4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Maxima totalled

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 10:27 PM
Sold

Ahhh man, I'm sooo sad to be reading this thread right now.

Make sure that you make an appointment to go and see a chiropractor asap. Also, get your self booked in for some massages. The combination will work wonders on your back and neck. Things might feel better in a few days, but you could be out of alignment. Get checked out just to be sure.

Hope you start to feel better soon... Merry Christmas anyway...

From the pictures you posted, I would expect the car to be a write off. It appears as though most of the body panels are not true. I can't see ICBC wanting to fix a car with that much damage that is almost 10 years old.

Sorry...

Last edited by JSMax; 12-24-2007 at 10:30 PM.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:50 AM
nycnissans

ouch that car took a hit!!

I think you should get some $$ compensation for some pain and suffering man
Old 12-25-2007, 10:02 AM

Yo man sorry to hear about what happened. Are they going to fix it or is it a total ?
Old 12-26-2007, 08:32 AM

blackcat- im glad you and the wife are ok she is a nice lady, and im really sorry about the ride. take some time to get better and keep us updated.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:23 AM
MaXXiN

some advice as i was in an accident a few years back...and im still having problems...

go to the dr and keeep going dont miss any appointments keep aaaalll recipets cabs meds all that stuff ...GET A LAWYER!! they'll make sure that his/her insurance pays for all the medical bills ....

I got some money for my accident...and besides that they paid for my car since it was a total loss ...i got like 3-4g something like that i dont remember but i had a 92 civic dx so for me at 18 that was gooooooddd ...but make sure you give your lawyer all recipets of work recently done to the car as they can also put that into play..

gets rest too man...you may think you have nothing wrong as I though..but i ended up with a herniated disk in my lower back im not sure if its called bulges in my neck and a messed up jaw ...GO TO THE DR and get rest but make suuure you get a lawyer involved....GOOD LUCK and I HOPE YOU AND YOUR WIFE GET BETTER!!!
Old 12-26-2007, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by 305BlackMax97
Yo man sorry to hear about what happened. Are they going to fix it or is it a total ?
This is most definitely a total. The amount of frame and body damage will rack up over 10K easily...
Old 01-03-2008, 12:53 PM

Wow!! Didn't read this until today. Man, sorry to hear that, Blackcat. Your car is so nice too.

That makes two of us now as mine was totaled last May. Maybe we should start a Totaled Max Support group or something. Anyway, keep going to the doctor and make sure you are ok. 7 months after the accident, I still have some lower back pain. It sucks.

BTW, the picture links are broken. Can't see the pictures.

Any chance you will be able to salvage other mods? Like the suspension? FSTB?
Old 01-03-2008, 01:29 PM

Dang man that is horrible, it i good to hear that u and the wife are ok, however sad to hear about the maxima....well maxima took care of you two and made sure she did her job when taking the hit it did and keepin its passangers safe....hope you get all you can from the *** hole that hit you and get nice chunk of change to make up for yur losses....
Old 01-03-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm needing a caw

Blackcat. Sorry to hear. That sucks. I suggest you do NOT inform his insurance company that you are "okay". Some injuries don't show up immediately. Keep the medical file open for you and the wife until you are SURE you are okay. It doesn't hurt you to keep that file open. His insurance will want to close that portion of the claim asap to limit their liability. The medical portion is the expensive part. The worst thing that could happen is that an accident related injury crops up and you have closed that portion of the case with his insurance.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:14 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Blackcat. Sorry to hear. That sucks. I suggest you do NOT inform his insurance company that you are "okay". Some injuries don't show up immediately. Keep the medical file open for you and the wife until you are SURE you are okay. It doesn't hurt you to keep that file open. His insurance will want to close that portion of the claim asap to limit their liability. The medical portion is the expensive part. The worst thing that could happen is that an accident related injury crops up and you have closed that portion of the case with his insurance.
Good advice jeff,i was burned by a insurance company back in 1995 when a old lady pulled out in front of me in my trans am,the car was totaled,i had 9 stitches in my chin and a very sore right ankle(foot hard on brake pedal at time of impact),we settled with the insurance company the next day iirc correctly,well as the week wore on my ankle started getting worse,by the end of the week i could no longer walk on it,turned out i had a fractured ankle...yep,you guessed it,no money from the insurance company..I was out about $1000 in medical bills/lost work time..
Old 01-04-2008, 12:06 PM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

Hi guys,
After our 3 visits to the doctor we had our first physio visit yesterday and we're both off of work for 2 weeks. The first week and a bit was very hard on us, taking us through different pains each day, emotionally and physically.

With respect to personal injury I'm having my lawyer deal with ICBC on it. He used to be an ICBC lawyer which is good for us as he knows their inner workings as well as keeping good relations with the people he worked with there. So far his assistant told me that ICBC still hasn't come to a decision yet on liability.

As for the car I got $9,000.00 less the $200 deductible (ICBC hasn't assigned my case to an adjuster yet) so a total of $8,800.00 plus a voucher for $400 towards GST tax.

Update: When I went to drop off the papers and pick up the check I was told ICBC had advised Canadian Direct to give me back the $200 deductible back. Yah!

For you local guys that are looking for parts the car has been transferred to Impact Auto Auctions in Richmond. Its stock #AKC60 in case you want to track it down to see which auto wrecker it will go to.

Last edited by BlackCat; 01-04-2008 at 10:27 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:32 PM

Dang minivan. The front looks fixable. The rear....ehhhh. I hate seein' Maxima's go through this kinda torture. Good luck with everything.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:08 PM

Ouch
Old 01-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Glad to hear that you both are more or less OK. Good luck with ICBC and your recovery. You & your Max will be missed around Vancouver.

Cheers,
Matt
Old 01-05-2008, 07:09 AM
98maxedout

nice lookin max sad to see it gone
Old 01-05-2008, 10:41 AM

I'm so sorry man. I know how much it sucks to see your car totalled, but I am glad you are safe. I hope everything goes fine with the doctor and with the whole case.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Licensed to Spell

That totally sucks BC. I'm sorry man. I really hope you and your wife are o.k. first and foremost.

Of second importance, please tell me you will be buying another 4th gen and transferring your supercharger to it. I'd hate to lose another SC'ed veteran.

- Josh
Old 01-05-2008, 09:41 PM
SLOW

That sucks BlackCat - but it's good to know that you and your wife are going to be OK.

an almost identical situation happened to me in the civic I had before I bought my first max. I was stopped at a stoplight and a drunk lady rear ended me at 60mph. Turned my civic coupe into a hatchback.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:52 AM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

Hey Josh,
I'm afraid I won't be returning to the Maxima fold because we just picked up a 2007 323i yesterday in a demo clearance sale. Picking it up tomorrow afternoon. My wife says that its our Christmas/Birthday/Anniversay present to ourselves. lol Good thing I took out all of the SC equipment before hand. I did lose my beloved Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires. They were the best snow tires I've ever had.

I tried out the Subaru WRX but we weren't keen about the build quality. The doors were thin and "tinny" sounding when you closed the door. Good poke though.

My wife still experiences back pain but no neck pain. As for me I'm getting more neck pain now while my left hip pain is gone and my right lower rib pain is almost gone. We think the neck pain difference is probably because I'm 5'-10" tall while my wife is 5'-1" tall. So good to be able to take a couple of weeks off of work to rest!

Daniel

Originally Posted by ptatohed
That totally sucks BC. I'm sorry man. I really hope you and your wife are o.k. first and foremost.

Of second importance, please tell me you will be buying another 4th gen and transferring your supercharger to it. I'd hate to lose another SC'ed veteran.

- Josh

Last edited by BlackCat; 01-06-2008 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:01 AM
Licensed to Spell

Originally Posted by BlackCat
Hey Josh,
I'm afraid I won't be returning to the Maxima fold because we just picked up a 2007 323i yesterday in a demo clearance sale. Picking it up tomorrow afternoon. My wife says that its our Christmas/Birthday/Anniversay present to ourselves. lol Good thing I took out all of the SC equipment before hand. I did lose my beloved Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires. They were the best snow tires I've ever had.

I tried out the Subaru WRX but we weren't keen about the build quality. The doors were thin and "tinny" sounding when you closed the door. Good poke though.

My wife still experiences back pain but no neck pain. As for me I'm getting more neck pain now while my left hip pain is gone and my right lower rib pain is almost gone. We think the neck pain difference is probably because I'm 5'-10" tall while my wife is 5'-1" tall. So good to be able to take a couple of weeks off of work to rest!

Daniel

Daniel,

Best of luck to you buddy. Drop in from time to time and say hi.