4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Mustang GT's...hahahaha

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2001, 08:57 PM

blah blah blah...turbo

what mustang what was that?? poor mans sportscar, oh yes thats it. I wouldnt care if a mustang beat me, i hope to hell it would and should, for you turbo and your "daily driver" no one on this board gives a **** about you because you drive a mustang...GOOD u have fast car OH NO!!! so take your lurker *** STFU and be happy with your 465 or somthing rwhp NO ONE CARES ABOUT U.....so bye beoooooooooootttttttchhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Old 06-10-2001, 06:11 AM
GlennSullivan

Your cousins supercharged M3

I think thats a good offer, go get your cousin and his M3, I'll bring my 43000 mi 95 Cobra, shall we say for $1,000.00 e-mail me at gsullivan@sullivandata.com when you are ready

Old 06-10-2001, 06:47 AM

i know a modded 318ti that will eat your rustang for breakfast , has All around mods , meaning he has ICE and he has performance.

Whatever you say, but your rustang stukk sucks in corners and still cant beat a camaro.

Found On Road Dead.
Old 06-10-2001, 08:09 AM

HAHA this guy is comparing his car to an M3. Why dont you take your Cobra up against the M3 on a road course and watch it light you up. As for Mustangs, personally i think they are a lot nicer than Camaros, but if i wanted a all out performance vehicle thats what i would buy.
Old 06-10-2001, 08:13 AM

Hold on, we are talking about a 5.0L Mustang Cobra? With or without mods? Fill me in with some info.
Old 06-10-2001, 09:06 AM

Re: Your cousins supercharged M3

Originally posted by GlennSullivan
I think thats a good offer, go get your cousin and his M3, I'll bring my 43000 mi 95 Cobra, shall we say for $1,000.00 e-mail me at gsullivan@sullivandata.com when you are ready
ooo, let the bets begin. he will be running at HRP July 6. that should give enough time for you. he said to bring cash and save your timeslip. he has a white 97 4dr M3 that looks pretty stock. he has drag slicks and a gutted interior with a rollcage. just to let you know, he will be spraying that night. which mustang are you gonna bring and how can he distinguish your domestic from the crowd?
Old 06-10-2001, 09:44 AM

hey ghost mustang...

It just boggles my mind.. with the Mods list.. Titanium Cigarette Lighter.. Carbon fiber antenna.. etc..

OH my god, that's hilarious! A little ridiculous, but it's excellent use of hyperbole. Unfortunately, since the Max isn't a sports car, we can't get "6.23 differentials" or "Mega-Hyper flow cam kits" or "bored-out stroked valve covers"... they just aren't available unless custom made. I know, I'm just putting together hi-performance buzz words that don't make any sense, but you get the idea. The best most of us can hope for is a hi-flow intake/exhaust, NOS, or S/C, well maybe a limited-slip differential... that would be cool. Anyway, the Maxima culture is very different from the Mustang's.

Here's a couple more funny ones...

Billet aluminum steering wheel...

Stainless steel headrests...

Diamond-cut gauge cluster...

Platinum door handles...

Oh well, that's all I got today, I'll think of some more later.

titanium cigarette lighter... LOL!!!!
Old 06-10-2001, 10:07 AM

I really dont see why its so hard to believe that a max beat mustang. I know the maxima isnt the fastest damn car but it does happen. Someone mentioend a win is a win but i do remember him flaming the kill. and someone else mention is being the driver. That ios very true. So based ont eh story, it sounded like the mustang driver was a moron and like sto spin his tires. SO he got beat. what is so hard? I dont see why the conflict.

Why is it so hard for majority of muscle car owners to admit that they get beat too. Esp by a import? SHould we all respect each other? All these damn posts lead to nothing but flames and damn lurkers.

I have beaten 5.0's so does that make me a liar or a fibber? I will race on the bottle and even off. If i win, cool, if i lose, oh well, it happens. No wonder why SX7R always records his ****. No one believes till there is proof.

So if you want to go on about a story, do yourself a favor and get proof. Half the people around will only believe what they see or hear. BTW, good kill.

SO if i said i beat a stang, who would believe me? I'm curious. I know most of you wouldnt. Maybe people shouldnt speak till they know the whole thing or what people have.
Old 06-10-2001, 10:10 AM

Re: hey ghost mustang...

Originally posted by justmax
Stainless steel headrests...
what the hell?!?!? hahaha, next thinking you know, stainless steel seatbelts... hahaha
Old 06-10-2001, 10:18 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

the one thing i still dont get is the fact that people from other forums like to talk **** in our forum... just cos they *think* they can beat a maxima. if u have a 10 sec mustang, yeah ur gonna win in a straight line. but wut's the point? i've raced a couple of mustangs too, won a few times, lost a few times. but no one talks **** about it. its all in the game of cars and mods... u win and u lose. y cant you guys be happy with the fact that u can beat some maximas and not all! i'm sure there's more than a handful of max owners here that can take out a mustang, but then again i dont think those people goto your forums and post flames in there... as for the mods, as someone pointed out earlier.... MAXIMA = family sedan... MUSTANG = poor man's sports car. the number of actually mods you can get is probably waaaaaay higher for the stang. so y r u guys complaining!? its not like you guys dont post ur "stainless steel headrests" in ur forums too! so just STOP TALKING **** and play ur games somewhere else... there's more than a share of sensible people on this forum.... but if u realy want a piece of us... i'm sure there is a bunch of people already ready and waiting....
Old 06-10-2001, 10:47 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I just went to the track this past Friday, and I find this thread to be quite interesting I have 2 friends with modded Mustangs, and I raced some at the track as well. I beat a 96 GT twice, and lost to another GT a few times. Mustangs aren't built like Maximas, but they are made for a totally different market as well. Speed is great, but I would take a Mustang GT over an Fbody any day of the week. Trans Ams are very fast, but if I can't even drive around the city with a comfortable passenger seat then it's not worth it to me.
To the Dallas Mustangs: I'll race ya sometime, but let's take it to the track. Whether I win or lose I still enjoy the race. My times are never incredible, but after racing fast cars/bikes/etc. learn to take it as it comes. It's still fun to watch your competitor fly by.
-hype
Old 06-10-2001, 11:34 AM
YamahaRyder

Originally posted by _DRU_
[B]1. Why do you import types list tailights, tinted glass and pedal covers as modifications? Why no engine / drivetrain mods?

a modification is someing added to a stock car. look closer, some of us to have performance mods too...

2. How many of you are age 17 to 20 and are in fact driving your parents old Maxima?

im 17 and i own my maxima, its under my name
I'm not trying to start another flame war, and you could have very well paid for your own maxima, (god knows I had to), however, there is no where in Amercia that you can have the car in your name. When I was 17 I went to the Nissan dealership and paid cash for my car. The car had to go in my parents name until I was 18. I talked, argued, and yelled at the car salesman, but he showed me the written law where it stated that you have to be 18 before holding a title for a motor vehicle in your name. That is good for all 50 states.

But don't worry, when you turn 18, the title can be transfered to your name, and you can buy a bike too

Go Yamaha

Old 06-10-2001, 12:19 PM
NASTY93

originally posted by 'justmax'
__________________________________________________ __________
since the Max isn't a sports car, we can't get "6.23 differentials" or "Mega-Hyper flow cam kits" or "bored-out stroked valve covers"... they just aren't available

did ya ever wonder why that stuff isnt available? It's not available for minivans either...

Hey guys I'm impressed with your devotion to the Maxima, but go back to the first page and see who started all this.
If you allow that kind of original post, you're bound to get the other guy's attention. What did you expect after that original post - hugs and kisses from us?

If you guys dont care for this kind of crap, maybe your moderators should lock or delete such posts. And it's not just the stang crowd...if you boast about smokin a Camaro, they'll be here next...same with the Civic guys, the Probe guys etc.

See you on the road

Old 06-10-2001, 12:29 PM

Originally posted by NASTY93
did ya ever wonder why that stuff isnt available? It's not available for minivans either...
Of course, we all have to start somehwere right? I admist, there isnt much but we are getting more suport help for mods.

Hey guys I'm impressed with your devotion to the Maxima, but go back to the first page and see who started all this.
If you allow that kind of original post, you're bound to get the other guy's attention. What did you expect after that original post - hugs and kisses from us?
Thanks. As all other car lovers, we love our cars. We all should be helping one another out rather then flaming. Yes he posted, but how do other people find out? Lurkers. There is nothing wrong with roadkills. Everyone posts them. Sometimes people blow things out of the water, sometimes they are completely true. Other owners just wont admit it or lack informations about other cars and just talk BS.

If you guys dont care for this kind of crap, maybe your moderators should lock or delete such posts. And it's not just the stang crowd...if you boast about smokin a Camaro, they'll be here next...same with the Civic guys, the Probe guys etc.
That is very true. Maybe evil Bill or someone shoudl close this bad boy up.
Old 06-10-2001, 12:34 PM
SLOW

what?

i had 2 vehicles in my name prior to the time i was 18. an 88 626 turbo and an 89 accord lxi, my parents didnt even know i had purchased the accord until it was all said and done, so their name certainly wasnt anywhere on the title... maybe its a law in your state, but it certainly isnt that way in my state (michigan). all that doesnt matter now however, as im well over 18 nowadays
Old 06-10-2001, 12:37 PM

Originally posted by YamahaRyder

I'm not trying to start another flame war, and you could have very well paid for your own maxima, (god knows I had to), however, there is no where in Amercia that you can have the car in your name. When I was 17 I went to the Nissan dealership and paid cash for my car. The car had to go in my parents name until I was 18. I talked, argued, and yelled at the car salesman, but he showed me the written law where it stated that you have to be 18 before holding a title for a motor vehicle in your name. That is good for all 50 states.

But don't worry, when you turn 18, the title can be transfered to your name, and you can buy a bike too

Go Yamaha
right, i am the 'custodial' owner or something of that sort. as soon as i turn 18, the title will transfer under my name, from my dads, with out having to file paperwork. something like that. my insurance company explained it to me and its something of that sort.
Old 06-10-2001, 12:57 PM
Mars_302

Though I would jump in here and make a few points.

Fact #1 Mustangs restarted the performance era again.

Fact #2 Mustangs have the largest aftermarket following ever

Fact #3 The fastest drag car in the world is a mustang, not street legal, but techincally how many cars are really legal, they are some cars drive around with no cats, gutted cats(yes you import boys do it too, and dont deny it cause I know a few that do) last time I checked clear tail lights and or headlights are not exactly legal in some states or counties. Maybe some of you are still legal, maybe some of you arent. The are lot of 10 sec mustangs that are still street legal and daily drivers with full interiors and radios. Unlike the many imports I watch on SV that are merely just sheet metal and tubes with a seat motor and tranny. I personally have a friend that has a 10 sec stang and it still has a/c and drives it work everyday. And this knock against American manufacturing is only true to a point. American motors are catching very quickly. In a friend of mine had a 5.0 stang, he ran a 125 shot of NOS on his car for over 200k miles. My dads ranger 87, 2.0 4 banger, has 235k miles on it, has the orginal motor untouched except mant. and still has the factory clutch and doesnt slip at all. And if your family sports car is so good in the twisties why dont I see a Maxima team running a trans am series or a GT or GT class witht he stangs, vettes and f-bodies, or hell even with the BMW 3 or even the FWD classes with with focus as well. Hell the #1 rally car in the world is a Ford Focus driven by Colin McCrea. I see mustangs, vettes, camaros, ferrairs, lamb, porches holding my world records for racing, than anything else. We go back to an above fact, yes the mustang movement started it all again, it took time for us to do it. All other aftermarket cars are growing in leaps and bounds cause of the mustang movement, including you guys as well. I see manufactuters that made fords parts applying technology for the import guys. And this bs about needing 8 cylinders to make 225 hp. Well its called cost effectivness, Its so much easier to rebuild and work on a 5.0 liter mustang than any of your FWD Maximias. Technology costs money. And believe the FWD assmeblies are no where near bulletproof for abuse. CV shafts brake far more easier than the solid rear axles of Ameican cars. And btw, ive seen a # of 2.3 turbo stangs making over 300 hp at the rear wheels, even read about one that is in the 10s, and still has the orginal interior and weighs a portly 3100+ lbs. Your maximas costs $20k+ used? Hmm I can get a 89-92 lx 5.0 stang for about $5-$6k, add a set of heads, intake, cam, few bolts on, and blow past you at the track and on the street, and only waste about $3k. The I can buy a saleen, steeda or Maximum motorsports suspension setup, and fly by you in corners, then order a baer claw setup and out brake you repeatedly. And after all that still has some chas left over to do body mods. And by no means will gas milage go down. I get 25 avg in my stang, best was 30. As long as I keep my foot outta it and drive it normally its all okay. I have a friend with 383 vette than is capable of low 11s if he could do a full throttle, he gets 28 mpg, drives it an hour to work everyday with full everything for a vette in 88. Hes going to put in a 420 stroker motor, and still excepts to get 25 mpg, and do 11s easily and 10s with good launching if he doesnt break he rear independent suspension.

You can aruge how effiecnt your motors are. But in the end it doesnt matter its who gets to the finish line first. Btw horsepower is not what wins a race, its torque, if you wanan argue that, go talk to an engineer, and he tell you torque is what gets a car moving quickly.

You can get a 96-97 cobra for about $15k now, and drop a supercharger and a few bolts and make a 500 horsepower, and that 4.6 block can take it easily. And you wanna aruge about the rain. Well its all a matter of tires, most stangers get good track tires for their cars. Me I have a nice set of bridgestone pontenzas, very sticky tire son the street, I can launch my car hard, even in the rain I can get on it hard, and watch ppl next time just spin out and half throttle. Its all int he tires and the driver.

I do like some import cars, even thinking of getting a new WRX or the newer version with the more hp motor. But the thing that ruins the ideas behind imports is the attitude of the drivers. I honestly do see alot of them driving like morons weaving in and out of traffic, I see stangers do this too as well but more often witht he import crowd. I actually got into a race with 3 Honda Civic Si coming froma light turning on to a 6 lane road, I nailed it and took off, let off after about half way thru 2nd and switched to third at like 45. Then I saw that they were coming up on my, so I nailed back on it, still in 3rd, they were on it hard, my car still wasnt even in power band yet, and I was walking away from them. And while they were at the light they were revving the motors like it was indy 500 race. Talk about a attitude that needs to be modified, Im not like that at all, but there ppl in every crowd, I rode in a civic si with a few mods, it was peppy, but didnt have the gobs of torque my car did. And as far as the price and selection of mods for a mustang, nothing else comes close, maybe achevy 350, buts thats just motor mods, they are so many chassi, brake, suspension, tranny mods for a mustang, you get alost and dont know which one to pick from.

Main case in point dont stereotype cars or the ppl, I didnt I said some are some arent or the majority of. And just because you beat a car, doesnt mean theres a car or driver that can beat you. We all get all clockes cleaned once in a while, mine was by a z28 ss and 2 ls1 vettes, hell I raced a lt1 6 speed vette in my stang, had him beat my car a length. raced a 96 Collectors vette with a 6 speed, the lt4 motor and supercharger I had him thru third gear then I left off, he couldnt go anywhere casue of traction. I raced a another 96 collecters edition vette, we were dead even till about 115 when I swithced to 5th, then my car stopped climbing as fast and 5th gear you can slam it hard and quickly. I ran with him pretty good for a car that was running on 6 cylinders cause I bent valves I had from racing a mustang before, didnt even know about eh valves, had a bad idle and low throttle problem, though it was a sensor or something, didnt know till I did a compression check on 2 cyinders. both were about 35#

Old 06-10-2001, 01:41 PM
SLOW

I dont have any argument with your post except a few points. Trans Am cars are tube chassis cars, with more than 600 hp, they are no more "mustangs" than john force's funnycar is a "mustang". I posted about racing the guy on a road course, and i am well aware that my car is hardly the ultimate road race car. however he was bragging about his 1/4 mile performance compared to the maxima, so i bragged about my road race performance compared to his mustang. You are right, there are no maximas in the speedvision GT and Touring Car championship. there is a mustang or 2, but they arent competitive, they are lap traffic. Personally, if i was going for straight line performance in a domestic car, i would buy a mustang, they have better quality than the F-body in my opinion, and the aftermarket is like you said, unlimited. if i were going for road racing performance, i certainly wouldnt buy a maxima, thats not what i was getting at with my post. the maxima is a nice sedan with decent handling, and acceleration. its not on top of any category.
my other argument is with cost... i bought my 96 maxima in january with 82K miles for $9000, down from a $10,000 asking price. its a pretty typical price, i've never seen a used maxima for 20K+, hell they are mid 20's brand new. however, if your point was that the maxima is more expensive than the mustang is (used) thats because of the resale value of the car, maxima's will hold up in general better than a mustang. its the same with most hondas, acuras, nissans, toyotas, etc. so its all about what you want for your money... if you want a 94 5.0 cobra w/ a supercharger go for it, its your money, but its not what i would spend my money on. you made some good points though, and i respect that.
Old 06-10-2001, 01:43 PM
YamahaRyder

Originally posted by _DRU_

right, i am the 'custodial' owner or something of that sort. as soon as i turn 18, the title will transfer under my name, from my dads, with out having to file paperwork. something like that. my insurance company explained it to me and its something of that sort.
Yeah, it was something like that. It was kind of like being on my parents insurance policy until I was 18...But when I turned 18 the title automatically transfered. I just received something in the mail I had to sign and have noteorized (sp?) and send it back. According to someone else on the board, he had 2 cars in his name...I didn't think it was legal, or mabey somebody made a mistake. O'well not a big deal, my main point was to buy a bike

Old 06-10-2001, 05:09 PM
wheelspin

Hmm, I expected some comments on my earlier post.

First I will say there is nothing wrong with your cars. But to me, I see them as no more than commuter cars & grocery getters. IMHO

But I would like to make a couple of points...

1. Why don't you look into what company has won the most racing championships & titles in the history of motorsports. I'm not just talking about drag racing, but all of them....

2. Mustang is the poor mans sports car??!! Why is the Mustang going to the Jag platform?? I'm a network admin in silicon valley & my wife works in law, I don't have the money to blow on a Cobra R or S281-SC....

If you really want to compare them, you can go to the Ford website and compare any Ford model with any other model of car. I just found it odd that a Mustang was even being compared to a Maxima. Two totally different types of car??!!

Old 06-10-2001, 06:30 PM

Hey wheelspin, they weren't even comparing the maxima to the stang. The orignal post was stating that someone beat a GT mustang in a street race. We are no morons. We know the new GT, car for car, stock for stock, can walk over the max. But in this case, the maxima driver came across a bad mustang driver.
Old 06-10-2001, 07:28 PM

Originally posted by MegaMax
Is anyone from Central NJ that can Help me convert my Camcorder tape into an AVI so I can Post it and PROVE what I have spoken here? As far as the 95 Cobra goes... Like my good friend from Dark Horse Racing says There is NO replacement for Displacement. But it's all in love of the sport so Sure I'll run ya (where are ya from). Don't worry I'll bring the MAX not the 55' Now that would truly be unfair..!

But really If you have any Nice Pics of it or Vids e-mail me as my Brother In-law owns njteamford and I made that site for him and am looking for good vids and Pics.

I Could See it NOW...

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see you beat the Cobra. A friend of mine owns it and swears it the fastest thing on the block and that a Max would have no shot. He has some mods however; 3.73 rear, Flowmaster exhaust, K&N drop-in fliter, H-pipe. I live in Brooklyn, he lives in S.I. How about E-town?
Old 06-10-2001, 09:15 PM
is invisible

Sorry pal..

Originally posted by mechanic
MAXIMA = family sedan... MUSTANG = poor man's sports car.
don't flatter yourself...the Max can be called a poor man's BMW.
Old 06-12-2001, 08:20 AM

originally posted by 'justmax'
since the Max isn't a sports car, we can't get "6.23 differentials" or "Mega-Hyper flow cam kits" or "bored-out stroked valve covers"... they just aren't available

See you on the road
If the Max was based on a car that debuted in 1979, maybe there would be more parts for it.
Old 06-12-2001, 09:15 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Torque wins races? Not exactly. If this was the case, we'd all be running for the hills when a I6 turbo diesel Ram pulling up to the line sporting about 550 ft/lbs of torque. From torque, you get hp. Depending on where your torque is in the powerband dictates how much hp you make.

A Mustang is a "poorman's sportscar". Ha, not with a live axle in the back. It's a musclecar which means it's all about going fast and straight with okay handling and braking. Even the 99+ Cobra can't handle the duty of competing with the Vette in the straightline or turns. Have you guys have ever seen a 99+ Cobra launch at the track? Talk about driveline slack and wheelhop. You can actually see the wheels moving front to back and up and down on launch. It's sickening. No wonder Ford went to a beefed up axle in 01.

Dave
Old 06-12-2001, 10:35 AM

Originally posted by Dave B
Torque wins races? Not exactly. If this was the case, we'd all be running for the hills when a I6 turbo diesel Ram pulling up to the line sporting about 550 ft/lbs of torque. From torque, you get hp. Depending on where your torque is in the powerband dictates how much hp you make.

A Mustang is a "poorman's sportscar". Ha, not with a live axle in the back. It's a musclecar which means it's all about going fast and straight with okay handling and braking. Even the 99+ Cobra can't handle the duty of competing with the Vette in the straightline or turns. Have you guys have ever seen a 99+ Cobra launch at the track? Talk about driveline slack and wheelhop. You can actually see the wheels moving front to back and up and down on launch. It's sickening. No wonder Ford went to a beefed up axle in 01.

Dave
couldnt be put better, much respect to dave
Old 06-12-2001, 01:01 PM
wheelspin

Do you know what the terms "Live Axle" & "IRS" mean??

Have you ever seen the brakes that come on a Cobra? Are you saying that 13" Brembo's are not good brakes??

The 99+ Cobra can't compete with the vette??
The Vette is advertised .93 lateral G's and the Cobra is .90 & .93 for a Saleen, not too bad for 22 year old platform...

You are going to get wheel hop with and car at the drag strip that is running IRS, it the nature of it's design. Technically speaking the phenenomena you are describing is known as rear wheel shutter. It is a "stick-slip" wind up of the halfshafts when the wheels are beginning to gain traction. Why do you think people switch to a live axle for drag racing??

And the Cobra is still running an 8.8 rear, the only problem was people breaking halfshafts due to drag racing a rear that was primarly designed for handeling & ride quality.

Old 06-13-2001, 08:58 AM

The Cobra was a disgrace to Ford when it was found out that they were not making the hp that Ford claimed. Say what you want about the 'Stang, it is still around, while my Camaro goes the way of the dinos. :P
Old 06-14-2001, 09:24 PM
sc302

A mustang is a mustang, and a maxima is a maxima. What I am getting at stop it we know that a mustang will out race a maxima and some will out handle a maxima. Let bi-gones be bi-gones. Those who want to race I can get in touch with a couple of guys who have mustangs that are running 8's & 9's and I know a few with rally cars (that can out handle and probably out run (which ever the application) most of your m3's, maximas, or what ever, and I am sure with enough persuasion they will be willing to run.

As for me I have suspension mods and speed mods to keep me glued to the ground and keep me fast...I know I can beat most of you (maxima's) and I know I can handle just as well if not better...but you may beat me gas station to gas station. I am not a track racer, more of a street racer so I have to handle some of the turns (gotta hit those exits hard if I am being chased by the pigs).

That's my $.02

Old 06-14-2001, 10:43 PM

Here's my two cents...

Today I got to meet the father of a good friend of mine. My friend has been telling me about his dad's car (a red 5-speed 2001 'stang GT), what he's done to it, etc. And he's been telling his dad about me and my car for a bit. He showed me his car, all the suspension mods he's done, under the hood, and took me for a ride.

The build quality was IMO pretty good. Comfortable seats that were quite snug (snug for 6'4" 235 at least), and the exhaust note -- he had a Magnaflow exhaust I believe -- was just beautiful. And dayyum, did that thing haul ***!

Then I showed him my car. First thing he said was "yeah, Maxima's are sweet cars!" He really liked it alot. I took him around the block and he was very impressed with how much it hauled (and my only engine mod is a Popcharger)!

For the longest time I didn't like them, but I have a newfound respect for em now. Sure they're crude compared to Maximas (not to sound snobbish!), but they're hella more refined than anything GM makes. In fact, dare I say, I liked his car!

I guess my point is...can't we all just get along?!
Old 06-14-2001, 11:04 PM
kit

well, street racing is different from those drag races on track.
when u r street racing, anything could happen. lots of elements affect the result. u can win almost every car.
But honestly, our max is faster than the last gen mustang GT. and ALL GEN V6 mustang.

and finally, i hate ford!! ;P
Old 06-15-2001, 07:24 AM

Originally posted by BriGuyMax

I took out a 5-speed '00 GT last night. It can be done.
The Mustang driver was poor.
Old 06-15-2001, 11:15 AM
TJ

Max=Looks cool, Roomy, fast, and reliable

Mustangs have sporty style and speed, but as far as being reliable, roomy and gas thrifty, forget it. A car is a very expensive toy, and want mine to be fast and last. I guess I want the best of both worlds. I think thats what most of my fellow Maxima owners want.

Untill Consumer reports starts showing me American cars reliablity are up to par with the Japs, I'm sticking with the Japs, especially Nissan, Toyota, and Honda.

It's a great feeling when a 3.0 V-6, wins a race against a 5.0 V-8. It's fun to be the underdog and win.
Old 06-15-2001, 02:56 PM
NASTY93

Re: Here's my two cents...

La Jolla you make good points and you sound like a sensible car enthusiast.

Kit, you're an idiot and you sound like a Civic rice boy more than an informed Maxima guy. How the hell can a stock 190 HP Maxima come close to beating a 260 HP stock Mustang if both drivers are competent? And before the rest of you snap out, READ what HE said: But honestly, our max is faster than the last gen mustang GT

Hope you get smarter before your 18th birthday Kit.

Old 06-15-2001, 03:25 PM

Re: Re: Here's my two cents...

How the hell can a stock 190 HP Maxima come close to beating a 260 HP stock Mustang if both drivers are competent? And before the rest of you snap out, READ what HE said: But honestly, our max is faster than the last gen mustang GT

yes, READ what he said, a last gen mustang. since when did last gen mustang GT's come with 260 Hp? good one.....

1998 Mustang GT0-225HP... http://www.edmunds.com/used/1998/for...tml?id=lin0066
Old 06-15-2001, 03:33 PM
kit

Re: Re: Here's my two cents...

La Jolla you make good points and you sound like a sensible car enthusiast.

Kit, you're an idiot and you sound like a Civic rice boy more than an informed Maxima guy. How the hell can a stock 190 HP Maxima come close to beating a 260 HP stock Mustang if both drivers are competent? And before the rest of you snap out, READ what HE said: But honestly, our max is faster than the last gen mustang GT

u r idiot~!! did u read my post clearly? i said last gen mustang GT, only 215hp~!! the early model of current gen has 260hp, and now it has 275~!! so, who's the idiot now?!
pls, OPEN UP ur eyes b4 reply.
Old 06-15-2001, 03:42 PM

mustangs are over populated in my town. I live in a little piece of **** town that has a walmart and like 1 grocery store. There is at least 25 mustangs. About 3 gts and the rest are regular v6.
Old 06-15-2001, 03:43 PM
Granny Driven

Ford Built Tough???

I have a friend who lives a block away from me. In 1999 he bought a 1999 green stang cobra. He took me for a spin and everything. It was a really nice car with good sound system and handling because it was the 1st stang with independant suspention........,.,BUT quility was terrible it was vibrating at speeds above 60-70, when stoped in neutral and rpm was brough up to 2000k the stick was shaking like crazy, the rear trunk was unevenly placed with a gap bigger on one side then the other. And it was brand new. He returned his stang to the dealer because all of them had a problem that year with vibrations. He is now waiting for his rally red 2002 COBRA.
Old 06-15-2001, 04:50 PM

funny

I race SccA autocross so 1/4 mile times mean squat to us. I mess around with my 71 Datsun 4door with just a 2.0 and a 200sx 5speed. I run circle's around those stangs. I drove a 96 5.0 on the autocross track and boy what a beast to get it around them cones. So in short **** 1/4 mile times. Oh and my buddy is in the process of putting in a sr20det motor in his datsun 510. I know for a fact that will smoke a GT and run with stock cobras in the 1/4. I mean hell he was in the mid 13's with a bored out L20B with duel mikunis. I have the slips on file.

Have fun

Rob
Sin City

Ps. My max is slow who cares?
Old 06-15-2001, 07:04 PM

Nissan VS Ford

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
Go easy on him man....remember...engine displacement is inversly proportional to **** size.
Compare a Mustang Cobra(Stock) versus a 300ZX Twin-turbo(stock).... Now that is a laughing matter, the 300 is faster and it handles twice as good. Also, a good friend of mine had a 90 300-TT and it had the Stillen stage 3 upgrade, that car would destroy most, NOT ALL, modded mustangs on the road.
Bottom line comparing a Maxima to a Mustang is not comparing apples to apples. I think it is still funny when a Mustang pulls up beside my "family car" and I know I can give him a run for his $$ and not be worrying about my car falling apart 3 miles down the road.

Mustangs are good cars, Maximas are a better, overall car, (that is in my opinion)

End of Story.......

Quick Reply: Mustang GT's...hahahaha