4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

You wanted it here it is (WOT RUN)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Flava_24/7
AlpineGt66,
Im gld your staying positive. I wasnt trying to instigate an argument.
Have you tried cecking the ecu for codes? A bad knock sensor could be pulling timing enough to cause that slight lag seen in the rpms.

About the SC vs. Turbo, well we all know that outcome. Turbo will own the SC and at a lower rpm.
There's even vids of the TC vs. SC (max vs. max) on VQpower.com in the download section.
Thanx, positive is the way to go peeps! Now thnx for the knock sensor suggestions but nahh i got a new one for it like 3 weeks ago as well as for my other one. Now im thinking i didnt have my foot on the ground lol]
i just went outside to do it again and got some night vids, can't really see anything but the car seems to idle fine now, its the devil i tell ya! oh an the turbo and supercharger thing, all i can say is not always! depends on the size of the turbos(how fast they spool up) and depends what pulley your using in the supercharger so i dont think the worst turbocharged maxima is going to beat the best supercharged one. and theres a whole lot of other stuff to foll around with! but yeah everyone whos reading this tread stay positive we don't wanna be
Old 07-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by AlpineGt66
Thanx, positive is the way to go peeps! Now thnx for the knock sensor suggestions but nahh i got a new one for it like 3 weeks ago as well as for my other one. Now im thinking i didnt have my foot on the ground lol]
i just went outside to do it again and got some night vids, can't really see anything but the car seems to idle fine now, its the devil i tell ya! oh an the turbo and supercharger thing, all i can say is not always! depends on the size of the turbos(how fast they spool up) and depends what pulley your using in the supercharger so i dont think the worst turbocharged maxima is going to beat the best supercharged one. and theres a whole lot of other stuff to foll around with! but yeah everyone whos reading this tread stay positive we don't wanna be

This is true, but from the numbers Ive seen and vids, SC maxima pushing 10lbs gets owned by TC maxima pushing 8lbs.
In the SC section, looking at Stephen Max's Dyno him being SC 1995 SE 5 speed put down 348hp at 12psi right around the 7k mark.
Jay25 put down 349HP in his TC 98 GXE, 5 spd at 9.7 psi. Im not sure at what RPM that was.
As far as I know, Stephen has put down the best numbers for the SC
Old 07-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Black Maxima

its not my best run, but then again i didnt wanna burn rubber, well i did it first but it shaked the camera attached to the steering wheel to hard that it shut it off. So this is like a running start 5-60 or something, and i do admit my shiffting points are a little off! oh well enjoy me wasting gas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXY2351TOo4
I think your floor mat is jammed up behind your gas pedal.

Old 07-05-2006, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Flava_24/7
This is true, but from the numbers Ive seen and vids, SC maxima pushing 10lbs gets owned by TC maxima pushing 8lbs.
In the SC section, looking at Stephen Max's Dyno him being SC 1995 SE 5 speed put down 348hp at 12psi right around the 7k mark.
Jay25 put down 349HP in his TC 98 GXE, 5 spd at 9.7 psi. Im not sure at what RPM that was.
As far as I know, Stephen has put down the best numbers for the SC
maybe the vq30de is more in sync with a turbo maybe the chain has something to do with that! those are good numbers tho

question for you, why did you decide to go to the supercharger route rather than a turbocharged route.

Also i wonder if anyone has tried to hook both up! lol the engine will explode , I HAVE SEEN IT BEEN DONE just not on a vq30de motor!!!
Old 07-05-2006, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Black Maxima
I think your floor mat is jammed up behind your gas pedal.
you know what, you probably are kiding, but i think you have just solved my problem! and i am serious. and now you are laughing. Yeah my rugmat was squeezed up behind my pedals, im doin another vid tommorow, wish me luck yall.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Black Maxima

Or you had a fat chick in your car at the time of the video shoot.

Old 07-05-2006, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Black Maxima
Or you had a fat chick in your car at the time of the video shoot.
what the hell is it with you guys posting me about chicks? go wack off some then come and talk about cars.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:33 PM
Wild for Width

LTU's video was pretty accurate. In the 2nd section that was a pretty decent 2-3 shift as well.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:55 AM

cant see much, but you can always listen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfod7Wd71nE
Old 07-06-2006, 06:41 AM
Project Ruby......

ok ill set you straight too, first off i am not going into any contests about
anything online with people i don't even know, there is like 300 million of you to argue with, i don't have nearly a long enough life span. but i will finish
you off, Your referring to maxima owners as good and as me as bad with my bike.First off i hate riding around here in the summer and you can't in the winter or when it rains. And as for you calling yourrself a major macho owner of two maxima, guess what I have 3 maximas. 1990,1996,1998 wanna see a pic? So who the hell are you calling a bike boy, i love my cars, well not always because one is a , but anyway the only way your goin to prove it is by a video! And thats where i am going to prove you wrong because you won't do it, so unless you prove it with a vid you could say your car will beat an m5 or a 18 wheeler, no body will know for sure. and your already measuring oh and the the bike beats about anything not just a 4door. You guys don't even have to try Oh and you mentioned about the chicks I have plenty thanx, now don't be hating me hate the game playa, lol/ point is and sorry if i pissed you off stop critisizing, enjoy the vid and relax im sorry i can't please everyone.

and for the note this relates to the exhaust thread i posted earlier and is more sound oriented than time or how fast the needle moves up my rpm gauge.
Oh congratulations you have 3. Never in my post did I try to sound macho by stating I have 2 Maximas. Was just proving a point the 5spd is slightly faster, but your car looks slower than the auto. Your 5spd just doesn't look up to par.

Did I call you bike boy??? I guess I should make a vid to prove that I did not call you a "bike boy". I like bikes, but why state the obvious and say if I want to beat your supercharged car I'll bring my bike out and beat you. Oh and news flash. If the bike can not beat just about anything on the road then it must be a bicycle.

I can outrun an M5 on foot.

And as for the game. Damn the game!!!

No big deal, my opinion still stands about the vid though.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:57 AM
Boosted Panda

question for you, why did you decide to go to the supercharger route rather than a turbocharged route.

Less maintenance and more reliablity. The only main issue the SC has is shredding belts, but if every thing lines up right and it has the proer tension even that can be avoided.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:59 AM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by 4DRSpeed
Oh and news flash. If the bike can not beat just about anything on the road then it must be a bicycle.

Bikes should be able to beat just about anything on the road, but Ive seen some vids of some boosted cars keeping up with and passing some bikes.
One vid was of a Hyabusa vs. a Viper.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:32 AM
Wild for Width

Single Turbo Supra > Johnny Tran Crotchrocket
Old 07-06-2006, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Fr33way
Single Turbo Supra > Johnny Tran Crotchrocket
this post is about maxima rpms, related to speed and your cars health. And it would be nice to compare stock to littlw mods, to all out.

so for all of you who want to post about bikes, chicks, or any other off subject do it on another FORUM.

I don't want to hear about supra's, vipers, corvette's jet boats' and lastly not fat nor skiny chicks.

p.s you guys told me learn how to read, so im goin to throw this back out at ya, thats why i said JUST about anything on the road, key word being Just. As for me selling my bike and getting a blower in a car is worthless, since it will still be much slower than the bike. All i am saying is bying a bike is the cheapest way to cure the need for speed, and a wheelie, but for those of you who don't have a bike just don't know what i am talking about so chill. Also I do believe that a lingenfelter corvette can smoke any supra, skyline, or viper.

http://www.motortrend.com/multimedia...2_03_corvette/

this is the most funny video of a vet in it! "I think he's scared"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnAwoGSoPdg
Old 07-06-2006, 11:42 AM

Wow, you are some kind-of hypocrit, telling people to stay on topic and then posting videos of corvettes.
I'm gonna try to find the video of my acceleration in my auto to compare to yours, or maybe ill just take a new one tomorrow.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by chillin014
Wow, you are some kind-of hypocrit, telling people to stay on topic and then posting videos of corvettes.
I'm gonna try to find the video of my acceleration in my auto to compare to yours, or maybe ill just take a new one tomorrow.
nope thats just dreaming, i can;t control what other people post so i was like might as well. Thats whats being a libra is a all about, can never decide on anything.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:54 AM

since were on the topic of bikes heres a run between a jet a porsche and a bike. the bike lost at the end,lol.
http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/11...e_versus_Plane
Old 07-06-2006, 12:21 PM

Supercharged maxima can outrun a jet, stfu kthx.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:19 PM

this thread will defn be goin i would like to see yours very much so! and i know it will be faster but i wonder by how mutch? Also i have a friend up away in a diffrient town and his setup with an I30, hes got a t28 turbo in it! So i wanna make a vid of his car and it would be a good comparo to you and also the classic battle of Supercharged vs. Turbocharged in the VQ30DE motor!

Ill have to talk to him this week!
Are you sure its a T28 is abit small for the mighty VQ, my pulsar had the t28 but I doubt its big enough.. Skyline GTR uses two T28's

My Automagic(stock+pod) with dead ks was > you!

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...5D4F6D0BF3.htm

[video was made for comparison purposes before I replaced KS - still seems quicker than your modded manual. Heck even my o/d was ON so probably changed to 4th before optimal]
Old 07-06-2006, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by killerVQ30DE
Are you sure its a T28 is abit small for the mighty VQ, my pulsar had the t28 but I doubt its big enough.. Skyline GTR uses two T28's

[video was made for comparison purposes before I replaced KS - still seems quicker than your modded manual. Heck even my o/d was ON so probably changed to 4th before optimal]
yeah well, that gauge cluster is in km. and man i wish i had one of those shift position selectors in my bezel.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:10 PM
Project Ruby......

I've witnessed a local Supra beat a bike. I'm not saying its not possible for a car to beat a bike. It's just very few and far between.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:29 PM

There are slow bikes guys...
Old 07-06-2006, 08:43 PM

can i get a pic under the hood because i do admit that was faster rpm climbing now that you guys got me all into it! Might it be that my engine is not getting enough air? i dont know but ill try something tommorow! Also i think it might be with my throttle body because i did unscrew the cables from the bracket. I will do that tommorow. So it might not be opening the buterfly valve up all the way

But yes you got me there, thnx for the video keep em coming guys its nice to see this stuff i think! And lets be nice to each other and try to help one another out! because in the end we all make mistakes and we all need help so thnx for pointing it out, i will try to fix it!
Here's the best pic I have under the hood:

Everything is stock except for the intake you see there, and FSTB. 139,XXX miles, 10w30 oil, that's about it. I bought it from Copart, cost about 3K total. Rebuilt title. I also cleaned my TB with seafoam, then did an oil change. Midpipe is from ebay, and filter is K&N.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:52 PM
Project Ruby......

Originally Posted by TreasureTrooper
I've already reported your a$$ once you should be gone shortly.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Wild for Width

TreasureTrooper- DIAF

AlpineGt66- Why don't you PM me what I should post next because this thread is so focused on the issue at hand, which is your slower than stock Max.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by killerVQ30DE

yea wtf dude, i was like 60 mph in first gear! and yea its a t28
Old 07-06-2006, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Fr33way
TreasureTrooper- DIAF

AlpineGt66- Why don't you PM me what I should post next because this thread is so focused on the issue at hand, which is your slower than stock Max.
ok, here is my question to you, why? I am using 91 octane

also lets see your video
Old 07-06-2006, 10:54 PM

Great.......now the forum is getting spammed by some kok-sucker named TreasureTrooper.

Old 07-07-2006, 10:53 AM
Wild for Width

ok, here is my question to you, why? I am using 91 octane

also lets see your video
Why would I shoot a video of a modded, although USIM'd Maxima? I wouldn't put up a video of something that most people couldn't give a damn about.

Someone does this every couple of months with a Max with just an intake or an exhaust, I think they forget that members of the site, that use this section, have the same car they do!
Old 07-07-2006, 11:22 AM
Back from the dead

FREE MONEY! No Information/Credit Card etc Needed, It's 100% Free. Must be 13 years of age in order to sign up. Get Free Money at: http://www.treasuretrooper.com/123090 If you don't believe me that's alright. Because it's not me losing out. ( http://www.treasuretrooper.com/123090 )
Old 07-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by RockfordMax
FREE MONEY! No Information/Credit Card etc Needed, It's 100% Free. Must be 13 years of age in order to sign up. Get Free Money at: http://www.treasuretrooper.com/123090 If you don't believe me that's alright. Because it's not me losing out. ( http://www.treasuretrooper.com/123090 )

Whoa! WTF is this sh#t?????
Old 07-07-2006, 12:02 PM
Back from the dead

dunno it was his reply to the video
Old 07-07-2006, 12:20 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by RockfordMax
dunno it was his reply to the video

should have quoted him, now it looks as if your spamming up the thread.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by 4DRSpeed
Good for you and the bike. Point is even with basic bolt ons your car doesn't look as quick as it should be. My auto when it had a ypipe, intake looked quicker than that. I also have a 5spd. With the basic bolt ons the manual car takes it by about car and half to two cars. But looking at your video my auto could have taken your 5spd out by 2 cars. Please go ahead bust out the bike and beat us Maxima owners. I'm sure chicks throw themselves left and right when they see you dust a 4 door on a bike.

Quite frankly you wasted your time filming that. If we wanted to watch the Maxima accelerate we'd get into our own car and stare at the tach/speedo and watch the fuel gauge drop as we floor it.
Hey man, sux for owners like me with the tach broken

I CANT SEE MY RPM!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2006, 06:33 PM

i think i figuired it out! I need an intake, since i did almost all the exhaust mods you could possibly do on a maxima i need an intake to work with it! Since today just sitting outside my house reving it up, i noticed that it revved up alot faster without the stock airbox on. So i bet a maxima is one of those cars where an intake actually does help with power! and oh yea i got the high rpm fixed, it was a stupid little screw on the thottle body, which was pushed a little to far in. Now what do you guys recommend for an intake that is effective, yet cheap at the same time, kind of like best bang for the buck type of stuff. I could care less abouth the brand!
the car was not getting enough airflow so in essense it was like stock, just like when reading about exhaust mods they say you get little improvment without a intake!