4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

E3 Diamondfire Technology

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 06:43 AM

E3 Diamondfire Technology

So who will be the first brave soul to let us know if they work??

http://www.e3sparkplugs.com/
Old 05-03-2008, 06:49 AM

I'm curious about them myself, but just recently changed out my plugs. They're $6.97 a piece at Advance, so give them a shot and see what happens.

Of course, I'm sure this thread will get plenty of NGK ftw replies, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by 2da mizzax
So who will be the first brave soul to let us know if they work??

http://www.e3sparkplugs.com/
why not just stick w/ something you know that works like NGK?
these seem like crap, will prob make your car misfire

Last edited by G4nismo; 05-03-2008 at 06:55 AM.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by g4nismo
why not just stick w/ something you know that works like NGK?
these seem like crap, will prob make your car misfire
What makes them seem like crap? In theory, I don't see why they wouldn't work as well, if not better than NGK.

Then again, we can all stick to the things that we know works... close down the forum folks! No new things to try with Maximas. Keep them like they are from the factory!

Wait, I know that Gen 4 wheels work with 4th Gen Maximas... no need to try those fifth gen wheels. They may throw everything out of balance. Better keep the stock ride and suspension and not lower it either.

Last edited by coachholland; 05-03-2008 at 07:06 AM.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by coachholland
What makes them seem like crap? In theory, I don't see why they wouldn't work as well, if not better than NGK.

Then again, we can all stick to the things that we know works... close down the forum folks! No new things to try with Maximas. Keep them like they are from the factory!

Wait, I know that Gen 4 wheels work with 4th Gen Maximas... no need to try those fifth gen wheels. They may throw everything out of balance. Better keep the stock ride and suspension and not lower it either.
why dont you man up an try them. your probably loosing 5 hp by not running them. ngk plugs are the best plug for our cars. many have tried autolite, champion, bosch they just cause too many problems in our cars. i replaced some fairly new crap bosch platinums out of my car and installed the oem ngk plugs. it seems that THE OTHER NEW BRANDS fail before they should be replaced.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:10 AM

I am running them. I've been a fan of NGK long before I ever bought this Max and the reason why I ran NGK in other cars... I *tried* NGK, while other people were recommending Bosch, Accel, etc... NGK is what I liked, so I stuck with them.

My point to the thread starter and other people on here is that just because NGK is what we've liked in our vehicles thus far doesn't mean that a new technology/product isn't going to be better.

The thread starter asked about E3 plugs... not the Champions, Bosch and Autolites that people on here have tried and we can say don't do well. As far as I can tell in my searches on these kinds of plugs, no one on here has tried them yet and thus, no one has an INFORMED opinion on whether they are any good on 4th gen Maximas or not.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:35 AM

I am running them. I've been a fan of NGK long before I ever bought this Max and the reason why I ran NGK in other cars... I *tried* NGK, while other people were recommending Bosch, Accel, etc... NGK is what I liked, so I stuck with them.

My point to the thread starter and other people on here is that just because NGK is what we've liked in our vehicles thus far doesn't mean that a new technology/product isn't going to be better.

The thread starter asked about E3 plugs... not the Champions, Bosch and Autolites that people on here have tried and we can say don't do well. As far as I can tell in my searches on these kinds of plugs, no one on here has tried them yet and thus, no one has an INFORMED opinion on whether they are any good on 4th gen Maximas or not.
well i guess you will have to report back when you replace them. hopefully it is in 60000 miles and not in 15000 for a misfire. and once you give us your review of these plugs we will know whether to group the with the champions and autolites as crap or will they work as well as ngks. i personally dont see the advantage of using a non proven plug. now if they were $10 for 6 instad of the $50 for ngk's that would be a significant price advantage but they are basically the same price.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:56 AM

our motors are known to be pretty picky about their spark plugs. using any other plugs other than stock purpose recommendations have potential to make your car sputter, running rough etc, for instance bosch. ngk's are cheap (copper ones), provide good enough performance, and its better to change them out in shorter intervals, just so you can use them as a diagnostic tool to see how your engine is doing.

and yes, there are new technology out for various things that could be better than it's predecessors. but not all of them are going to provide positive results. just save yourself some money and potential problems and stick with ngk's b/c their proven to be good, many others have had bad experience with others. if you wanna risk your car misfiring, sputtering, screwing whatever, go ahead and try them yourself, i certainly am not.

wow, not even gonna argue w/ this one
Old 05-03-2008, 09:06 AM

I misread your previous post. I'm not running the E3's, I'm running the NGK's.

There may be advantages, there may not be. However, I know people have gone out and spent $150 on a set of accel plugs and not gotten any additional benefit out of them vs a cheap set of autolite platinums on them. On other vehicles, some people swear by Accel, especially when coupled with a MSD Ignition.

The point is, different things work for different cars, but if we all kept everything the same there is no innovation or room for improvement. If something doesn't work, then it doesn't work. However, I do have issues with uninformed opinions like stated earlier from someone in this thread where they're saying it's crap when they obviously have no clue what-so-ever.

I'm just saying, "have an open mind".
Old 05-03-2008, 09:18 AM

What the hell have I started??

While currently NGK's are known to be the best, doesnt mean someone hasnt made something better. I may give them a shot just for the hell of it. maybe just change the right side plugs and see which way the car pulls. That should be a clear definer.

I found one forums where a couple of people said it made a difference, but most fo the other accolades were just E3 workers boosting their own product.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:27 AM

I misread your previous post. I'm not running the E3's, I'm running the NGK's.

There may be advantages, there may not be. However, I know people have gone out and spent $150 on a set of accel plugs and not gotten any additional benefit out of them vs a cheap set of autolite platinums on them. On other vehicles, some people swear by Accel, especially when coupled with a MSD Ignition.

The point is, different things work for different cars, but if we all kept everything the same there is no innovation or room for improvement. If something doesn't work, then it doesn't work. However, I do have issues with uninformed opinions like stated earlier from someone in this thread where they're saying it's crap when they obviously have no clue what-so-ever.

I'm just saying, "have an open mind".
i said they seem like crap, and i still think they are

two other forums have reviews about them, i know it doesn't pertain to our cars but just to give some idea
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum.../t-255157.html
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/...ad.php?t=71068

Last edited by G4nismo; 05-03-2008 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:29 AM

2da mizzax, there was a thread a couple of weeks ago about E3 plugs where it was basically the same thing. People trashing the product and they had no experience with them at all.

I'm familiar with how picky the engine is with plugs because the idiot that had the car before me had some crap autolites in the Max and the car ran like a one legged horse. I have a buddy that is running the E3's in a car of his and he likes them, but it's not a Maxima and like I was saying before, what is good for one car isn't always good for another. There unfortunately just isn't anyone here with an informed opinion on how well they will work in the Maxima.

2da mizzax, if you try them, please let us know how it goes either way.

g4nismo, let me tell you a short condensed story. Factory specs and recommendations aren't always the best things for a car. I had a vehicle that would ping under load. It was a known issue and the dealer wanted to flash the PCM. Did some research on it and it turns out that the reprogrammed PCM was called the "death flash" and killed the performance of the engine and severely affected the MPG's. It was a reprogram of the fuel map and retarding of the timing. However instead of going by factory specs and going with what the dealer/factory recommended, I got to keep my engines performance and gas milage and cure the pinging problem with instead of flashing the PCM I used a heat range colder plugs. No pinging after that.

So occassionally, it's well worth it to try something new instead of just going by what the factory tells you.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:47 AM

Agreed with coachholland, I dont see how any of you jack asses can knock the product without any kind of proof or experience, on the dyno on horsepower TV they've been shown to increase power---FACT, almost 5hp on a 350 Chevy motor on 87 octane IIRC, Of cource that will vary from engine to engine but damn its worth a shot.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:08 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

Can we get ANOTHER repost?