4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Weapon-R Intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2001, 03:45 PM

Anybody have a Weapon-R Intake? Where did you order it from, and for how much $$? Any added power?
Old 07-07-2001, 07:05 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

hey

I was gonna get a weapon-r intake...they look sweet! But, I ended up passing on it..The weapon-r's filter is made outta foam...'hear its nothing but trouble especially if that foam breaks apart and gets into your engine...
I went with a generic Cone shaped filter. havent put it on YET, but am anxious ! (hasnt come in yet). It was about 1/4 the price of the Weapon-R filter and intake.
Hope this helps !
Old 07-07-2001, 08:15 PM

I have the new Dragon INtake from Weapon-R and I can honestly say that it is a great intake. I really can feel a big difference!!! I have heard people say bad things about Weapon-R but so far none of them have actually had the Weapon-R product they are just saying what they heard. The dragon filter is made of foam but you can buy replacement pieces and if you take care of it, its not going to break into pieces and go into your engine. So speaking from personal experience I highly recommend the Dragon Intake I could feel a big difference in performance and it sounds great. Just my opinion though. Take Care
Old 07-07-2001, 08:20 PM

Originally posted by SB97MAX
I have the new Dragon INtake from Weapon-R and I can honestly say that it is a great intake. I really can feel a big difference!!! I have heard people say bad things about Weapon-R but so far none of them have actually had the Weapon-R product they are just saying what they heard. The dragon filter is made of foam but you can buy replacement pieces and if you take care of it, its not going to break into pieces and go into your engine. So speaking from personal experience I highly recommend the Dragon Intake I could feel a big difference in performance and it sounds great. Just my opinion though. Take Care

Hey...I'm glad it works for you! I didn't mean to offend anyone, and I dont think I did...just speaking what i kno. If you have any pic's please email me some I'm still curious about weapon-r !!
Old 07-07-2001, 08:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I've got mine on the way

Yeah, some pics of it on your maxima would be nice
Old 07-07-2001, 08:53 PM

Re: I've got mine on the way

Originally posted by klubjunkee

Yeah, some pics of it on your maxima would be nice
Ill get some pics of it here soon. It looks really good! Craig Mack, you didnt offend me, dont worry about it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I was just trying to point out that I really think it is a great product. Take Care
Old 07-07-2001, 10:25 PM

The reason I like the Weapon-R Dragon intake is because 1)it looks good, 2)supposed to sound deeper than a JWT or Stillen. 3)direct airflow better than the JWT or Stillen. 4)I dont have to drill a hole in my engine bay. However I dont care to much for the filter itself, I would just get a K&N cone to replace it. Check out a pic I found on a post from a couple months ago...
Old 07-07-2001, 10:27 PM

Re: Re: I've got mine on the way

Ill get some pics of it here soon. It looks really good! Craig Mack, you didnt offend me, dont worry about it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I was just trying to point out that I really think it is a great product. Take Care

Yeah...its all good. I was gonna buy one of these intakes but was shooed away and partly cuzz I dont have the $$ right now. (I know, broke as a ho) But anyways seriously bro, post some pics and let us know how it holds up for u!!! I Got myne from www.projectimport.com I hear its a great design for air flow, but creates too much jagged HP. heres a pic of it if u wanna see it copy C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\BCQ0BOXU\coneint[1].jpeg O well we'll see! peAceOuT
Old 07-07-2001, 10:34 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Even if the foam breaks, which won't, it will be stopped by the MAF screen.

Dave
Old 07-07-2001, 11:07 PM

Originally posted by Dave B
Even if the foam breaks, which won't, it will be stopped by the MAF screen.

Dave
Good point DaveB that is right. My Weapon-R intake looks just like the one that is show in the link except my tubbing or hoses are a silver color instead of black, I think that makes it look a lot better. I also have a Super Matrix Breather from Weapon-R that makes the engine look a little better. Ill get some pics here soon. Take Care