4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

installing a RSTB...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2001, 08:32 AM
1st97SE

i know alot of you had replied to my thread when i was looking to purchase a RSTB. thank you for your replies. some of you had said that you did not think the RSTB was worth and just get the rear sway bar. well, i did not have almost $300 to dish out for the RSB, so i bought a RSTB from Courtesy. i put it on yesterday, and i have to say i am very pleased. i did notice a difference taking on and off ramps at high speeds and just throwing my car around like a rag doll! the rear end tends not to feel as sloppy. i would still recommend this to anyone who doesn't have the cash for a sway bar yet. i can't wait for my stillen rear sway bar!

1st97SE

Old 06-15-2001, 08:51 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by 1st97SE
i know alot of you had replied to my thread when i was looking to purchase a RSTB. thank you for your replies. some of you had said that you did not think the RSTB was worth and just get the rear sway bar. well, i did not have almost $300 to dish out for the RSB, so i bought a RSTB from Courtesy. i put it on yesterday, and i have to say i am very pleased. i did notice a difference taking on and off ramps at high speeds and just throwing my car around like a rag doll! the rear end tends not to feel as sloppy. i would still recommend this to anyone who doesn't have the cash for a sway bar yet. i can't wait for my stillen rear sway bar!

1st97SE
if u are looking for the stillen sway bar... i think avalon racing has a special going on for them... free shipping! check out the for sale section or their website... www.avalonracing.net
Old 06-15-2001, 12:10 PM
maxout

1st97SE
I agree about the RSTB; got both STBs last week for my 96SE, installed just the FSTB first, drove for a couple of days and then put on the RSTB - the rear definitely feels 'tighter' and drags less: nice cheap fix for the back before a SB.

Old 06-15-2001, 02:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Wait a minute. $300 for an RSB?? No. I paid $160 for my Addco RSB at Cattman last year. Still the same price now.

DW

1st97SE
Old 06-15-2001, 03:13 PM
1st97SE

i really want the stillen over the addco. ~$270 + s/h, unless i get on a group deal. thanks to mechanic for the link.

1st97SE

Originally posted by dwapenyi
Wait a minute. $300 for an RSB?? No. I paid $160 for my Addco RSB at Cattman last year. Still the same price now.

DW

Old 06-15-2001, 09:37 PM

i really want the stillen over the addco. ~$270 + s/h, unless i get on a group deal. thanks to mechanic for the link.

1st97SE

The Stillen bar is not $110 better than the Addco bar. In terms of performance, they are pretty much identical, and I think the Addco is actually better built. The Stillen is hollow, and the Addco is solid all the way through. Some people say that the bushings on the Addco can wear out, but they are polyeurethane, so they will last a long time.

If the Stillen and Addco were the same price, I would get the Stillen for the theoretically sharper handling due to no bushings, but then the Addco is such a good deal at $150 or so you should not pass it up over the more expensive Stillen.