4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I miss my car

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2001, 11:18 PM

It's been 2 weeks now and it's going to be another 2 weeks before everything gets done. I'm driving my brother's Prelude right now, but it's just not the same. Sure the Prelude is more fun to drive, but I miss the attention I got in my car.

Plus it's bad seeing my car gutted like it is now, all primered up with no interior or bumpers.
Old 08-28-2001, 11:28 PM

Originally posted by Shadow
It's been 2 weeks now and it's going to be another 2 weeks before everything gets done. I'm driving my brother's Prelude right now, but it's just not the same. Sure the Prelude is more fun to drive, but I miss the attention I got in my car.

Plus it's bad seeing my car gutted like it is now, all primered up with no interior or bumpers.
What are you getting done to your car?
Old 08-28-2001, 11:46 PM

The moldings are being shaved, the trunk keyhole is being shaved, a Sarona body kit is being fitted, and the whole car is getting a custom paint job. Based on IS300 blue, but different. That and the interior is being redone to match the exterior.

Originally posted by SB97MAX

What are you getting done to your car?
Old 08-28-2001, 11:53 PM

Damn, thats gonna be a sweet Maxima when Its done. Wait it out it sounds like it will really be worth it! Take Care
Old 08-28-2001, 11:54 PM

Originally posted by SB97MAX
Damn, thats gonna be a sweet Maxima when Its done. Wait it out it sounds like it will really be worth it! Take Care
One more thing, how much is that gonna cost you? Take Care
Old 08-29-2001, 07:05 AM
ejj
Donating Maxima.org Member

I don't feel bad for you!

At least you get to drive a nice, fun car. I've been without my car for almost a week, and will be without it for like 2 more.

...and I'm driving a Chevy Malibu
Old 08-29-2001, 08:27 AM

I told you to put the 19's on the Prelude and I'm sure you'll get more attention than the Max. It gets plenty of stares w/o all that stuff anyway. You can also rail a corner and not worry about a wheel getting bent.
Old 08-29-2001, 08:32 AM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

Interesting similarities..

The moldings are being shaved, the trunk keyhole is being shaved, a Sarona body kit is being fitted, and the whole car is getting a custom paint job. Based on IS300 blue, but different. That and the interior is being redone to match the exterior.
How ironic that both our cars are being redone these two weeks. Here are some of the things being done:
1. Shaved Door Moldings
2. Sarona BodyKit (Friday)
3. Custom Paint Job (was supposed to be PPG OEM Viper Blue but junked the idea for... )
4. Stillen Big Brake (xdrilled on all 4)

I can relate to your impatience
Old 08-29-2001, 08:33 AM

True, it is fun to not have to worry about bending a wheel or scraping on every little imperfection in the road. Oh, a Civic EX tried to race me the other day. This was at Five Forks. He lined up with me and I knew he wanted to race. I even waited for him to launch and pull about 1 car before I went. I pulled past him at the top of 1st and got about 4 car lengths by 50 before he gave up. So sad.

Originally posted by Mishap
I told you to put the 19's on the Prelude and I'm sure you'll get more attention than the Max. It gets plenty of stares w/o all that stuff anyway. You can also rail a corner and not worry about a wheel getting bent.
Old 08-29-2001, 08:48 AM

Re: Interesting similarities..

Wow, the similarities are remarkable. I considered shaving the handles too, but I ended up deciding against it. I already have a big brake kit (300ZX conversion). I guess great minds do think alike = )

Oh, have you tried fitting your Sarona kit yet? I don't know if that Friday means it's arriving then or being fully installed then. Good luck, my Sarona kit fits horribly. The body shop is having to do so much extra work to get it on properly. And even then, not all of the mounting points line up. They even have to cut the passenger side bumper light opening some because it's too small. My body shop guy says it's the worst fitting kit he's tried to install yet. He can't believe I paid $1K+ for it.

Originally posted by 97MaxGurl

How ironic that both our cars are being redone these two weeks. Here are some of the things being done:
1. Shaved Door Moldings
2. Sarona BodyKit (Friday)
3. Custom Paint Job (was supposed to be PPG OEM Viper Blue but junked the idea for... )
4. Stillen Big Brake (xdrilled on all 4)

I can relate to your impatience
Old 08-29-2001, 10:27 AM

Re: Re: Interesting similarities..

Wow, the similarities are remarkable. I considered shaving the handles too, but I ended up deciding against it. I already have a big brake kit (300ZX conversion). I guess great minds do think alike = )

Oh, have you tried fitting your Sarona kit yet? I don't know if that Friday means it's arriving then or being fully installed then. Good luck, my Sarona kit fits horribly. The body shop is having to do so much extra work to get it on properly. And even then, not all of the mounting points line up. They even have to cut the passenger side bumper light opening some because it's too small. My body shop guy says it's the worst fitting kit he's tried to install yet. He can't believe I paid $1K+ for it.

well....if my car was as phat as yours i dont know what i'd do without it....anyway, this is even BEFORE getting all the work done.....

NOW, you have a 97 and your havign fitting problems with the sarona kit??? if it were a 95-96 i would understand....i dont really understand what year max this kit really fits.......without having to do "extra" or custom work..
Old 08-29-2001, 11:04 AM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

Re: Re: Interesting similarities..

Oh, have you tried fitting your Sarona kit yet? I don't know if that Friday means it's arriving then or being fully installed then. Good luck, my Sarona kit fits horribly... My body shop guy says it's the worst fitting kit he's tried to install yet. He can't believe I paid $1K+ for it.
The shop offered to shave the handles too but the idea didn't fly with me. Sarona kit has been delayed.. My shop was supposed to have gotten it last Friday but @#&$% Sarona couldn't deliver *blah*. I'll let you know how the fitment goes..
Big Brake- It's not the 300zx-conversion one or the Wildwood one... cost twice as much
Old 08-29-2001, 10:04 PM

Re: Re: Re: Interesting similarities..

It won't fit any 4th gen right. They did a bad job making it, it would have fit if they had made it properly, but they did a crappy job on the manufacturing.

Originally posted by riggy

well....if my car was as phat as yours i dont know what i'd do without it....anyway, this is even BEFORE getting all the work done.....

NOW, you have a 97 and your havign fitting problems with the sarona kit??? if it were a 95-96 i would understand....i dont really understand what year max this kit really fits.......without having to do "extra" or custom work..
Old 08-29-2001, 10:09 PM

Re: Re: Re: Interesting similarities..

I waited 6 weeks for the kit to get here. They promised me about 4 weeks ago that it wouldn't be much more than 3-4 business days after that. They promised me this every week when I'd call, and every week nothing would arrive. Greg told me that 2 people basically got screwed. About 2 weeks ago, he called to check and they told him that 2 kits hadn't shipped yet, but they were only making 1 Maxima kit a week so it would be a while before those people got their kits. When you get your kit, could you please tell me if there's any bondo or anything like that on the kit? My body shop guy laughed when he saw the bondo on the front bumper. And my side skirts have this black gooey substance stuck on the inside and I don't know what it is.

Originally posted by 97MaxGurl

The shop offered to shave the handles too but the idea didn't fly with me. Sarona kit has been delayed.. My shop was supposed to have gotten it last Friday but @#&$% Sarona couldn't deliver *blah*. I'll let you know how the fitment goes..
Big Brake- It's not the 300zx-conversion one or the Wildwood one... cost twice as much