4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

12 lb., 17" Rims...why are they soooo cheep ??????

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2001, 07:29 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Hey. Im talking about a set (4) of Brand new 17" Katana Python Racing rims. it's on ebay, theres only 13 hours left in the auction, thers no bids, and the price is at 315.00 !!!!!!!!!!! The guy told me their only 12 pounds each....Riiiiiiiiiight.

That's just not normal. Here's the Item # to type into ebays search engine that'll take you directly to the wheels. 593137098

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...item=593137098
Old 07-11-2001, 08:34 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

RE: Katana Python Racing Wheels...

Those can't be 12 pounds each. Racing Hart CP-035 wheels are THE LIGHTEST 17" wheels. They weigh 13.4 pounds each - this is really the only reason I bought them. I'm not saying the Katanas are not nice, but they can't be the weight he says, so be careful with the a**hole. Just trying to help.
Old 07-11-2001, 09:01 PM

Re: RE: Katana Python Racing Wheels...

Originally posted by Vyrus
Those can't be 12 pounds each. Racing Hart CP-035 wheels are THE LIGHTEST 17" wheels. They weigh 13.4 pounds each - this is really the only reason I bought them. I'm not saying the Katanas are not nice, but they can't be the weight he says, so be careful with the a**hole. Just trying to help.

You are right. When the guy e-mailed me and said this, it just made me mad. He's got no feedback, and is clearly dis-honest. But damn it is set CHEAP. And their 42mm offset. So I just played it safe about bought some Konig Caffeine 17x7's...but damn this guy is selling these wheels and some others dirt cheep...proly a scam.
Old 07-11-2001, 09:14 PM

RE: Katana Python Racing Wheels...

Yeah...dont you love those katana COBRA racing wheels (you know there's a reason its cobra instead of python The offset wouldn't work either without a camber adjustment kit. and how is he selling so many so cheap? I wouldn't be suprised if they were cheap a** 30-pound (maybe 12 pounds per lug nut pure steel imitations. whatever, it doesnt really concern me - just trying to help.
Old 07-11-2001, 09:23 PM

I find it hard to believe that Racing Hart is only 12 pounds in a 17 inch rim. I know thats the "official weight from the website", have you weighed them? I'm just curious. My Volk TE-37s are 15 pounds (17x8)...

I'm curious if that weight is accurate, thanks!

don
Old 07-11-2001, 09:26 PM

Re: RE: Katana Python Racing Wheels...

]You could be absolutely right. Ive never heard of the pythons, and he provides NO Information on 'em. But anyways screw 'em they don't concern us anyways.

Hey Vyrus you have some light-*** wheels. They are quality to. But what do you think of the one's im gettin ? (Konig Caffeine 17x7) Their 19 Lbs. each, which is considered good for speed. Not comparable to yours, but still worth the 421.00 ? I Think so...(421.00 for a set of 4 of these w/ 2 spare tires...God bless ebay )
Old 07-11-2001, 09:35 PM

RE: Konig Caffines...

Thanks for the comment on my wheels. I've seen those Caffines before and I think they look awesome (really technical looking race wheels). I didn't even they were that light - 19 lbs. is damn light considering the industry standard is 22.0. And $421??? DAMN WHAT A F**KING DEAL! I paid $2300 for my wheels and tires (but they weren't from an auction house - my mistake). Don in Texas: I'm not sure what the Racing Hart website said, but I know that these weigh in a 13.4 pounds (I would never believe they were 12). These are nice, but I would have liked wider wheels - they are 17"x7", and I would have liked 17"x8.5". Oh well. For racing/weight purposes, you have to sacrafice looks a little. Just trying to help.
Old 07-11-2001, 09:50 PM

Re: RE: Konig Caffines...

Originally posted by Vyrus
Thanks for the comment on my wheels. I've seen those Caffines before and I think they look awesome (really technical looking race wheels). I didn't even they were that light - 19 lbs. is damn light considering the industry standard is 22.0. And $421??? DAMN WHAT A F**KING DEAL! I paid $2300 for my wheels and tires (but they weren't from an auction house - my mistake). Don in Texas: I'm not sure what the Racing Hart website said, but I know that these weigh in a 13.4 pounds (I would never believe they were 12). These are nice, but I would have liked wider wheels - they are 17"x7", and I would have liked 17"x8.5". Oh well. For racing/weight purposes, you have to sacrafice looks a little. Just trying to help.
Yup. Sweet, I think they look sweet too. Well, according to Konig Website, Caff. 17x7's are 19 lbs., and caff. 17x8's are like 20.9 Lbs. Yea I got it for that cheep cuzz one wheel has like 2 quarter size scratches, and another's outer part "wheel lip" is slighly dented. I have pics of 'em if you wanted to look at 'em.

2300.00...wow. your wheels are kick-@***, but that's still a pretty penny. But all local tire/wheel places charge alot for wheels/tires.
Old 07-11-2001, 10:12 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Thats gotta be straight bull****

the KATANA brand is one of those bite off brands, they take other popular style of rim and create their own, such as the Racing Hart C5's (one of the nicest looking rims ever made ) They do not use aluminum cast or forged aluminum or whatever else light material, because if they did, rim would cost a LOT more... Katanas are biteoffs... I've heard people say Konigs are biteoffs too.... LMAO @ 12 lb 17" Katana rim. Some lightweight rims are made by Volk, RH, Mugen, OZ racing.... few others... My 16s weigh 15.5 lbs
Old 07-11-2001, 10:24 PM

Re: Thats gotta be straight bull****

Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa
the KATANA brand is one of those bite off brands, they take other popular style of rim and create their own, such as the Racing Hart C5's (one of the nicest looking rims ever made ) They do not use aluminum cast or forged aluminum or whatever else light material, because if they did, rim would cost a LOT more... Katanas are biteoffs... I've heard people say Konigs are biteoffs too.... LMAO @ 12 lb 17" Katana rim. Some lightweight rims are made by Volk, RH, Mugen, OZ racing.... few others... My 16s weigh 15.5 lbs
Yea...good thing I didn't buy 'em. Konig, Knock-off's ?? Naaaaaaah. They are too big/widely recognized company to be selling cheep ****. People would start sayin' so. Plus they look like quality wheels. www.konigwheels.com it even shows how much the wheels weigh....I've heard nothing but average-great things about them...