4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Got my baby back .. kinda.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2001, 09:23 PM

Got my baby back .. kinda.

I got my max back today after 24 days. That's a ****load of time to have her sittin in a repair shop . I took a walk around, and it looked kind of funny to have no clear tails or body kit on the back end (kit's in the mail, boarder checks are slow nowadays). They're planning to put the kit on monday assuming it makes it past the boarders, and hopefully I'm gonna clear the tails out this weekend.

(Guy who was gonna clear em out with me, send me a Private message, my old ones got nuked so I can't find ya hehe).

Anyway, they tell me they messed up my amps and subwoofer when they did the job, even though I gave them permission to remove them. I say "How? you plug wires into the correct terminals, and poof it works" .. so I got to the car, check the power lights on the amps, turn up the volume .. nothing. Then I go to the deck and hit the subwoofer button, which is followed by "SUBWOOFER ON" and boom, problem solved. Repair shops ....

I'm just about to leave so I start her up, and she sounds NOISY .. I was like woah heh driving a sentra for 3 weeks really makes this seem loud. Check engine light goes on about a minute later and I'm like "heeeeey" .. The Nissan dealership was the last people to touch it, doing a service earlier that morning, so I bring it over there. They ding me $50 to check into it and whatnot and tell me it's a rear waste canister problem, and proceed to quote me $1200 on the deal.

I tell them, "Ok, My car was totalled, $8000 has just been put into everything from the rear door back. Could that attribute to the problem?"

"No"

"Where is this rear canister?"

Guy points to the trunk. What the hell kind of morons is nissan dealing with here? Everything from the rear door back = TRUNK. I take the car back to the body shop, tell them, and they ordered the part for me and tell me they're gonna put it in on monday (assuming it gets there, like the body kit).

My respect for the nissan guys drops to a new all time low, and I'm glad I got my car back .. However, the entire trunk is brand new. The exhaust sounds TOTALLY different. I had probably 40lbs of sound deadener in the trunk. Think that's the change? Or does this evaporation canister have anything to do with it? I'm pretty sure the sound deadener wouldn't make that much of a diff because I can hear it more with the window open. I'm steering towards exhaust leak or evap canister right now, but I don't know what the canister would do to affect the noise. Any opinions?