

I like my car and I think that it is far more unique to see a fast maxima than a fast ford so thats why I try to make my car a wee bit faster, and maybe I'll surprise some people.
Old 06-08-2001, 10:27 PM

Originally posted by Czar
C'mon guys.....

Yes I use the GT as a benchmark for my car because a stock GT is a car that I can make my car perform with.
Maximas are great car, I'd rather own a max than a mustang, but for a sports car that will hand a maxima its behind go and buy an 89 LX 5.0 5sp for $3500 throw some springs and struts on it, add headers, cat back, gears and filter on it, and you got a car that can run with any of our maximas here with the exception of Don's(yes, even the s/c ones) for $5000. I really don't see a point in knocking mustangs in general, I used to have an 86 and it was very reliable. I'll run any mustang except the 99+ and cobras, and half the time I can get them, the other times they have a 5 sp.....

I like my car and I think that it is far more unique to see a fast maxima than a fast ford so thats why I try to make my car a wee bit faster, and maybe I'll surprise some people.
well said... but at the same time... you can buy a 1984 300ZX turbo and boost it up to 20psi and run a 12.8 total investment $2,200. not bad, you'll kill the car, but who cares at that cost
Old 06-08-2001, 10:33 PM
crownvic96

Originally posted by Stillnmax

all i'm gonna say about this is look up Lee Bender of C&L performance, he had a 9 sec stang that was "street legal" he has a 10.xxx supercharged Fox body GT that his WIFE drives to work.

Old 06-08-2001, 11:46 PM

I think you all are wack.
Old 06-09-2001, 12:16 AM

Originally posted by Kyle7475
I think you all are wack.
what a good post
Old 06-09-2001, 12:34 AM
EZ

Pick on somebody your own size!!!

....Oh wait, I'm sorry. I forgot that the Camaro's rip you a new hole every time you race But don't fret, you still have Honduh's to pick on
Old 06-09-2001, 12:35 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

All I'm reading is posts by many ignorant dip****s on both sides.

Listen up. I'm gonna break out the hard truth. For the Mustangs:

1) 87-93 5.0s are very capable of mid 14s (some low 14s-LX notchbacks), 96-98s the upper 14s are typical, 99+ low 14s are the norm, 96+ Cobras upper 13s

2) Mustangs aren't POS. They aren't up to Maxima quality, but Ford didn't have that in mind. They aren't as bad as every makes them out to be. I'm pretty sure about 90% of Maxima owners have never driven one so they don't understand, instead they talk out of their ***.

3) Most Mustang drivers can't drive and that can be said for ANY car on the road. PERIOD!!! Most owners don't know the first thing about Mustangs other than they've got a V8.

For the Maximas:

1) Most Maximas are relatively slow because only 5% in the US have manual trannies. 92+ manual Maximas are very capable of low 15s stock.

2) Most Maxima drives don't race at the track, but the ones that do race, do pretty good. I'm running 14.7s@94mph with very weak 2.25+ 60 foots. I consider that extremely good for a NA V6 sedan with no drag radials or "rice" gutting of the car. "if" I could pull off a 2.0 60', I don't see why I couldn't be in the 14.3-14.4 range.

3) Maximas ARE built better, but thats to be expected. It is Nissan's flagship model.

I've modded and driven LOTS of 5.0s and have personally driven them at the track. I love them and nothing sounds better than a healthy 5.0. I'd also love to have a 98 Cobra. BUT, I love my Maxima and I have have shown WAY TOO MANY 5.0 and 4.6 Mustangs taillights on and off the track. I have also been completely obliterated by stock appearing Mustangs that were driven perfectly and/or had some healthy mods. Simply put, don't be so damn ignorant. Respect the other driver and the car. We're all interested in the same thing.

Dave
Old 06-09-2001, 05:50 AM

Who can agrue with what dave said? Both sides? I think he summed it up pretty good. Good way to end the post. Now, no more fighting! Even I am guilty of saying some stupid things.
Old 06-09-2001, 09:11 AM

Originally posted by turbo5oh
if any of you 14 sec maxima guys that think GTs are slow live in the DFW area, i'd be glad race you.
I don't think that anybody here has said they can take out a super-modded mustang... I know that I am stating that I can take out mildly modded 5.0s because I have done this at the track and on the street... so stop coming over to the maxima board and telling me that you're 10 second car will kill my 14 second car because I passed 8th grade and can tell you that if you make it to the end of hte 1/4 you will win
Old 06-09-2001, 09:39 AM

it was just an invite. i assure you, if you pulled up to my car at a light, you'd have no idea it was anything other than stock... it has stock cam and its really quiet. and if you tried to race me you'd be in for a big surprize. i dont say anything to you guys about your cars. realize, that next time you call a mustang out it might be someone like me. the offer for a race is still up.
NEWS FLASH MUSTANG GUYS.....we don't care if we know that your car is modded or not. Just like YOU (guys that are stock or lightly modded) don't know if you're pulling up next to a high 12 second Maxima at a light....that's the whole point. The original point of this thread was not for retards like you to come on here in post about your drag cars that are MUCH faster than stock...some one was just proud of themselves for beating a stock or near stock Mustang...what's the big deal with that? You can't come to terms with the fact that a four door car can beat SOME of your mustang buddies??? I know some Integras that can kick my ***...but most can't...does that mean I should go post on the integra forums about how fast my car is and challenge stock GS-Rs to races that I already know that I can easily win??? Simmer down, go back to your "corral" and stop bothering us.
Old 06-09-2001, 10:04 AM

for your information my car is a daily driver with a/c, power steering...everything. its my daily driver. furthermore it has a stock longblock and only 12 psi boost on pump gas. as for the 12 sec maximas, bring it on! the original post said "Mustang GT's...hahahaha" i have a Mustang GT and i'll give him something to laugh about. what an *ss.
You just don't get it do you? There is some superiority complex with guys that have Mustangs that makes them think that they have the fastest car on the road...that's what _DRU_ was saying with his original post....now your car is an exception to the rule, and maybe you are too....and If you read my last post CAREFULLY..you'll notice that I wasn't referring to you with what I said about a 12 second Maxima...I was doing EXACTLY the same thing that you did in your previous post, confirming that nobody truly knows what they are going up against. JEEZ.....go bother the F-body boys or something. As for me...I'm going to lay out and get a tan with my beautiful girlfriend....you can just keep typing nonsense INSIDE all day.....this conversation is over.
Old 06-09-2001, 11:21 AM
SLOW

Turbo5oh

I'll be in DFW later this summer, I'll race you with my Maxima. Let's take it to a road course and then see how you fare with your 10.82 second 1/4 mustang.

My point is this: The Maxima, especially a stock or near stock one, is not a dedicated drag racing car. The guys that come in here talkin lotsa stuff with their 10 and 11 second mustangs sayin "bring it on, I'll race any of you guys" are idiots. I'll take a stock hayabusa and smoke all of you, if 1/4 mile times were all that mattered. But it's not the same vehicle, and to compare them in the same light is foolish. The Maxima is not in the same vein as the mustang is, as far as its purpose in the automotive industry.

What happened here was 1 Maxima owner posted his victory over 1 Mustang driver, and that's it. It wasn't meant to encompass all Mustang owners or all Maxima owners. By the same token all the Mustang owners saying they can smoke any Maxima on any day (or better yet, any honda or whatever) had better rethink that. Even the DEDICATED 10 second 1/4 mile stangs most wouldn't hang for 1 lap with a DEDICATED road racing 160 hp Honda Civic, and the opposite is true as well, the Civic isn't going to hang with the 'stang at the dragstrip either.

My point is, know your car, and try to know your opponent. That way if you get a win (or a loss) whether it be at a stoplight drag race, or through mountain twisties, you know what you were up against.

To all the people from both sides who made INTELLIGENT posts on this thread, I thank you. To the ones who didn't, you are just making yourself out to be a moron.

And to the person who asked "why do you list mods that dont add power" take a look at my signature. Not a single mod on there adds power to my car, but do most of them improve the performance of the car? You bet they do.
Old 06-09-2001, 11:23 AM

Who cares if your mustang runs 12's, big deal. I love how you Mustang guys focus so much on straight line acceleration, but forget to focus on the most important parts of vehicle dynamics, braking and handling. A stock mustang isnt that great of a car and neither is a Cobra. For the money you can get a lot faster cars on the market, its just personal preference which one you pick.
Old 06-09-2001, 01:38 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Ohhhh a high 10 second turbo Mustang Way to go, but there's nothing special about a single turbo Stang. Why don't you get the hell out of here? You're only making yourself look like the stereotypical Mustang driver and adding fuel to the fire. You're gonna get no repsect around here acting like an ***.

Dave
Old 06-09-2001, 03:37 PM
RacinHo

Originally posted by PerfRed99GT

Go here http://www.corral.net/forums and enter the lounge and ask that question. Asking that here doesn't make any sense.

Ed

I'm already there and have 2 Mustangs. I like all cars except SUVs.

Old 06-09-2001, 03:43 PM
RacinHo

Originally posted by bmxsteve
and waste lots of gas,

A 6spd Corvette with 345hp averages about 28-30mpg cruising in 6th gear doing 70mph.

Lingenfelter built in 1987, a 1986 Corvette stroked and normally aspirated putting out 380hp and 420lb of torque, runs 12.50s on street tires, topspeed of 180mph and gets 30mpg on the highway. On a straight surface, Hot Rod magazine reported an astounding 38mpg at 72mph cruise.

It gets better mileage than your Maxima and can haul ***.

Old 06-09-2001, 03:53 PM
RacinHo

for your information my car is a daily driver with a/c, power steering...everything. its my daily driver. furthermore it has a stock longblock and only 12 psi boost on pump gas. as for the 12 sec maximas, bring it on! the original post said "Mustang GT's...hahahaha" i have a Mustang GT and i'll give him something to laugh about. what an *ss.

What kind of turbo setup are you running?

Old 06-09-2001, 05:32 PM

Originally posted by _DRU_

well said! i am in the exact same position as a 17 year old too.
]]

Me too. I'm 17 a bought a 97 with 19k miles. I wanted a fast car that could also fit 5 people easily. I also plan on keeping it for about 10 years which I could never do with a mustang.
Old 06-09-2001, 07:55 PM
is invisible

Oh well...

they can never compare to LS1/f-body.
Old 06-09-2001, 08:38 PM
wheelspin

Here is a mpeg of my best friends 9 second street Stang.
Mid 10s on just the engine. This is with a 150hp shot, he can go up to 250hp.
This is at an 1/8 mile track about 2 months ago.
http://www.racerchic.com/mpegs/Ken1.mpg
Yes, this is a registered street car on DOT tires and closed exhaust!

Old 06-09-2001, 08:56 PM

blah blah blah...

what mustang what was that?? poor mans sportscar, oh yes thats it. I wouldnt care if a mustang beat me, i hope to hell it would and should, for you turbo and your "daily driver" no one on this board gives a **** about you because you drive a mustang...GOOD u have fast car OH NO!!! so take your lurker *** STFU and be happy with your 465 or somthing rwhp NO ONE CARES ABOUT U.....so bye beoooooooooootttttttchhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Quick Reply: Mustang GT's...hahahaha