4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I got rear-ended yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 11:30 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I got rear-ended yesterday

Well, it had to happen again. I got rear-ended by a lady in a mercury mountaineer on my way to school yesterday in Baton Rouge. The damage isn't that bad. It just looks like the bumper and the trunk need to be repainted. But considering this is the 5th accident in two years (4 of them being the fault of others), I might actually have to sell the max. I don't what it is about this car that attracts the mistakes of others. I originally wanted to keep this car till it died since I've dropped so much time and money into it. Luckily, I had my treo and took some pics. The lady didn't even have a scratch on her bumper, buy some of my paint! The lady accepted full responsibility for the accident. I have a sprained neck from when my head hit the back of the headrest. The lady is fine without a scratch or sprain of course.

Old 07-01-2006, 11:47 AM
SHIFT_up

That's messed up. At least your trunk and bumper aren't falling off lol. Well since she took full responsibility and your neck is sprained....I for-see Money in your future.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:18 PM

Yet more proof that women can't drive safely! I'm not trying to be an *** but maybe you need to drive more defensively, look around you more often while you drive. I always look in the rear view mirror when traffic infront of me slows down to see if someone isn't paying attention behind and might be rear ending me. I've been driving since 86 and have been involved in only 3 accidents. I haven't had an accident since 97. I've lived in Los Angeles all my life and it is probably just as bad as any place else.

Anyhow the damage seems minor, at least the rear quarter panels aren't touched.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:18 PM

Car doesn't look too bad, glad you're ok.

Originally Posted by 99se5speed
Well since she took full responsibility and your neck is sprained....I for-see Money in your future.

yep
Old 07-01-2006, 12:25 PM

Ouch dude. But do you honestly think that your car is attracting accidents?
Old 07-01-2006, 12:47 PM
B!tch We Got a Problem

No such thing, your car attracts accidents!!! Car probably will get a new bumper cover, but at least there are no major injuries.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:59 PM

[QUOTE=DR-Max]Yet more proof that women can't drive safely! QUOTE]

Alright Doc!

I have been rear-ended 4 times. 3 by MEN! All four times I was at a stop sign or light.

My driving record reflects no accidents or tickets! I had one where I struck a MAN on a bike that crossed the MAIN ROAD in front of my van.

I have driven a '77' Jimmy with 44" tires on them. My lifts were 12" and 3". I had a MAN park under my truck perpendicular to the parking spaces provided and I rolled up on him. Guess who paid?! THE MAN!!!

Not all women are bad drivers, but I would argue that some are better than men.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:03 PM

sorry to hear that, but the accident doesn't seem to bad. Maybe repaint the car to attract less accidents. But don't sell the car. In case you do I got dibs on the head lights.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:14 PM

I should have said MOST women just can't drive safely! And I have had a lifted 4x4 myself and never had an accident in it. Driving a lifted 4x4 doesn't make you a monster trucker and give you justification for driving over a car that gets in your way. You should have called the cops and have his *** towed, yes there are options instead of just rolling over a car that is in your way. Two wrongs don't make anything right. He's an idiot for parking the way he did and what you did isn't justifiable. If I was the guy, I would have sued but then again, I have better sense to park elsewhere.

[QUOTE=4MySwee]
Originally Posted by DR-Max
Yet more proof that women can't drive safely! QUOTE]

Alright Doc!

I have been rear-ended 4 times. 3 by MEN! All four times I was at a stop sign or light.

My driving record reflects no accidents or tickets! I had one where I struck a MAN on a bike that crossed the MAIN ROAD in front of my van.

I have driven a '77' Jimmy with 44" tires on them. My lifts were 12" and 3". I had a MAN park under my truck perpendicular to the parking spaces provided and I rolled up on him. Guess who paid?! THE MAN!!!

Not all women are bad drivers, but I would argue that some are better than men.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:30 PM

Hey there Sweetie, where did I say I ran him over intentionally?

When I came out, I didn't even see him, he pulled up under me as I was leaving!

Thanks though DAD for clearing that up!

If I had done it intentionally, (which I did not), where would you come off talking to someone like that? That's pretty brazen of you, as well considering I am about your age kiddo!

You called it a 'monster truck', it was my 'baby'! My husband and I built it to help me not get crushed by yet another rear ending! It was NEVER used to injure someone else or their property.

And yes, I understood you meant most women, not all........Just bringing you back to the fact that some men should be riding bikes also! SOME!
Old 07-01-2006, 01:30 PM

Use the rear view mirror, if you see someone comming up fast on you try to get the hell out of their way. Ive saved myself on two occasions by quickly diving to the curb.

But the damage dosent seem that bad, the bumper took the impact, I got rear ended by a jeep which crushed my entire rear end.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:33 PM

I just spent $460 If I were to sell it, I guess I would get a 6th gen provided that my Miglia Evo5s would fit on it with no issues. I usually check my rear view mirror. However, a lady was making a U turn in front of me from the opposite lane. The lane to my left stopped to let her in and she was partly in my lane. No sooner had she completed the turn and I was about to acelerate did I get hit. The lady said she was disctracted by some movement in the back of a truck towing a trailer for lawn mowing equipment.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:43 PM

12" suspension + 3" body lift, add perhaps a 35 or 36, maybe 38" tires (depending on if you cut your fender wells) is overkill unless everyone in your town drives the same type of vehicles.

I'm on 6" suspension lift (i hate body lifts) with 35" tires and I'm pretty much higher than most vehicles on the road, except when I pull over next to a vehicle like yours. But in my town, very few, if any, people drive tractor trucks.

Originally Posted by 4MySwee
My husband and I built it to help me not get crushed by yet another rear ending! It was NEVER used to injure someone else or their property.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:53 PM

HAHAHA....go figure! I was driving home from work and a woman in an SUV directly infront of me, slams on her brakes and does an illegal u-turn in the middle of a busy intersection while talking on a cell phone!! I'm sure she didn't even bother looking at the opposite lanes, where's a cop when you need one.

In another instance, I nearly got driven off the road by another woman in an SUV who suddenly decided she wanted to get in my lane! She's also talking on her cell phone!

I can keep going on and had I captured all this on video, I could show all of it to you guys. Also, had it not been for defensive driving, I'd probably be dead.

Originally Posted by athlon omega
The lady said she was disctracted by some movement in the back of a truck towing a trailer for lawn mowing equipment.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:07 PM

I just spent $400 this week getting the AC fixed. Spent another $1200 on my tranny rebuild, then another $670 on a full exhaust upgrade several weeks ago. This doesn't include other mods I've done such as suspension, racing wheels, tires, audio system, etc. I've spent so much money on this car, I lost count! Anyhow, if this car is to get into a total wreck, my next car is going to be a supercharged G35 coupe.

I just spent $460 If I were to sell it, I guess I would get a 6th gen provided that my Miglia Evo5s would fit on it with no issues. I usually check my rear view mirror. However, a lady was making a U turn in front of me from the opposite lane. The lane to my left stopped to let her in and she was partly in my lane. No sooner had she completed the turn and I was about to acelerate did I get hit. The lady said she was disctracted by some movement in the back of a truck towing a trailer for lawn mowing equipment.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Geo T
No such thing, your car attracts accidents!!!
That may not be so, my uncle will never buy a dark colored car because it is more difficult spot. I wouldn't go so far as to say that your car color caused all the 5 accidents but I am pretty sure some could have been avoided.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:24 PM
dko
duck and cover

tell her you won't file a police report if she pays your insurance deductible.

then take the money and mod
Old 07-01-2006, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by dko
tell her you won't file a police report if she pays your insurance deductible.

then take the money and mod
The police were on the scene and faulted her for the accident. The lady was nice about it, but I wasn't taking any chances. Of all 5 accidents, 4 were on the side of my car by fenders and front passenger doors.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:52 PM
dko
duck and cover

damn. could have been easy money
Old 07-01-2006, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by DR-Max
12" suspension + 3" body lift, add perhaps a 35 or 36, maybe 38" tires (depending on if you cut your fender wells) is overkill unless everyone in your town drives the same type of vehicles.

I'm on 6" suspension lift (i hate body lifts) with 35" tires and I'm pretty much higher than most vehicles on the road, except when I pull over next to a vehicle like yours. But in my town, very few, if any, people drive tractor trucks.

We enjoyed the 44's Cepeks. We weren't terribly bothered with 'over doing it'.

Ironically enough, we own a trucking firm.

Oh, and I agree with you on the women, cell phones and suv's!!!! It's a bad combo, that's for sure!
Old 07-01-2006, 11:34 PM

I can barely see the dmg...take the money and buy yourself a nice laptop, or Xbox360, or a new LCD, or IPod, or even open a new acct at Citibank e-Savings (5.00 apr) and put the money in there =) FTW!
Old 10-20-2006, 01:32 AM

Update. Well I was doing a rotation in Champaign, Illinois; so the max hasn't been worked on yet. Back in the N.O. now. While I was out of town, one of my muffler hangers broke and took a peice of the muffler with it. Now I have a hole in my muffler, I know it was definitely due to the accident. To make a long story short, I thinking of having the body shop cut a hole on the left side of the new bumper, and then doing a duel exhaust. It's mainly for show I guess. No other rear bumper with dual outlets matches the stillen kit on the max now.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:08 AM
dko
duck and cover

Originally Posted by 4MySwee
Oh, and I agree with you on the women, cell phones and suv's!!!! It's a bad combo, that's for sure!
i call that the suburban trifecta
Old 10-20-2006, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by 96i30azn
That may not be so, my uncle will never buy a dark colored car because it is more difficult spot. I wouldn't go so far as to say that your car color caused all the 5 accidents but I am pretty sure some could have been avoided.
Not sure I agree with the color thing either, but I have driven a car that seemed to attract other cars to hit it, it even attracted wildlife. I've been driving since '99(yep I'm a youngin) and I have never hit a deer, but I did have a deer run into me while driving this car. Sprinted out from between the trees and slammed into my passenger side fender. And before that the car was parked in front of my parents and someone who was visiting one of the neighbors across the street backed into it. Then I was turning into a parking lot and the lady directly in front of me randomly threw her car into reverse and backed right into me, broke my headlight, and then she had the nerve to say it was my fault! Not to my face of course, but thats what she told her insurance.
And not only that, but before I even owned the car it was parked in front of the previous owners house and someone slammed into the front and shoved the bumper in about 5 inches. I swear that thing was cursed.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:05 PM

I work at a dealership and a lexus came in and the driver was an asian woman who lived in kentucky. what a bad combination of bad drivers. the car had dings and scratches all over it and it only had 20,000 miles on it!
Old 10-20-2006, 05:15 PM

Sorry to hear about that, i share your pain. Hope everything works out ok.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:52 PM

this again prooves women cant drive
Old 10-20-2006, 10:29 PM

i have your info now... muhahaha
Old 10-21-2006, 04:36 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

considering this is the 5th accident in two years (4 of them being the fault of others), I might actually have to sell the max. I don't what it is about this car that attracts the mistakes of others.
Usually it's not the car that "attracts the mistakes of others", it's usually the driving style of the owner that makes that happen.

There's a reason you've had 5 accidents in 2 years. When you figure that out you'll most likely stop having accidents.

Your insurance company must love you.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:41 AM

I hardly call that damage, just got to replace the bumper, just be glad that she didn't hit u harder and get ur frame all bent out of shape...
Old 10-21-2006, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by njmaxseltd
Usually it's not the car that "attracts the mistakes of others", it's usually the driving style of the owner that makes that happen.

There's a reason you've had 5 accidents in 2 years. When you figure that out you'll most likely stop having accidents.

Your insurance company must love you.
My premium has never gone up. I was only at fault in one of the five accident. The thing is that one of the hangers borke off my exhaust a month later and took part of the muffler with it. As a result, I have a hole in my muffler and it's throwing 0302 codes (exhaust leak). Therefore, I was thinking about doing a dual exhaust by having the body make an identical cutout on the driver side. No rear kits out there flow well with the stillen kit I have on it. It for looks more than anything else. It suscks becuase I spent $2100 repainting the whole car earlier this year.