4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

9004 Narvas, where...?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2000, 06:14 PM

I can't find these damn bulbs, all the local shops sell blue bulbs. I'd rather not be driving on papa smurfs playland at night. I called courtesy and they no longer sell them. Any good webpages? Thanks

P.S. they are stock wattage and do not require a wiring harness correct?
Old 10-16-2000, 06:28 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yeah, they're stock. I had them, well, still do, sort of. One of my Narva bulbs died. I couldn't find a replacement so I got Wagner Xenon Britelites 9004's, otherwise known as the 9004BL's. They're just about as good. You can get 'em at any NAPA store.

DW

Originally posted by Nine7Max
I can't find these damn bulbs, all the local shops sell blue bulbs. I'd rather not be driving on papa smurfs playland at night. I called courtesy and they no longer sell them. Any good webpages? Thanks

P.S. they are stock wattage and do not require a wiring harness correct?
Old 10-16-2000, 08:06 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I did a side by side comparo between the wagners and the narvas. They aren't really the same. The wagners are yellower. I've had the wagners before too.. They are okay. Narvas are still better. But like you, one of mine blew. But thats after two years of use so thats fine. And now I can't find them either. So I'm back to running Cool Blues. I got them for 4.95 or something at autozone while they were having a sale.. Now I go back to autozone and see they are 14 dollars!! Geez.. Oh well.. =P

ZuM
Old 10-16-2000, 08:33 PM

Get the other bulbs instead...

If you can't find them then get the Sylvnia Cool Blues or Philips BlueVision instead. They are whiter and brighter than stock. They cost about $20.00 or less for a pair. You can find them at Autozone & pep boys or your local autostore. Of course if you don't mind spending more then the PIAA would be my recommendation!!

Ken
Old 10-16-2000, 09:06 PM

Originally posted by Nine7Max
I'd rather not be driving on papa smurfs playland at night.
Thats a good one
Old 10-16-2000, 10:55 PM
TommyBoiSxty9

~tom

Originally posted by ZuMBLe
I did a side by side comparo between the wagners and the narvas. They aren't really the same. The wagners are yellower. I've had the wagners before too.. They are okay. Narvas are still better. But like you, one of mine blew. But thats after two years of use so thats fine. And now I can't find them either. So I'm back to running Cool Blues. I got them for 4.95 or something at autozone while they were having a sale.. Now I go back to autozone and see they are 14 dollars!! Geez.. Oh well.. =P

ZuM
what are the ones in your headlights in yoru sig pic... they are very white looking thanks

Old 10-17-2000, 07:42 AM

Yeah?? How'd you do the comparison?? 2 cars side by side?? Was the difference really that appreciable? If so, that's cool. Then I'll go fish out my receipt and try to get the to get the Narva's back. I'd like to keep my spririted driving as safe (as possible) at night as well as the day. If I find the source for the Narva's, I'll post it here. I remember getting it from some way off-beat vendor. I found it by doing a multi-portal search for Narva and 9004.

DW

ZuM
Old 10-17-2000, 08:16 AM

Narva 9004s

I thunk it, then I did it. You can find the Narva bulbs here;

http://sportscar-parts.com/mivastore...ategory_Code=7

http://www.audiquattroparts.com/xenon.htm

Enjoy the ride!

DW

Originally posted by dwapenyi
Yeah?? How'd you do the comparison?? 2 cars side by side?? Was the difference really that appreciable? If so, that's cool. Then I'll go fish out my receipt and try to get the to get the Narva's back. I'd like to keep my spririted driving as safe (as possible) at night as well as the day. If I find the source for the Narva's, I'll post it here. I remember getting it from some way off-beat vendor. I found it by doing a multi-portal search for Narva and 9004.

DW

ZuM
Old 10-17-2000, 08:57 AM

Re: ~tom

The ones in the pic were the Narvas.

ZuM

Originally posted by TommyBoiSxty9

ZuM
what are the ones in your headlights in yoru sig pic... they are very white looking thanks
Old 10-17-2000, 09:00 AM

I don't know how scientificly shound my comparo was but what I did was drive my car close up to a wall.. About 3 feet.. Then I put a bulb in each housing and just turned them on.

ZuM

DW

ZuM
Old 10-17-2000, 09:04 AM

Re: Narva 9004s

Wow thanks! =) I think there was something back in the day about fakie Narvas. I'd go with the one on the Audi site. The ones I had before said Made In Germany one them. I'm gonna lay off them for now. I'm saving up for a VB upgrade..

ZuM

I thunk it, then I did it. You can find the Narva bulbs here;

http://sportscar-parts.com/mivastore...ategory_Code=7

http://www.audiquattroparts.com/xenon.htm

Enjoy the ride!

DW

DW

ZuM
Old 10-17-2000, 09:44 AM

Well, I can bet you one thing, the bulb on the right side won, right?? I think you'll find that the right side will always win, no matter what better or loser bulb you put in, because the federal spec for headlight has the left beam collapsing to the right. In other words, the reflectors aren't exactly the same inside the housing, hence both lights aren't facing exactly straight ahead.

DW

I don't know how scientificly shound my comparo was but what I did was drive my car close up to a wall.. About 3 feet.. Then I put a bulb in each housing and just turned them on.

ZuM

DW

ZuM
Old 10-17-2000, 11:03 AM

No, the one on the left won.. =) I don't think you're right about the reflectors being different.. They are just aimed different from the factory I think. I've reaimed all my lights to my liking.. =) So the left beam is actually more to the left or straight and the right mean is kinda on the outside.. So I have a slight dead spot smack in the middle.. But thats like 4 feet in front of my car. Like I look over there anyways. I can light that part up with my fogs.. =)

ZuM

Well, I can bet you one thing, the bulb on the right side won, right?? I think you'll find that the right side will always win, no matter what better or loser bulb you put in, because the federal spec for headlight has the left beam collapsing to the right. In other words, the reflectors aren't exactly the same inside the housing, hence both lights aren't facing exactly straight ahead.

DW

ZuM

DW

ZuM
Old 10-17-2000, 11:55 AM

So you can re-aim them, huh?? I was under the impression that these new lamp systems weren't that adjustable. You know what I'm doing when I get home;-) That lean to the right drives me crazy!

DW

No, the one on the left won.. =) I don't think you're right about the reflectors being different.. They are just aimed different from the factory I think. I've reaimed all my lights to my liking.. =) So the left beam is actually more to the left or straight and the right mean is kinda on the outside.. So I have a slight dead spot smack in the middle.. But thats like 4 feet in front of my car. Like I look over there anyways. I can light that part up with my fogs.. =)

ZuM

DW

ZuM

DW

ZuM
Old 10-17-2000, 12:03 PM

well..

I guess im stuck with philips for now, untill I save some loot for narva's. I hope they're better. I didnt even notice how white my lights were untill I drove my friends max with the stock bulbs.. they suck
Old 10-17-2000, 03:14 PM

Doesn't Courtesy still sell Narvas? I got mine a year ago from a place that I don't remember the name to, but the phone # is 1 (888) 673-3280. I highly recommend Narvas. Also, the reason that the left-side headlight is aimed toward the center of the road is to keep drivers on the other side of the road from being blinded. If you re-aim your headlights toward the left and then put super bright bulbs into them, don't be surprised when somebody crosses the center line on a two-lane road and hits you head-on. The right-side headlight is supposed to be aimed slightly to the right, also, to keep the side of the road illuminated.