4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Att: DBM help please!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2001, 01:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Put your problem in the topic!
Old 10-30-2001, 01:12 PM
Administrator

DBM doesn't live here anymore
Old 10-30-2001, 01:36 PM

Re: Att: DBM help please!

[COLOR=teal]DBM has moved out to undisclosed location! Put problem in subject! [/SIZE]
Old 10-30-2001, 02:05 PM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Originally posted by SprintMax
DBM doesn't live here anymore
he also didn't know all the answers. some who knew answers purposefully did not answer because of the disrespect that members gave to those besides DBM that contribute by saying "Hey DBM BLAH BLAH BLAH".
Old 10-30-2001, 02:08 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by bill99gxe

he also didn't know all the answers. some who knew answers purposefully did not answer because of the disrespect that members gave to those besides DBM that contribute by saying "Hey DBM BLAH BLAH BLAH".
I know the answer to this one too

but its not addressed to me
Old 10-30-2001, 02:18 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax

I know the answer to this one too

but its not addressed to me
same here (but only because I used search)

too bad search is broken for everybody but me.
Old 10-30-2001, 02:23 PM

Originally posted by bill99gxe

same here (but only because I used search)

too bad search is broken for everybody but me.
Huh, thats funny... it works for me too.

SuDZ
Old 10-30-2001, 02:29 PM

wow, you guys are a lot of help. I can see what it's gonna be like now with DBM gone. I wish I could help, but I don't know all that technical stuff. Hopefully someone will be able to help you.
Old 10-30-2001, 02:44 PM

Re: ...

Originally posted by axion
wow, you guys are a lot of help. I can see what it's gonna be like now with DBM gone. I wish I could help, but I don't know all that technical stuff. Hopefully someone will be able to help you.
With DBM gone, it means people may have to actually use the search function to find out an answer to a question, such as this one, which has been asked before.

An emergency on your part combined with an inept laziness to research does not constitute a necessity on my part to do anything to help.
Old 10-30-2001, 03:42 PM

Hey Clee ~ where are you on this one?

I dont think you've hit your quota of 10 posts moved per day yet, better move this one too
Old 10-30-2001, 03:44 PM
I'm needing a caw

Now Clee is getting flamed now?! You guys are just idiotic. It's just a maxima board people. sheesh

Originally posted by 1/3There2/3ToGo

I dont think you've hit your quota of 10 posts moved per day yet, better move this one too
Old 10-30-2001, 03:56 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Now Clee is getting flamed now?! You guys are just idiotic. It's just a maxima board people. sheesh

I know what you mean sometimes on here people get all excited over nothing and need to calm down. Everyone take a deep breathe and relax.

SuDZ
Old 10-30-2001, 04:07 PM

Originally posted by SuDZ

I know what you mean sometimes on here people get all excited over nothing and need to calm down. Everyone take a deep breathe and relax.

SuDZ
Im calm. I just find it annoying that about 1/2 of the posts in the 4th gen forum are being moved every day. It use to be that if a thread had even a little to do with the 4th gen forum it would stay here. Now'adays it seems that if even one reply is OT it gets sent to that forum. That and the fact that the new server sucks will probably make anyone with knowledge that is willing to share it(obviously no one who has as of yet replied to this thread) will never retrun here. What does Jambo do with all the $$$ he gets from the ads? There should be more than enough to pay the $150 per month for a decent server. Now, after this post if this doesnt either get deleted or moved to OT something is changing on the .org.

Kirk
Old 10-30-2001, 04:12 PM

Half? I doubt it.

If the majority of the thread is related to 4th gen Maximas, it stays. If the majority of the thread is spam, off to OT.

And this has been said a million times already. You don't like the way things are run here? You don't like the new server? Go find someplace else to post. The internet has lots of resources for you to use.

Im calm. I just find it annoying that about 1/2 of the posts in the 4th gen forum are being moved every day. It use to be that if a thread had even a little to do with the 4th gen forum it would stay here. Now'adays it seems that if even one reply is OT it gets sent to that forum. That and the fact that the new server sucks will probably make anyone with knowledge that is willing to share it(obviously no one who has as of yet replied to this thread) will never retrun here. What does Jambo do with all the $$$ he gets from the ads? There should be more than enough to pay the $150 per month for a decent server. Now, after this post if this doesnt either get deleted or moved to OT something is changing on the .org.

Kirk
Old 10-30-2001, 04:15 PM

Show me a post where it was related to 4th gen maximas and it was moved to OT. Until then, that should be directed at you.

Old 10-30-2001, 04:17 PM

Originally posted by clee130
Half? I doubt it.

If the majority of the thread is related to 4th gen Maximas, it stays. If the majority of the thread is spam, off to OT.

And this has been said a million times already. You don't like the way things are run here? You don't like the new server? Go find someplace else to post. The internet has lots of resources for you to use.

I have found a new place where I do the majority of my posting. Check my stats over the past 3 weeks. You will see that I was posting in the 20-50 per day range here and that dwindled down to maybe 3-5 now. I think it is stupid to move a topic that has purtinent information to the 4th gen to OT where it will be deleted. Soon all the threads here will be gone and the search function everyone praises so much will be worthless. If it has information that is of interest to the 4th gen, leave it the fu<k alone.

Kirk
Old 10-30-2001, 04:21 PM

Good... no one is pointing a gun to your head and telling you to post on Max.org.

Again... show me a thread that was moved to OT in which the majority of it dealt with information that was pertaining to 4th gen Maximas.

I have found a new place where I do the majority of my posting. Check my stats over the past 3 weeks. You will see that I was posting in the 20-50 per day range here and that dwindled down to maybe 3-5 now. I think it is stupid to move a topic that has purtinent information to the 4th gen to OT where it will be deleted. Soon all the threads here will be gone and the search function everyone praises so much will be worthless. If it has information that is of interest to the 4th gen, leave it the fu<k alone.

Kirk
Old 10-30-2001, 04:31 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

So if this thread is all spam, why hasn't it been moved to OT? The guy could have been helped by now and his problem been solved. I am well aware of the fact he could have used search, but if one of you knew what the problem is, why not help him out instead of spend 4x your time arguing about how a topic needs to be searched on? A simple 1 or 2 liner would probably fix his problem, I haven't experienced the problem before so I don't really know otherwise I would have helped out. You guys start endless convos about he needs to use the search and stuff which ends up taking 4 pages.
Old 10-30-2001, 05:11 PM

Good... no one is pointing a gun to your head and telling you to post on Max.org.

Again... show me a thread that was moved to OT in which the majority of it dealt with information that was pertaining to 4th gen Maximas.

If you're not moving them to OT where the #ell are you moving them to? Yesterday I saw 7 threads on the main page of the 4th gen that said "Moved" next to them. If you dont send them to OT, where do you put them?

Kirk

Still seems like a waste of time to me.
Old 10-30-2001, 05:20 PM

If it says "MOVED" on it, why don't you click on them and see where they were moved to? I move posts that have nothing to do with the forum that they are posted in.

You have yet to show me a post. Take a screencap or show me a link... until then, without proof, I say it's not a waste of time.

If you're not moving them to OT where the #ell are you moving them to? Yesterday I saw 7 threads on the main page of the 4th gen that said "Moved" next to them. If you dont send them to OT, where do you put them?

Kirk

Still seems like a waste of time to me.
Old 10-30-2001, 05:31 PM

If it says "MOVED" on it, why don't you click on them and see where they were moved to? I move posts that have nothing to do with the forum that they are posted in.

You have yet to show me a post. Take a screencap or show me a link... until then, without proof, I say it's not a waste of time.

So they arent in OT where I thought they were, sue me! You are the one that is move happy, YOU tell ME where you put them. WTF is a screencap? Is that the internet language way to say "Screen shot"? You are one of the reasons the .org is going down hill. Im glad I jumped ship already, many more will follow.

Kirk
Old 10-30-2001, 05:35 PM

Does this thread qualify as "majority of spam" yet? Becaus I do believe I've quoted you accuratley, and it appears That the only post on this thread that is "on topic" is the first one.
Old 10-30-2001, 05:48 PM

Broken record anyone?

So they arent in OT where I thought they were, sue me! You are the one that is move happy, YOU tell ME where you put them.
I move posts that have nothing to do with the forum that they are posted in.

You're the one that attacked me. You want to prove you're right? Show me proof that I'm wrong. I don't have to tell you anything. You're the one that has to provide me with proof that I made a mistake. You're the one that has to provide me with proof that I'm wrong.

Until then, I'm right.

WTF is a screencap? Is that the internet language way to say "Screen shot"?
A screencap is short for screen capture. Screencap=screenshot yes. They can be used interchangeably.

You are one of the reasons the .org is going down hill.
And I'm one of the reasons that the Org is going downhill? Wow... I'm glad I've only been a moderator for a week and a half. Imagine if I started being a moderator a month ago!

Im glad I jumped ship already, many more will follow.
You're leaving is no big loss to the Org, I'm sure.
Old 10-30-2001, 05:51 PM

Does this thread qualify as "majority of spam" yet? Becaus I do believe I've quoted you accuratley, and it appears That the only post on this thread that is "on topic" is the first one.
This is the only thing that you've said in this entire post that has any sense.

But I'm not moving/locking this thread yet.

Oh, here's a smiley so you don't feel bad.

Old 10-30-2001, 07:19 PM

Ok guys, your right, and I'm sorry, I should have used the search feature. But look at all you hypocrites...you b*tch to me about searching, yet instead of reminding me to just use the search, then helping me out, you going into a totally different topic and post 20 times. I'm sorry but that sad. I'm not jumping on anyone particular, but look what you've done...you've turned my stupid question into a 2 page thread so you all can rack up a few more posts. Also, I guess I better live my life day by day on this forum so I'll know when DBM is leaving. THIS IS NOT A FLAME. LETS END EVERYTHING NOW!
Old 10-30-2001, 08:33 PM

Its sad that this thread has gone the way it has. This is the reason Im leaving this site. I dont car if Im missed, I dont expect to be. I just feel sorry for guys like bmxsteve who just needed help for a problem that some of you guys knew the answer to, but because the fu<king thread wasnt addressed to you you refused to help him out. Is that really why you are here? Just to try to show your power? If the tables were turned and you were back to your newbie days and someone told you "I know why you are having that problem, but since you didnt address it to me I wont tell you" what would You have done? Does it make you feel good to tell someone you can help them and then refuse to do so? You guys are starting to act like the honda guys. Where is the commorodery that was once shared on this site? I though we were all here to help eachother out if we could and if not try to get help for someone. Its very dissapointing to see a site like this go the way it has. The moderators, I'll exempt clee because I seem to have mistaken him for another moderator whom I obviously dont know the name of, are the ones who are suppose to help everyone right? Then explain to me why they were the ones saying they wont help because it wasnt addressed to them? Who the fu<k cares who gets credit for helping someone? You were once in their place and needed help, return the favor.

Kirk
Old 10-30-2001, 08:40 PM
dko
duck and cover

everybody's been a search **** so far, so I'll be different.

we have private messaging
use it

also, keep up on events; there was a 5 page long thread about DBM leaving due to 'personal reasons'.