4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

those damn cupholders!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2001, 04:34 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

last night on my way home from work, i was exiting the interstate and there was this lil mazda miata in front of me... i dunno if he had his girl with him or what, but he was tryin to show off his car... well, i had to let him know who was boss of course, but i had a drink with me in the cupholder, and of course the damn thing tipped over! whoever designed these cupholders needs to be shot!
Old 09-02-2001, 05:22 PM

lololololololololololol!!!!
Old 09-02-2001, 05:37 PM

Originally posted by ZXdude
lololololololololololol!!!!

well...did you show him who was boss???Haha...miata=poop
Old 09-02-2001, 05:41 PM

of course i did... WTF is a miata compared to a max anyways... i just had to do it at the expense of having dr. pepper spill all over!
Old 09-02-2001, 05:41 PM

the key to this is to just grab the drink... embarrass him thoroughly.. then we he tries to catch up just throw the drink at his crappy car.. solving many many problems.. unless his girl is hot then offer her the drink, dont throw..
Old 09-02-2001, 05:42 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Originally posted by ShortT
last night on my way home from work, i was exiting the interstate and there was this lil mazda miata in front of me... i dunno if he had his girl with him or what, but he was tryin to show off his car... well, i had to let him know who was boss of course, but i had a drink with me in the cupholder, and of course the damn thing tipped over! whoever designed these cupholders needs to be shot!
you think these are bad? You should see the ones in the 3rd gens.... Impossible to NOT spill a drink in those suckers....
Old 09-02-2001, 05:45 PM

Originally posted by thebigsadler
the key to this is to just grab the drink... embarrass him thoroughly.. then we he tries to catch up just throw the drink at his crappy car.. solving many many problems.. unless his girl is hot then offer her the drink, dont throw..

yeah...and at least you don't have to worry about the driver beatin you up....cuz He is in a Miata...haha...the tallest you can be is like 5'4" haha
Old 09-02-2001, 07:25 PM

... well, i had to let him know who was boss of course ...
There's way too much ego here... you are going to get yourself into trouble.

I don't race and don't approve of street racing. However, if you must do it, choose another 3-liter car as your opponent. There's not much honor gained by beating a Miata.
Old 09-02-2001, 07:34 PM

Originally posted by Daniel B. Martin

I don't race and don't approve of street racing. However, if you must do it, choose another 3-liter car as your opponent. There's not much honor gained by beating a Miata.
hey i beat one once...
Old 09-02-2001, 07:38 PM

Don't buy the super big gulp anymore
Old 09-02-2001, 08:14 PM

hahahahahah i absolutely love it when daniel b. gets involved in these posts.. mainly because he doesnt condone the racing part, but still has comments about it.. hehe.. and i still think even if you arent racing offer the drink to the pretty lady
Old 09-03-2001, 07:45 AM

Originally posted by Daniel B. Martin

well, i dont even know if id call it much of a race anyways. he was just tryin to show off a lil so i flew past him to let him know not to try... which he didnt... i think he knew my max would blow him away. i was mainly ****ed about spilling my drink though...
Old 09-03-2001, 07:52 AM

Originally posted by pawn

yeah...and at least you don't have to worry about the driver beatin you up....cuz He is in a Miata...haha...the tallest you can be is like 5'4" haha

lol, funny u should say that, cuz im only 5'3"!
Old 09-03-2001, 10:14 AM

I think DBM has some racing blood in him, it's just he's already too well-informed that he doesn't need to prove anything to anyone.

It's dangerous sometimes yes, but doesn't that make it fun?

oh well, nice to hear from you, Daniel, lol.

Old 09-03-2001, 12:58 PM

It happened 2 me many times, a couple time when I was turning (wasn't even racing or turning extemely fast, just like 10km/h above speed limit in that turn), once avoiding an accident, and once GETTING READY to race(make fun of my friend hehe) an automatic civic LX (switching to other lane so we'll be side by side). I wonder how S/C/NOSed people keep their drinks in place
Old 09-03-2001, 05:43 PM

Cupholders

ShortT -

Were you going home on I-4??? It is amazing how many people try to race each other on that interstate. In fact today I was coming from tampa and had some damn Chevy S-10 trying to f**k with me....
Old 09-03-2001, 07:03 PM
Former Sponsor

The cupholders on the max suck big time, Nissan should take a cue off of the CL/TL who have .8g cupholders. I worry about my drink spilling alll over the place, its really frustrating and annoying. Actually I'm looking for something in Taiwan for Cefiros that extend them.
Old 09-03-2001, 07:30 PM

Re: Cupholders

Originally posted by NikeGal

ShortT -

Were you going home on I-4??? It is amazing how many people try to race each other on that interstate. In fact today I was coming from tampa and had some damn Chevy S-10 trying to f**k with me....

yeah, i was on I-4! that interstate is crazy, lol... did u know more people are killed on it than any other interstate in the world! and did u also know that tampa leads the nation in most pedestrians hit, most bicyclist hit, most red lights ran, and most road rage incidents! thats crazy! and i think if i remember correctly, florida accounts for almost 1/4 of the car accidents that occurr each year, in all 50 states! lol, the wonderful things u can learn when u get one too many tickets and have to sit through a 4 hour driver improvement course!
Old 09-04-2001, 09:53 PM

Re: Re: Cupholders

i have a girl that lives in tampa, she told me about a bik running into her while sitting at a stop light, and then someone running her off the road, all in the same month!
Old 09-04-2001, 10:37 PM

hey

I'm 6'2" and I've comfortably driven a Miata, there's plenty of room in there cuz there's no back seat!

just FYI there for ya.

Justin
Old 09-05-2001, 01:17 AM

hey miata's dont have roofs

they're convertible...my friend is 6'2 and drives one comfortably.

some miata's can be fast. I got burned by one with a v8 conversion.

on a turn they'd eat us alive
Old 09-05-2001, 07:14 AM

the simple fact is this:
Drinking and driving don't mix - even if it is just Dr Pepper :-)
Old 09-05-2001, 03:09 PM

If i ever knew anyone, saw someone on the road, or read about a suped up miata (like the 400+ HP one in the new sports compact car) I would laugh my *** off!!! haha.. i wouldnt race them.. even if they had v8 conversion or 400+HP hahaha, its a damn miata.. HAHAHAHAHA- have you looked at one of those lately?? And I am 6-5, I dont fit in a miata, a z3, or a viper.. sucks.
Old 09-05-2001, 03:51 PM
Banned

so what you lost your drink. It felt good to take him down even if it was just a miata. you felt good and thats what its all about. Just be safe.
Old 09-05-2001, 08:01 PM

don't scoff at Miatas...

First of all, yes, a stock Miata will be blown away by a Maxima on the straight line. But as far as curves go, a Miata will overtake a Maxima. The low center of gravity, coupled with rear wheel drive and independent suspension, gives the Miata a huge advantage in cornering. I own both, so I know first hand.

The Miata has a far superior aftermarket support over the Maxima. With a cheaper and more diversified range of products to improve your performance, a modified Miata will give a modified Maxima a good run for the money. Yes, the Maxima is 3.0 liters, compared to the M2 1.8. But don't forget that the Miata has much less weight to pull. Have you ever driven one? They are tons of fun... real sports car feel. But I still love my Max. The overall power, quiet cabin, and luxury ride can't be beat for long trips.
Old 09-05-2001, 08:24 PM

Re: don't scoff at Miatas...

the one i beat was a heavily modded very light manual vs. my very heavy mildly performance modded auto, i loved the look on his face as i passed him
Old 09-05-2001, 08:41 PM

Re: Re: don't scoff at Miatas...

well whether or not there are an abundance of parts readily available for the miata is irrelevant.. the same thing goes for hon-duhs and integras.. and lots of other cheap cars.. miata's to me are like a poor man's sports car.. i mean come on, doing 0-60 in like 7's or 8's.. 1.8L engine, Z3's have an engine of the same size that run 6's... i dont see a miata as an attention getter no matter how well it turns.. who races around turns anyway (unless you are on a professional circuit)

i mean no offense, just adding to the information... its your money, and your car.. good for you.
Old 09-05-2001, 08:47 PM

Re: Re: don't scoff at Miatas...

well whether or not there are an abundance of parts readily available for the miata is irrelevant.. the same thing goes for hon-duhs and integras.. and lots of other cheap cars.. miata's to me are like a poor man's sports car.. i mean come on, doing 0-60 in like 7's or 8's.. 1.8L engine, Z3's have an engine of the same size that run 6's... i dont see a miata as an attention getter no matter how well it turns.. who races around turns anyway (unless you are on a professional circuit)

i mean no offense, just adding to the information... its your money, and your car.. good for you.
Old 09-05-2001, 09:17 PM

Originally posted by philthismax
so what you lost your drink. It felt good to take him down even if it was just a miata. you felt good and thats what its all about. Just be safe.

holy **** dude!! what happened to that car in the attachment there?
Old 09-06-2001, 12:29 AM

this is a very funny post

I agree, dont take drinks in the car.. no food/drink in mine, well, unless I am hungry or thirsty that is.
Old 09-06-2001, 10:13 AM

poor man's sports car

Originally posted by thebigsadler

Abundance of parts irrelevant? I think not. The greater diversity of parts, the lower the cost because of competition. As for the Miata being a poor man's sports car, perhaps... but then the Maxima is a poor man's sports sedan. What's your point? I don't know where you get your numbers from, but I've seen documented racing results on Miata's coming in at high 5's. According to Carpoint reviews, the stock BMW Z3 2.5L manual is rated at 0-60 mph in 8.4 sec, while the stock Miata 1.8L comes in at 0-60 mph in 7.8 sec. Interesting...

The only point I'm trying to make is that the Miata can be just as much of a performer or attention getter as a Maxima. That's all. No offense intended either.