4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

wheels feel like butter, need better handling??

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2001, 01:59 PM

i just bought a 95 maxima se and has really good handling or so i thought when i took a corner a little to fast, the car got very loose and fealt like i had four blocks of ice for tires, i did not skid but somehow i drifter a couple feet, i pulled out of it just fine but my confidence was shot, i have 225's on 15 inch rims should i get bigger rims? is there any cheaper way to get better handling? maybe iam just a bad driver, any tips on how to take corners better would be appreciated, thanks for any responses

all over the road in mass
Jesse
Old 07-10-2001, 02:06 PM

Originally posted by levine
i just bought a 95 maxima se and has really good handling or so i thought when i took a corner a little to fast, the car got very loose and fealt like i had four blocks of ice for tires, i did not skid but somehow i drifter a couple feet, i pulled out of it just fine but my confidence was shot, i have 225's on 15 inch rims should i get bigger rims? is there any cheaper way to get better handling? maybe iam just a bad driver, any tips on how to take corners better would be appreciated, thanks for any responses

all over the road in mass
Jesse
Get a front strut tower brace and a rear sway bar, will make your car handle 10 times better...
Old 07-10-2001, 02:08 PM

how much does that cost?
Old 07-10-2001, 02:17 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

RE: Better Handling...

In handling, the best bang for the buck would DEFINITELY be a Front Strut Tower Brace (FSTB). I am doubtful there is a single unhappy customer with this product. It is VERY easy to install (do-it-yourself), and hold the front end of the car tight together, for less tilt and roll. The most reknown is the Stillen one, which is WAY overpriced. Many companies offer FSTBs just as good as these for less tha half the price. If you want better handling, I highly reccommend you purchase this product. Sorry I cannot give you a direct link, but if you go to www.stillen.com , select you car and then look under the Suspension Section, you will see it there for around $206. I don't suggest you buy this, but atleast you can get a better feel for the product. Just trying to help.