4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

VIP wheels...?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 11:42 AM
Former Vendor

who said it wasn't? thats up to you not me...

*edit - what color are you thinkin?
Old 04-12-2008, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by loud3

20x8.5's up front... 20x9.5's out back.

+35/+40 offsets.

Coilovers will be here early next week.
man love these rims wantedd them on my i30. do it
Old 04-12-2008, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by LeVeL
+1
The rims are fugly and way too big, imo. But whatever makes you happy, its your car
+3
i think 18s are the perfect look for a 4th gen maybe 19s
Old 04-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Former Vendor

"bigger than 18"s is too big and lower than 2" is too low" blah, blah, blah...
Old 04-12-2008, 04:10 PM

Better pictures after the coilovers get in. Should be here middle of next week.

After a lot of measuring... I can go with a 9.5" up front as well. Very possible that I might change out the 8.5's.

And for the paint, I am going nighthawk black from the 99 Honda accord. With a LOT of clear.

Last edited by loud3; 04-12-2008 at 04:13 PM.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by BLACKonBLACK98
"bigger than 18"s is too big and lower than 2" is too low" blah, blah, blah...

People love building cookie cutter rides.

PS, I have seen you over at VIPstyle's forums.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:13 PM

looks ghetto
Old 04-12-2008, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by LeVeL
looks ghetto
I ride durty.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Former Vendor

PS, I have seen you over at VIPstyle's forums.
yeah thats my other home.

wheels look good, but not great. i have a feeling once you slam it itsgoing to be a completely different look. as much as i hate to agree, it does look ghetto right now.

what coilovers did you go with? i would keep the 8.5 up front because i like the contrast in the concave, but if you got coilovers with camber plates 9.5 would be cool too. without camber plates/bolts 9,5 will poke too much imo.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:26 PM

yeah thats my other home.

wheels look good, but not great. i have a feeling once you slam it itsgoing to be a completely different look. as much as i hate to agree, it does look ghetto right now.

what coilovers did you go with? i would keep the 8.5 up front because i like the contrast in the concave, but if you got coilovers with camber plates 9.5 would be cool too. without camber plates/bolts 9,5 will poke too much imo.
Ksports for now. Baller on a budget, ya know?!?

JIC's in the near future, as I am expecting a LARGE income tax return.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:29 PM

Rear.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:30 PM

Front.

Monster truck.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:32 PM

And for reference, those are temp tires. 245/35/ all the way around. Just some I popped off the chromies that I had and mounted to reference. I want to dial in the suspension with the actual wheels mounted instead of those other ones.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:37 PM
Former Vendor

better roll them fenders before the k-sports get here.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:38 PM

better roll them fenders before the k-sports get here.
Guess what I am doing on my off-day tomorrow?!? Hah.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Offset Is Everything.

it will still look ghetto even dropped. like i said before, 20s are too large for the maxima. even bagged and painted black, it still wont look right. but thats my opinion.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:27 PM

I dont think it will look to bad after it is lowered, they are huge thou haha
Old 04-12-2008, 08:05 PM
Administrator

20's+Ksports=hell for OEM axles, boots, joints etc.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:19 PM

i think they look good on the car
Old 04-12-2008, 11:03 PM

maybe get them anodized bronze to work with your pebble beige paint?

here's a little quick 10 minute pshop job..

- Drop
- touch up to knicks on front bumper
- played with the colour levels..

Last edited by Digitized; 04-12-2008 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:03 PM

VIP? More like DONK! =)

I like the wheels but not the size, it will probably look better once you dump it with those ksports, would look a lot better with a kit. Might as well go all out since you went with 20" wheels.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Digitized

here's a little quick 10 minute pshop job..

- Drop
- touch up to knicks on front bumper
- played with the colour levels..
Nice one digitized! Looks waaaaaay better. Needs a nice simple kit
Old 04-13-2008, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Mr****s95SE
it will still look ghetto even dropped. like i said before, 20s are too large for the maxima. even bagged and painted black, it still wont look right. but thats my opinion.

In the event that I was going to go adjustable, I would not go bags on a unibody car, unless I was going to go with an IRS swap in the rear. Hydraulics are definitely the way to go.

[sarcasm]I like to see you keep an open mind when viewing other peoples cars.[/sacasm] I happen to think you had some of the nastiest wheels known to man... not the actual style, but the fact that you bought them extremely pitted. Personally, I think your views on what is VIP and not might be the slightest bit skewed.

I have been building low rides for years, this is the first one that I have not gone adjustable on.

In the event that I go through axles or any other type of suspension, then so be it. Welcome to the world of being low. I didn't want to bust anyones ***** here, but the negativity due to it not being the forum ideal is a bit annoying. I can always appreciate people's opinion, but having someone who is driving a Maxima with a kit and some wide wheels that is moderately dropped tell me I failed at building a VIP car (which I never mentioned I was doing?) is laughable at best. I liked the style of the wheels. I liked the idea of a big drop.

Unlike most of the forum keyboard commandos, I actually have some idea to reference when talking about something. I have built everything from a shaved H22 Accord...
to a demo vehicle for Crossfire car audio...
to a VW golf that rode on 17x9's and 17x10's with pulled fenders (sorry... no pictures on this computer of that one...)

...and the award for most close-minded forum goes to...

You guys.

With the exception of a few others.

Last edited by loud3; 04-13-2008 at 07:48 AM.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:23 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mr****s95SE
bet $1,000,000 i can change your mind:

Originally Posted by Digitized

pic looks good but 2 problems. 1) you can't refinish these wheels without ruining them 2) hes painting the car

In the event that I was going to go adjustable, I would not go bags on a unibody car, unless I was going to go with an IRS swap in the rear. Hydraulics are definitely the way to go.
please elaborate. uas bags over jic coilovers with radiused fenders being built for 1" ground clearance ride hieght FTMFW if you ask me.

[sarcasm]I like to see you keep an open mind when viewing other peoples cars.[/sacasm] I happen to think you had some of the nastiest wheels known to man... not the actual style, but the fact that you bought them extremely pitted. Personally, I think your views on what is VIP and not might be the slightest bit skewed.
very uncalled for. in reality we all have a skewed vision of what vip is or we wouldn't be talking vip maximas.

....Welcome to the world of being low... but having someone who is driving a Maxima with a kit and some wide wheels that is moderately dropped tell me I failed at building a VIP car (which I never mentioned I was doing?) is laughable at best... and the award for most close-minded forum goes to...
calm down bro, you asked for opinions and you got them. i've learned that people are a lot less close minded if you walk instead of talk. build your car and earn respect.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:32 AM

pic looks good but 2 problems. 1) you can't refinish these wheels without ruining them 2) hes painting the car

please elaborate. uas bags over jic coilovers with radiused fenders being built for 1" ground clearance ride hieght FTMFW if you ask me.

very uncalled for. in reality we all have a skewed vision of what vip is or we wouldn't be talking vip maximas.

calm down bro, you asked for opinions and you got them. i've learned that people are a lot less close minded if you walk instead of talk. build your car and earn respect.

In reference to the UAS bags on the JIC coilovers... you can expect a good 4" of adjustablility Give or take an inch, depending on applications (I know little about the JICs). At which point, you can expect to tuck an inch, or two (if lucky) of wheel with a stretched tire.

Not very impressive when you're used to building things like...

Now, admittedly, not very many people are going to want THIS to take up half of their trunk...

And in reference to asking for opinions, I simply posted the wheels when I got them in. And people took the idea and ran with it. To be honest, the major idea came from the Dub scene...

I fell in love with how that A8 looks. Clean lines. Nothing too gaudy about it. Just a clean daily driver that only turns heads when people that known Audi's can tell the slight distinctions. The wheels just... fit. Same with the wagon. The goal is to make everything well rounded without going too overboard.

Last edited by loud3; 04-13-2008 at 08:47 AM.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:48 AM
Former Vendor

In reference to the UAS bags on the JIC coilovers... you can expect a good 4" of adjustablility Give or take an inch, depending on applications (I know little about the JICs). At which point, you can expect to tuck an inch, or two (if lucky) of wheel with a stretched tire.

Not very impressive when you're used to building things like...
i will be tucking no wheel. the wheels will be flush while laying frame (uni-body) which is a lot more imprssive than the accord if you ask me (especially dealing with a solid rear axle. heres a couple illustrations of what i'm talking about:

its a lot of work involing cutting the fenders/quarter panels and reworking the wheel well and something that very few people stateside have done.

you're getting way to defensive bro and i'm not against you. i want to see you pull this off, i just don't like seeing you attack other members because you really haven't proved anything yet. do your thing.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:53 AM

i will be tucking no wheel. the wheels will be flush while laying frame (uni-body) which is a lot more imprssive than the accord if you ask me (especially dealing with a solid rear axle. heres a couple illustrations of what i'm talking about:

its a lot of work involing cutting the fenders/quarter panels and reworking the wheel well and something that very few people stateside have done.

you're getting way to defensive bro and i'm not against you. i want to see you pull this off, i just don't like seeing you attack other members because you really haven't proved anything yet. do your thing.

I'm sorry, but I fail to see what I have to prove? I didn't see anywhere in the thread where I mentioned VIP, other than referencing the wheels. I didn't mention anything about my car being VIP.

Mainly because it won't be.

And I didn't attack anyone, just casually mentioned that if you're going to point the finger and say 'those wheels suck' or something along the lines, then expect the same in return. This is the internet, it's a fact of life.

As for being more impressive than the accord, it's all in tastes. The accord I posted was, and still is, one of the lowest imports out there. He can physically drive scraping pan. Sure, you can modify the fender, but he has an EXTREMELY modified suspension. No longer does he use struts at all, front or rear. Both take a lot of time and skill, and saying one is any more impressive than the other is just... well... stupid.

Strut towers gutted, no struts, in a civic.

Sure, fenders are one thing... but look at the work on this accord wagon to get it on the ground. literally EVERYTHING is custom.

http://streetsourcemag.com/ViewOwner...rofileid=38228
http://streetsourcemag.com/ViewOwner...rofileid=48653

The wagon has been a 3 year project so far, for reference.

Last edited by loud3; 04-13-2008 at 09:03 AM.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Former Vendor

alright i see where you are coming from now. didn't know you were a streetsource guy. i used to build trucks and be into that whole scene.

anything can lay out and drive. how about layed out and driving with flush fitment and 0 camber?

i'm not knocking any of those rides, the accord wagon is a beast for sure, but its apples and oranges when compared to what i'm talking about with the only similarities being that we're both going low.

with all that being said, you're getting a bit offensive to me so i'm done with it. good luck.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:36 AM

alright i see where you are coming from now. didn't know you were a streetsource guy. i used to build trucks and be into that whole scene.

anything can lay out and drive. how about layed out and driving with flush fitment and 0 camber?

i'm not knocking any of those rides, the accord wagon is a beast for sure, but its apples and oranges when compared to what i'm talking about with the only similarities being that we're both going low.

with all that being said, you're getting a bit offensive to me so i'm done with it. good luck.

If any of that came across as offensive, I did not mean it that way. I apologize.

I am not so much a streetsource guy, but many of my friends are still in that industry, and I will still tinker around with a caprice or S-10 if it's brought in, and it never hurts to still be in the 'know' of what's going on in the world. Just like I frequent GolfMKV.com's forums, and caraudio.com's forums, even though I am not a major player.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Former Vendor

alright man... i can dig it. i'm passionate about cars too so i go overboard sometimes as well.

glad you mentioned street source though. i had forgot all about it but luckily i remembered my account info. probably a good place for me since i draw inspiration from a lot of different sources from vip to euro to mini trucks cues.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:53 AM

WOW! I like it! Nice, clean & classy look to it.

BTW who makes this kit?
Old 04-13-2008, 09:56 AM

alright man... i can dig it. i'm passionate about cars too so i go overboard sometimes as well.

glad you mentioned street source though. i had forgot all about it but luckily i remembered my account info. probably a good place for me since i draw inspiration from a lot of different sources from vip to euro to mini trucks cues.

I follow builds through SSM and CA a lot. I don't post much, but love to see what people are up to. That accord wagon amazes me, as did Adam's Accord coupe (bodydropped 96 on 19's)

I think my biggest influence now is the euro aspect. I love the classy, timeless lines.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:58 AM
Former Vendor

i'm not sure who makes it. could be custom as a lot of ppl overseas go that route. i've never seen another one like it.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:05 AM

One of the sickest rolling shots ever. A big selling point on the wheels to me.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:51 PM

too bad repainting wheels will damage the finish..
a little pshopping again

Old 04-13-2008, 03:56 PM
Former Vendor

thats gross. diamond cut is really about as nice as its gonna get anyway, although you'll never capture it in photos.

*edit - they came close

Old 04-13-2008, 04:11 PM

gotta love diamond cut finish... that's why I love my stock 15's
Old 04-13-2008, 04:21 PM
Former Vendor

lol... somethin like that.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:16 AM

If I still had my old LS 400 I would have bought these wheels!
Old 04-14-2008, 03:38 AM
Banned

One of the sickest rolling shots ever. A big selling point on the wheels to me.
Without a doubt, +1.

Quick Reply: VIP wheels...?