4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I like my car with a nosemask/bra

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2001, 08:26 AM

I used to think they were tacky, but nosemasks/bras really grew on me. Then when I finally had a car whose paintjob I actually cared about, it seemed like a bra might be a good idea.

I think it really looks great (thanks, Drew).

Besides, I'm about to make a trip to the Outer Banks of NC, and last year I hit a swarm of mayflies as I neared the coast that would have made Alfred Hitchcock shudder. This should help the cleaning this year.
Old 08-21-2001, 11:22 AM

Same Here

Originally posted by Maxwell
I used to think they were tacky, but nosemasks/bras really grew on me. Then when I finally had a car whose paintjob I actually cared about, it seemed like a bra might be a good idea.

I think it really looks great (thanks, Drew).
Thats my feeling also. I think on mine since it is black it also doesnt look too bad or always too noticeable either. Where you get yours from?

SuDZ
Old 08-21-2001, 11:25 AM

Re: Same Here

Originally posted by SuDZ

Thats my feeling also. I think on mine since it is black it also doesnt look too bad or always too noticeable either. Where you get yours from?

SuDZ
It's genuine Nissan, and I bought it from BigTexan7 on the .org. Very nice guy and he gave me a great price.
Old 08-21-2001, 12:25 PM

One word of advice. If your going to use it, make sure to apply a few extra coats of wax to wherever the bra is going to be. Otherwise, you'll end up like me. When dirt particles get underneath, they start "sandpapering" and scratching the living hell out of your hood/nose. I found that a few coats of wax (I use good carnuba[sp?]) once a month basically eliminates this. You prob. already know this, but I figured i'd post it just in case.
Old 08-21-2001, 12:28 PM

Originally posted by Rooster286
One word of advice. If your going to use it, make sure to apply a few extra coats of wax to wherever the bra is going to be. Otherwise, you'll end up like me. When dirt particles get underneath, they start "sandpapering" and scratching the living hell out of your hood/nose. I found that a few coats of wax (I use good carnuba[sp?]) once a month basically eliminates this. You prob. already know this, but I figured i'd post it just in case.
Actually, that's great advice. I knew to keep it clean, but I didn't know that the wax was that effective. Thank you for the heads up.
Old 08-21-2001, 12:29 PM
I'm so hood

Yea, bra's are iffy to me. I used to have one for my black G2 integra, but the only reason I had it was cause the front part of the hood was all chipped up, and it covered that. I thought it looked cool. When I got the front end repainted, I never put it back on in fear of fading the paint. I've heard of people with dark-colored cars & bras that have missed taking their bra off for a day after it got wet & was exposed to the sun afterwards, and said they noticed paint fading already.

Be careful with it. If it looks like its going to rain, take it off. If it gets wet, take it off when you can and let it dry out somewhere else.
Old 08-21-2001, 03:54 PM
Kevlo for President

i loved to the way my max looked when it had its BRA. but it broke. it makes a white max look so good
Old 08-21-2001, 04:18 PM

personally i prefer my max without the bra, but u like wat u like.
Old 08-21-2001, 04:39 PM

Damn right it looks good on a white max.....I love it on my car...just need to be careful
Old 08-21-2001, 05:14 PM

I think the bra looks great on my SterlingMist SE. Just do not let it sit wet on your car. It will dull your paint. If if rains, I take mine off ASAP. Looks good and great for saving paint on trips from bugs.
Old 08-21-2001, 06:26 PM

I like the nosemask on my black Max.

You shouldn't have to worry too much about the fading of the paint if you plan on keeping it on anyway. It should really be a non-issue.

For resale, that may be something else. Who would really want to sell their Max anyway? ...unless you are getting a new one.
Old 08-21-2001, 06:26 PM

Re: .

Originally posted by Rooster286
Damn right it looks good on a white max.....I love it on my car...just need to be careful

i've seen two types of nose bras: one covers the front grill down to the fogs, while the other simply covers a small piece on the hood. anyone know what the latter is called?

which do you think is better?
Old 08-21-2001, 08:57 PM

Re: Re: .

Originally posted by j_bryan

i've seen two types of nose bras: one covers the front grill down to the fogs, while the other simply covers a small piece on the hood. anyone know what the latter is called?

which do you think is better?
Well the Oem Nissan bra comes in two pieces which you described. I have run around with just the hood piece before, but both pieces give the car an awesome look.
I have a white max with a black sunroof protector and it looks hot from the front. I always wonder what it would be like to see my car driving behind me. I'll be right back, let me go wake up the wife. She will love this idea.
Old 08-21-2001, 09:26 PM

Topless is better!

Topless is better! Don't you guys think so?
Seriously though, I've heard that there are rubber bras that supposedly fit tighter and hence do not require waxing/cleaning underneath since it's so snug. Anybody else heard of it?
Regarding taking it off during the rains- I live in NY and it's not really an option (no garage and it's a pain too), I also have not seen anybody take it off (of Max that is ). Does it really hurt the paint?

Thanks
Old 08-21-2001, 09:57 PM

Re: Topless is better!

i personally would never get one, they have been known to fade paint over the years, those with shaved emblems can relate, but if they made one that exactly matched my body color we would have a different story
Old 08-21-2001, 11:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Right now all the new Porsche's coming off the line have a Hard plastic CLEAR anti-chip "bra" on the front of the car...you can't even see the lines of it unless you really look.

I think this is also sold somewhere for all cars, or at least alot of types.

That would be even better than a bra....It is "sealed" to the car, so sandpapering is not a problem, and it is exposed to the sun, to you shouldn't have a fading difference.

If anyone finds these, let me know..I'm going to go surf and see if I can find them....
Old 08-21-2001, 11:33 PM
Licensed to Spell

I don't get you guys...

... they look so cheesey and cheap. The argument is they keep your front end from chipping because chips look bad, well - uh - so do bras! So you put something ugly on your car to keep your car from looking ugly. Hmmm... ?

Go for the clean look! Leave the bras and plastic sunroof wind deflectors and plastic bug guards to the 16 year old Kragen shopper who is trying to 'mod' his car on his Pizza Hut salary.
Old 08-22-2001, 05:50 AM

Re: I don't get you guys...

Originally posted by ptatohed
... they look so cheesey and cheap. The argument is they keep your front end from chipping because chips look bad, well - uh - so do bras! So you put something ugly on your car to keep your car from looking ugly. Hmmm... ?

Go for the clean look! Leave the bras and plastic sunroof wind deflectors and plastic bug guards to the 16 year old Kragen shopper who is trying to 'mod' his car on his Pizza Hut salary.
well i say to each his own, but if we're talking personal preferences, i think long text sigs are cheesy. no offense, just speaking personal preferences..
Old 08-22-2001, 06:40 AM

Re: Re: I don't get you guys...

Originally posted by j_bryan

well i say to each his own, but if we're talking personal preferences, i think long text sigs are cheesy. no offense, just speaking personal preferences..
lol....very true.....key sentence, "to each his own!"
Old 08-22-2001, 07:49 AM

I was not thinking about it until I noticed chips down to metal on my hood (some are starting to rust).
You can find one at magneticbra.com or smth

later
Old 08-22-2001, 09:34 AM

-----------------------------------------------------------

I personally like my one piece hood bra. Besides it being functional for protection when taking those long road trips, I like the looks. I'm in Florida and it's a must on the interstates, especially during the "love-bug" season. Those things can destroy your paint in a day!

I'll guess you'll really dog me out for my headlight covers I also use during trips ;-). It helps to protect the headlight assembly against rocks/debris, plus I like the way it makes the front end look.
Old 08-22-2001, 10:02 AM

Re: Re: Re: I don't get you guys...

Originally posted by riggy

lol....very true.....key sentence, "to each his own!"
Yeah, how about this key sentence, "A picture is worth a thousand words". LOL!