4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

trunk project update

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2001, 08:52 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

well i am already making changes, first of all, my platform which is a outline of the trunk carpet is 1/4 plywood cut in three pieces joined together by piano hinges. one cut is near the rstb and the other is cut just enough to get the spare out. i had to replace the center piece with 3/4" plywood, so that it can support the nos bottle, the sub, and the battery. it won't be done for a couple weeks. also i am sending in some pieces to be powdercoated, air shuttle tubes, and various engine compartment pieces. peace out, wish i could be at maxus.
Old 07-28-2001, 08:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

trunk update

i put the pieces together today to see how they fit. and it looks good. the center piece is strong enough to mount that stuff, probably close to fifty lbs. today i was looking to see how i am going to disconnect the battery and run the wires, has any one done this? my first thoughts are to run the cable(hot line) through the inside of the car. there are other wires connected to the hot terminal side. i guess these can be connected to the starter along with the new hot line. then i will run the positive cable through the firewall( probably under the drivers side flor, there is a hole there, so i will make sure i use a gromet. then run it along side the inside of the car and to the trunk area to the battery. the negative cable is 3 ft. long and this can be connected to a good ground anywhere u please, i will probably connect mine to the top of the rear shock nut. and the poly case can be bolted to the 3/4" plywood instead of drilling holes through the floor. the best recommended place to locate the battery in the trunk is to put it right behind the pasenger side rear tire. and it just so happens thats where i will put mine. its supposed to make your car faster. yea right.lol. the sub box will be in the center, and the nitrous bottle will be to the left of the sub. tomorrow i am going to remove the parts to be powder coated. the air shuttle tubes(2) , and the fstb ends, and the radiator connectors on top, and a few other pieces. they wil be yellow. so my car will be down for about 1 1/2 weeks. i take them in monday and get thhem back 8 or 9 days later. so i will have time to do the battery project and install the carpet. then that following friday (aug 10th) i will head over to gettysburg to get the nitrous install done. then will start saving for the wheels 18x8 konig verdicts and nitto 555 235/40's. then i will get the racing seats and the black carpet. i will do the rear seat in black leather. i can get the carpet for 450.00. the seats i havn't decided on since momo seats are 550 a piece i might settle for another brand like for 599 for 2. anybody got any connections for seats? then i will go back to cleaning up the engine compartment, probably start ny taking off the valve cover and polish that or powder coat it, and then take off the intake runners and send it to extrude hone and have that done, then when i get it back i can polish it. have beeb thinking about steamcleaning the engine compartment. has anyone done this with any success? then maybe the carbon fiber hood. i will squeeze in the rear clear job too. and maybe the big brake upgrade. i still like the look of the big brembo crossdrilled rotors for the front. and then maybe the koni's and groundcontrolls. peace out.