4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Question about Levoc Hybrid shift knob

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2001, 09:28 PM

Question about Levoc Hybrid shift ****

I just got a Levoc Hybrid auto shift **** for my '99 max and after I had installed it, the shifter looked much taller than the stock shifter. I don't have any pics of it but I think it should be much lower. Can someone with the same shift **** measure the height of there shift **** from the base where the grey plastic is all the way to the top of the shifter? That would be greatly appreciated.

Nathan
Old 09-21-2001, 11:44 PM

Re: Question about Levoc Hybrid shift ****

It is much taller. The reason is that it's a top push button while the stock one is side push. Thus you need the extra room because the button sits on top of the shifter while with the stock one, it sits even with the top of the shifter. it's this way with all the Levoc ***** for all cars. I'm thinking about cutting my shifter down. Need to look in there to see if there's room to cut the button down some.

Originally posted by Nathan
I just got a Levoc Hybrid auto shift **** for my '99 max and after I had installed it, the shifter looked much taller than the stock shifter. I don't have any pics of it but I think it should be much lower. Can someone with the same shift **** measure the height of there shift **** from the base where the grey plastic is all the way to the top of the shifter? That would be greatly appreciated.

Nathan
Old 09-22-2001, 05:09 PM

Re: Re: Question about Levoc Hybrid shift ****

Jeff, thanks for replying to my post. I'm also thinking of cutting the shifter.

btw, I saw pics of your ride the other day and they look sooo sweet.
Originally posted by Shadow
It is much taller. The reason is that it's a top push button while the stock one is side push. Thus you need the extra room because the button sits on top of the shifter while with the stock one, it sits even with the top of the shifter. it's this way with all the Levoc ***** for all cars. I'm thinking about cutting my shifter down. Need to look in there to see if there's room to cut the button down some.