4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Shaved Key Holes

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2001, 12:29 AM

Please help me, What are shaved key holes, badges etc.
I have never seen them, im in NZ. The image that pops into my head is the badge being ground down on a grinder but this is probably way wrong. does any have any close up pics? and dont anyone laugh either!!
Old 09-07-2001, 05:34 AM

shaved

shaved badges is simply removing your badges from your car...in this case it would be removing the "MAXIMA" little hamburger symbol from the trunk of your car...you can try grinding them down with a grinder...lol...but i would use some fishing string instead...dont' have any pics but im sure you can find some one here if you search...
Old 09-07-2001, 04:13 PM

Re: shaved

Originally posted by BlackMax62
shaved badges is simply removing your badges from your car...in this case it would be removing the "MAXIMA" little hamburger symbol from the trunk of your car...you can try grinding them down with a grinder...lol...but i would use some fishing string instead...dont' have any pics but im sure you can find some one here if you search...
Does anyone want to giveaway/sell their "shaved" maxima letters.

The word C E F I R O does not have the same grunt to it as M A X I M A does. if so, then give me a buzz on karlth@xtra.co.nz Thanks.
Old 09-07-2001, 05:40 PM

your missing it... shaved simply means to take off. When you have shaved emblems, then your car has no sort of visible identification on it. If you walked out to your car and took off all your emblems, you would have shaved emblems. With door locks and door handles, it works like this:
you take out the locks/door handles on your car.
You buy a kit for this that includes a remote and a Door popper.
You hook the door popper up and then instead of walking to your car, turning the key and pulling up the handle, you push a button adn this will unlock and the mechanism mentioned above (door popper) will do exactly as it sounds. It will have a projection of some sort that will PUSH the door out so that you might open the door. Then after the door has popped out, then you wedge your fingers in and pretty much pry the door open.
Now b/c you took out your door locks and handles, you will now have holes in your door. You will need to take the doors to a shop where the holes can be filled and painted. This, when done right, will give your car a more sleek design b/c there won't be anything messing up the smooth surface.
But also along with the doop popper, you want an alarm and a 12v (i think) battery to operate your door popper incase the car battery dies. Its nice if you want to enter your car into shows b/c it is (or was for awhile) a rare thing and just adds to the apperance. But if this is a daily driver, its not really worth the effort in my opinion.

Think thats about it