4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

V1 SC vs. V2SC - Which is better?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2001, 07:34 AM

I already PM'd you about this. In case you didn't get it, if you have any left, I'll take one right now. Just let me know how you accept payment. Thanks.

Originally posted by SB97MAX

I will probably be at the Meet in Denver so anyone who wants one can pay me there. 1/3there2/3ToGo has already paid me and has his on the way. Any of you other Colorado members that want one can talk to me on Sunday, ill save some for my fellow Colorado members. That leaves a few left for the first responses I get. Take Care
Old 07-26-2001, 07:51 AM

CAN I HAVE ONE!!!!

Originally posted by SB97MAX

I will probably be at the Meet in Denver so anyone who wants one can pay me there. 1/3there2/3ToGo has already paid me and has his on the way. Any of you other Colorado members that want one can talk to me on Sunday, ill save some for my fellow Colorado members. That leaves a few left for the first responses I get. Take Care

If you have one, can I get it?
I'll pay you cash...or send money order...
I'll drive out there if I have to.
I WANT...I WANT...!!!!
Old 07-26-2001, 08:34 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Show me a pic

And I will pay 1200.... How about that?
Old 07-26-2001, 08:54 AM

are you guys anywhere close to Golden?
Old 07-26-2001, 09:29 AM

after the colorado people get theirs, what u have left should be put on ebay bc there would be a lot of fighting for it, but on ebay the price would skyrocket, so you could do a buy it now for 1000 and first to see it wins
Old 07-26-2001, 09:39 AM

Gentlemen, a word of caution. While I am a tremendous fan of the V1 SC (see sig), it is worthwhile to mention a few things.

If the facts here are true as stated, this price represents about one-third of what the shop paid for the kit (i.e., about $3000). Warning bells should go off when you hear about a deal that seems to be too good to be true.

Keep in mind how much the install will cost you. If you are not handy enough to DIY, you will want to find someone qualified and/or experienced with installing this kit. Even experienced shops have run into problems installing them.

If you are buying a kit from a shop that is out of business, you will have little or no recourse if the kit is incomplete, defective, or otherwise irritating to you. This is not a dig against the shop, friends of the owners or previous customers that have posted previously in this thread but it is a fact of doing business.

Also, V1 kits, while less-problematic than V2 kits, will need some attention/maintenance in the future. Be prepared to hunt down parts and support yourself in the future.

Stillen is not exactly playing nice with it's customers and resellers these days and if you are forced to deal with them at any point, they might make you sad. Just do a forum search on 'Stillen' and see what kind of feedback has been posted here.

Buyer beware. But, if all works out as expected, then enjoy! You can't beat boost.

Jim
Old 07-26-2001, 10:03 AM

Guys, Guys, take it easy....

C'mon, just think if this makes any sense. What performance shop is going to stock 5 supercharger kits for a Maxima at one time???? That's like $15000 worth of product that will move at 1/100th the speed of Civic exhausts. I doubt Stillen has many more than 5 complete kits right now. And if the remote chance this place did stock 5 kits, don't you think we would have heard of them?

These kits retail for around $3500 (the S/C alone is worth $1700). Again, I can't imagine anyone with the financial wherewithall to buy 5 kits would be dumb enough to "blow them out" for $700, $800 or whatever.

I hate to be so down on this thread (I'd like one myself!), but it seems totally ridiculous. I'd proceed with extreme caution.

I hope no one takes this personally, but you have to admit, it sounds like a fairy tale.....
Old 07-26-2001, 10:11 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

I'd be interested in buying a kit.
Old 07-26-2001, 10:16 AM

is this just the Supercharger and not the complete kit? That makes more sense, if the SC is worth $1700 and they are selling it for $1000, then it does if the Full kit is worth $3500 and they are selling it at $1000. Just in case it is just the Super Charger and not the full kit, can the kit be purchased seperately and for how much?
Old 07-26-2001, 10:26 AM

I emailed and was told that this is for the entire V1 kit.
Old 07-26-2001, 10:27 AM

lets get some more feedback on that price, if its true it would be worth getting one
Old 07-26-2001, 11:50 PM

yeah...ill be checkin on mine on sunday.....bet cha you guys wished you lived in Co...Maybe we all wont buy one on sunday..and there will be some left for you...HAHA
Old 07-27-2001, 12:29 AM

Originally posted by JJW95SC
Gentlemen, a word of caution. While I am a tremendous fan of the V1 SC (see sig), it is worthwhile to mention a few things.

If the facts here are true as stated, this price represents about one-third of what the shop paid for the kit (i.e., about $3000). Warning bells should go off when you hear about a deal that seems to be too good to be true.

Keep in mind how much the install will cost you. If you are not handy enough to DIY, you will want to find someone qualified and/or experienced with installing this kit. Even experienced shops have run into problems installing them.

If you are buying a kit from a shop that is out of business, you will have little or no recourse if the kit is incomplete, defective, or otherwise irritating to you. This is not a dig against the shop, friends of the owners or previous customers that have posted previously in this thread but it is a fact of doing business.

Also, V1 kits, while less-problematic than V2 kits, will need some attention/maintenance in the future. Be prepared to hunt down parts and support yourself in the future.

Stillen is not exactly playing nice with it's customers and resellers these days and if you are forced to deal with them at any point, they might make you sad. Just do a forum search on 'Stillen' and see what kind of feedback has been posted here.

Buyer beware. But, if all works out as expected, then enjoy! You can't beat boost.

Jim
Ha ha, I knew a few posts like this would pop up. 1/3there2/3toGo, this is why they didnt want this out on the board. I bought mine from him and you were lucky enoug to be in the right place at the right time but you shouldnt have let this out because you knew it would probably cause some trouble. Its ok though because most people dont have to worry about it because im sure they will all be sold at the meet Sunday in Denver. SB97MAX, correct me if im wrong but he doesnt have the SC's in stock does he? I waited a week for mine to be ordered and he said it came from Texas. I think he just has connections, I dont think he actually has them in stock. Again Correct me if I am wrong. Oh well im happy I ordered mine from him and am happy to say that not only did I get it but he also installed it and did a great job. Later
Old 07-27-2001, 01:07 AM

Originally posted by ZWW21

Ha ha, I knew a few posts like this would pop up. 1/3there2/3toGo, this is why they didnt want this out on the board. I bought mine from him and you were lucky enoug to be in the right place at the right time but you shouldnt have let this out because you knew it would probably cause some trouble. Its ok though because most people dont have to worry about it because im sure they will all be sold at the meet Sunday in Denver. SB97MAX, correct me if im wrong but he doesnt have the SC's in stock does he? I waited a week for mine to be ordered and he said it came from Texas. I think he just has connections, I dont think he actually has them in stock. Again Correct me if I am wrong. Oh well im happy I ordered mine from him and am happy to say that not only did I get it but he also installed it and did a great job. Later
Yeah, I realized later that night that I should have never put the $ on this thread. Oh well, hind site is 20/20. I didnt mean to get peoples hopes up nor to evoke emotions that cannot be quelled by a "sorry, I ran out". Thats my bad. And for the sceptics, I will post a pic after I have mine installed after I get back from vacation in mid August. You will see that this is for real, but your advise is appropriate and needed to be stated, most of the things like this are fake, this one is for real.

K
Old 07-27-2001, 02:26 AM

The price for the SC has gone up to $1500 due to the excessive demand for the 5 SC's. The people who will be at the Colorado meet on sunday will have first dibs. Any left overs will be sold to the first ones who replied to SB97MAX about them. Neither SB97 nor myself has control over the price of these SC's, we are the "middle men"(if you will) connecting the buyers(you guys) with the seller. We will make no money for doing this. These are complete kits for V1 Stillen Superchargers. They are new and in unopened boxes. They are not at any one shop, but rather at several ones and will be shipped to those who are lucky enough to order one.

Kirk
Old 07-27-2001, 06:58 AM

Originally posted by Dusky
are you guys anywhere close to Golden?
I go to Mines, are you in Golden?
Old 07-27-2001, 07:25 AM

I might be a little late but i want one. Ill pay one of you colorado boys to get it for me.
Old 07-27-2001, 10:16 AM

WTF? How can you say the price was $1000 and then you're going to say $1500 all of a sudden? Why don't you put them on ebay then if you're going to do that.
Old 07-27-2001, 11:01 AM

Originally posted by SWEETSOUND2001
WTF? How can you say the price was $1000 and then you're going to say $1500 all of a sudden? Why don't you put them on ebay then if you're going to do that.
Because dude, this is bull****. They are trying to scam us. My friend talked to em about buying one, then told him he was going to drive out from Califorina and he mysteriously sold the last one. THis is a scam. watch out people!!!
Old 07-27-2001, 11:17 PM

We'll have to wait it out. I was informed today that I was one of the first people to contact him, so I could get one. I'm just waiting to see if anyone in the CO meet actually gets one to find out if this is legit. So far, he's been really good about responding to all emails. But this deal does seem too good to be true, so we'll just have to see.

Originally posted by cRedrum

Because dude, this is bull****. They are trying to scam us. My friend talked to em about buying one, then told him he was going to drive out from Califorina and he mysteriously sold the last one. THis is a scam. watch out people!!!
Old 07-27-2001, 11:20 PM

Bull $#it! This is not a scam! Hey, if you feel like it is, dont try to buy one, that will just be your loss. The next person in line will take your SC! Who did your friend contact? It wasnt me, was it SB97MAX? or ZWW21? Who did he talk to? As for the price increase - here is the full story. SB97MAX's friend who is the one getting the SC's used up a major favor by getting these extra 5 SC's and due to the fact that demand is so high he decided that he couldnt sell them for less than $1500. Im only the messenger, dont beat me up for letting you know it changed! Again, if you are that sceptical that this is a hoax I will make sure I get pics of all the SC's in the cars we sell them to. SB97MAX and myself, and who ever else from colorado that buys one I will post pics of them after they are shipped and installed. If you dont like paying less than 1/2 price for a Stillen V1 SC that is your problem, but the price is $1500.

K
Old 07-28-2001, 01:00 AM

I will my #5 spot to the first person that emails me. $50

sweetsound2001@hotmail.com

Anton
Old 07-28-2001, 01:06 AM

Originally posted by SWEETSOUND2001
I will my #5 spot to the first person that emails me. $50

sweetsound2001@hotmail.com

Anton
Hahaha, I see your point, but how do you know your #5? What makes you think we will have all 5 left over after the meet on sunday?

Kirk
Old 07-28-2001, 01:13 AM

Dude, where are you getting your info? I talked to SB97MAX who purchased one himself, he said that he nor his buddy ever told anyone anything about selling the last one. Just because you dont get one doesnt mean you need to be a dip **** about it. Besides, after I told him about your post he says he is selling the to people in COLORADO ONLY. Later
Old 07-28-2001, 01:37 AM

Dude, where are you getting your info? I talked to SB97MAX who purchased one himself, he said that he nor his buddy ever told anyone anything about selling the last one. Just because you dont get one doesnt mean you need to be a dip **** about it. Besides, after I told him about your post he says he is selling the to people in COLORADO ONLY. Later
Well its official now. Due to the scepticism of the members who posted here the SC's are for Colorado members only. I know some of you will now say "I told you so" but you are wrong! I will, as I said earlier, take pics of as many SC's as I can and post them in about a month(after we all get them installed). Then you can thank the @ssho**s on here who ****ed up this deal for you guys.

Kirk
Old 07-28-2001, 05:07 AM

dam

that was quick....i live in kansas i should have just drove up....oh well mabey hell will freeze over and stealinallourcash....sorry....Stillen will cut everyone a break....anyone know were the stillen plant is for 1500 a sc we could get together and stillen them ourselves....

the preceding message is not an offer nor a fact please do not try this at home!
Old 07-28-2001, 07:56 AM

Well, I just got an email from the seller stating he was selling to CO members only now because of some BS. That sucks considering one of his "middlemen" already told me I could get one. Oh well.
Old 07-28-2001, 08:03 AM

I'm not really sure how the non-CO people were supposed to get them anyway??? I e-mailed numerous times that I was interested in at least 1. All I ever got back was, cash only, do you want the details! I would then say yes and then I would get a response of we only take cash. I would say thats great, how do you want it? Do I need to hand deliver it? can I wire it? but I just kept getting the same type of responses, never the details. So, out of curiosity, what were the details for the non-CO people? Did it need to be hand delivered?

and, as far as being bugged to much, you kind of brought it on yourself. If you would have gave out some type of list as to who was in 1st-10th to get what was left over after the CO boys got there's, you would have had a lot less confusion and therefore pestering! Good luck CO with the purchases, I hope you enjoy them. Oh ya, what if they still all don't get sold this weekend?
Old 07-28-2001, 08:54 AM
sharrisct25

I am in the market for a V1

Oh man your gonna enjoy that SC. I just had mine installed a week ago. Mine is a V1 SC by the way. This baby is SWEET!!!!! Better than I ever imagined. The V1 has far less problems than the V2, I had a friend back in Kansas that had a V2 and was constantly having problems with it. Arent you from COlorado? I live in Denver, where did you get your SC, too bad you already ordered it because I know a guy in CO that can get a pretty good deal on them. Good Luck and Enjoy!!!!! Later
In mass but mail is good.. need all the parts so if you got a connection HOOK ME UP man ??

Thanks

Old 07-28-2001, 09:57 PM

Originally posted by Dusky
I'm not really sure how the non-CO people were supposed to get them anyway??? I e-mailed numerous times that I was interested in at least 1. All I ever got back was, cash only, do you want the details! I would then say yes and then I would get a response of we only take cash. I would say thats great, how do you want it? Do I need to hand deliver it? can I wire it? but I just kept getting the same type of responses, never the details. So, out of curiosity, what were the details for the non-CO people? Did it need to be hand delivered?

and, as far as being bugged to much, you kind of brought it on yourself. If you would have gave out some type of list as to who was in 1st-10th to get what was left over after the CO boys got there's, you would have had a lot less confusion and therefore pestering! Good luck CO with the purchases, I hope you enjoy them. Oh ya, what if they still all don't get sold this weekend?
You probably just got a cookie cutter reply, but I dont know how you guys would send cash to him. Maybe at ups and ensure it for the ammount of money inside? If we dont sell them all I will see what I can do as far as if he will go ahead and sell them to out of state guys or not. It only took a few guys to ruin it for all of you, I will let him know that and see what will happen. I know that 2 will be sold for sure tomorrow, another 2 might be sold. This leaves 1-3. If they are not sold and he will sell to out of state guys I will post his email and the price and how many are left. I will also ask SB97 to send him the list of who was first and who was second, etc.

Kirk
Old 07-28-2001, 11:20 PM

i admire u guys for dealing with some of this crap. and everyone who has been understanding i admire u too. some times a good deal is so hard to believe that you dont act upon it. ive been there good luck to all and if u wanna race me lets race )
Old 07-29-2001, 07:25 AM
sharrisct25

Alright I want one

In my eyes a deal is good until proven bad.. So lets rock this what do I have to do fly out? Is this a personal sale? What about paypal that is almost as good as cash or is the cash deal for IRS reasons. As for sending plain old cash wester union is the best way. Also I got family in CO does that count..

No bull man if this is real I got the money and I am ready to go..

Email me give me a phone number or something I will work it out with you / him.. What does he want for them?

Thanks

Old 07-30-2001, 01:50 AM

Sorry

Sorry but all 5 SC's were sold today at the Colorado meet.

Kirk
Old 07-30-2001, 02:50 AM
Mad-Max96se5spd

Re: Sorry

Originally posted by 1/3There2/3ToGo
Sorry but all 5 SC's were sold today at the Colorado meet.

Kirk
But you said that if anybody wanted anymore that the price would be 1500.......i am willing to pay the 1500$....i can have the money wired to u...u have seen the comercial western union fastest way to do business

Old 07-30-2001, 11:05 AM

Re: Sorry

Hey 1/3 2/3 to go, man fix your signature or something, its like a damn novel (taken from theblue)
Old 07-30-2001, 10:19 PM

Re: Re: Sorry

Hey 1/3 2/3 to go, man fix your signature or something, its like a damn novel (taken from theblue)
Ok, I'll try to make it into a series of books for your entertainment. Let me know what story line you want for Volume 2.

K
Old 07-31-2001, 08:16 AM

Re: Re: Re: Sorry

Originally posted by 1/3There2/3ToGo

Ok, I'll try to make it into a series of books for your entertainment. Let me know what story line you want for Volume 2.

K
"If speed kills, do brakes give life?"
"Speed Kills - Drive a Honda and live forever"
"Powered by Honda - I eat them for breakfast!"
"When I start my car I want my neighbors to think the world is comming to an end!" ??

lol
Old 07-31-2001, 01:40 PM

Hey 1/3there2/3togo. Answer your e-mails Dude !!!
Old 07-31-2001, 01:50 PM

Originally posted by Tmeyers
Hey 1/3there2/3togo. Answer your e-mails Dude !!!
hey Torren...you do the same ....
Old 07-31-2001, 05:19 PM

Sorry mate, I only check them at night unless my rents arent home, like right now, and then I check them earlier in the day...if you have a pressing question call my cell, if Im awake its on.

K