4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

HID for cheap

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 11:23 AM
.org window licker

HID for cheap

i know that everyone has been looking for a set of HID's for cheep that come with a good warranty and look and work well
i have found them i am trying to get the orders ready but i am just here today to see what the feekback would b on them
they will go for 125 shipped for the single beam and for the bi-xenon (dual high/low) they are 185 shipped
now they warranty is for 14 months and i have these on my car i will take pix of them and the setup for all to see
once again this is just a test thread so no paypal yet just post up on here if u are interested so that i can give my guy a count on how many and maybe we can get the price lower
thanks
-Jared
Old 03-27-2007, 12:09 PM

What kelvin HIDs?
Old 03-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I need one set of bi-xeon for 6K for Mercedes projector housing.
thanks
Old 03-27-2007, 12:47 PM
Sittin' On Chrome

I might be interested.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:40 PM

is this guy "mydepot"

ebay SN "flashplus"

I'm interested in 1 or 2 kits pending on prices. Well actually i am getting aleast 1 kit but i'll wait and see how this turns out. SHOW PICTURES
Old 03-27-2007, 10:03 PM
.org window licker

Originally Posted by TurTLe*
is this guy "mydepot"

ebay SN "flashplus"

I'm interested in 1 or 2 kits pending on prices. Well actually i am getting aleast 1 kit but i'll wait and see how this turns out. SHOW PICTURES
yes it is....

also in response to other questions all kelvin and all bulb size, as for pictures my car is getting the bumpers painted right now and as soon as i get it out of the shop (hopefully tomm) i will take pix of daytime as well as nighttime

thanks
-Jared
Old 03-27-2007, 10:17 PM

there is a negative to this tho. any failure of bulb/ballast or anything means you have to ship to CHINA. never shipped there no idea on prices.

i've been looking at him too. Just like every other HID seller on there he has 90%+ feedback. HID do fail right out the box no matter who makes them.

any and all pictures would be great. i'm still thinking of getting it thru them. a GB would be great if you can get it cheaper
Old 03-27-2007, 10:38 PM

this is a direct response to the topic "hid for cheap"
if you guys can get me a large amount of order i can get you a set just like mydepot guy and i can do $120 shipped for any beam and $175 shipped for bi-xenon with 14 month warranty and we are located in the states. These are not the Techone HID kit i am curenty selling right now.

The kit mydepot is selling is one of the cheapest quality kit possible on the market, failuar rate is 4-5 out of 10. I can get a better kit for a bit cheaper.

However they are not compareable with the techone hid's

this is just for people who can't afford or don't want to spend $210 hid's

Regards
jason
Old 03-27-2007, 10:45 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey Automax, I've been trying to get a hold of you via pm, but I can't seem to PM you since I'm a new member. I'm interested in purchasing an HID kit from you, so please contact me at xbit81@hotmail.com
Old 03-27-2007, 10:46 PM

jason, is there a site or review of comparison of HID kits.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:02 PM

I am working on it =)
we are going to compare 3 kits,
techone hid and other 2 kits that range from $120-$160

I should have everything updated by this thursday.
and in the main time you can check out our water test demo at www.tech1hid.com
Our techone kit is 100% watter proof

e-mail send gogi

thanks
jason
Old 03-28-2007, 08:38 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

subscribing to monitor.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:53 PM
.org window licker

i will have pix up tomm i just got off work and very tired
Old 03-29-2007, 09:28 AM

I might be interested, but that depends on how the kit compares to other kits. When the pictures are posted, could you also post the specs and details of the kit as well? Thanks
Old 04-01-2007, 10:19 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by AuToMaX_95
if you guys can get me a large amount of order i can get you a set just like mydepot guy and i can do $120 shipped for any beam and $175 shipped for bi-xenon with 14 month warranty and we are located in the states. These are not the Techone HID kit i am curenty selling right now.

The kit mydepot is selling is one of the cheapest quality kit possible on the market, failuar rate is 4-5 out of 10. I can get a better kit for a bit cheaper.

Regards
jason
Jason,

Any updates?
Old 04-01-2007, 02:18 PM
.org window licker

Originally Posted by AuToMaX_95

Regards
jason
since u have been a org member for some time why havent u offered this before. peeps have been looking for this for some time and have had to go to other sellers
why offer now....
but if you are offering it for the price and since you are local please post again and show us what you are offering
Old 04-01-2007, 02:42 PM

^ he has been. he posted his GB on the techones for $210 or close to that. But that is his good stuff i guess. And he has this lower end stuff that is selling now i guess.

we have like 3-4 guys selling HID kits in the GB, techone, helios, i dont recall the others off the top of my head. none priced at 120 but a lot of them have some type of 1 year warranty if not lifetime and all of them are in the US.

personally i rather get a kit from someone in the US paying a little bit more, simply cause if something goes wrong the downtime of shipping is a whole lot faster. People are a little easier to track down in the US then overseas. Worst case scenarios of course.

personally i'm holding out for a person the in US that sells a 9007-2 KIT =P therefore i have a halogen highbeam. yea it makes no diffrence but i rather have something in my highs then nothing .
Old 04-02-2007, 12:59 PM
.org window licker

aye i have a bi-xenon from the company i am trying to get peeps interested in both high and low HID is nice and no he has never offered a kit for this price, yea yea i might sound like a cheep *** but if the product holds the same warranty as the $210 dollar kit than it means something, considering that warranty derives off of when the failures will start happening.... so if a product say brakes at 1 year and 6 months on average they choose "14 months" so that they cover it, now if they break b for that than u tend to think of them as a good company for honoring there product, damn i wish i didnt live in a society where they expected all products to last forever! everything mechanical will break!!!!!!!
-Jared
Old 04-03-2007, 12:11 AM

If you want to learn more about HID, how it works, and what's best for your car, sign up here:

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/

Stay away from the bi-xenon HID kits. The 9004 and 9007 are dual filament bulbs so they have a filament for low beam and a separate filament for high beam. A D2S bulb is what HID kit manufacturers rebase to fit a 9004 or 9007 housing and the D2S bulb has only one arc. Usually the arc is aligned to match the focal point of the low beam, so in order to generate a high beam, HID kit manufacturers get creative. Either they add a halogen filament to create a high beam or design a version of a movable sheild to distribute light to mimic a high beam. Neither works well and tends to fail rather quickly, but if you want to be a guinea pig, by all means go try it. After all it's your car and your money...

Oh, as for the claimed warranties... warranties don't mean jack if the company goes out of business six months down the road. You should stay away from all these new pop-up companies that you've never heard of and as for all the people that swear by HID kits... these people could just be the vendors trying to push their product, the only real way to get a clear recommendation is to either use it yourself or personally know someone who's used it.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by FantasyGod
If you want to learn more about HID, how it works, and what's best for your car, sign up here:

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/

Stay away from the bi-xenon HID kits. The 9004 and 9007 are dual filament bulbs so they have a filament for low beam and a separate filament for high beam. A D2S bulb is what HID kit manufacturers rebase to fit a 9004 or 9007 housing and the D2S bulb has only one arc. Usually the arc is aligned to match the focal point of the low beam, so in order to generate a high beam, HID kit manufacturers get creative. Either they add a halogen filament to create a high beam or design a version of a movable sheild to distribute light to mimic a high beam. Neither works well and tends to fail rather quickly, but if you want to be a guinea pig, by all means go try it. After all it's your car and your money...

Oh, as for the claimed warranties... warranties don't mean jack if the company goes out of business six months down the road. You should stay away from all these new pop-up companies that you've never heard of and as for all the people that swear by HID kits... these people could just be the vendors trying to push their product, the only real way to get a clear recommendation is to either use it yourself or personally know someone who's used it.

a lot of true information there. that is what a lot of guys do on ebay. they offer 3 year warranty on radar's and change their name and title every 8 months or so. same people but they claim to be completely diffrent. i've been down that road before. but something without looking into warranty. think of it as a freebie that you dont need. if your stuff breaks and they warranty great if they dont aleast you wont be disappointed. its very easy for a company to change their names and run.