4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Lights Love Em but want more ....

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 09:16 AM

Lights Love Em but want more ....

ok yesterday i got new light housings and installed my HID kit but when we turned the lights on now i have two different color lights

how or were would i get the LEDs to change my high beam bulbs at least

and also how would i go about changing the blubs on the interior as well since the tutorial for it is down for some reason

thnx in advance

oh and pics of the changes are on my cardomain link below
Old 09-27-2008, 11:36 AM

ok #1....the lights u got are probably not bi-xenon...meaning sorry...but you have no high beam. #2the corner lights are the easiest thing to take off. they dont require a tutorial ..its just a screw when u open ur hood, and then it pops out....very easy to do. #3 about your alarm question. if someone wants to steal your car or something in your car, and they know what thier doing, the alarm won't help. However.....the alarm can do a bunch of things.....to prevent most people from messing with your car.....you can do motion sensors inside..you can do sensitivity sensors when something bumps the car...or the wheels...you can do remote start which is convinient in the mornings to just warm ur car up...it puts a nice lil led light to blink and let people know u have an alarm....all in all just do what you want...if i were you i just wouldnt keep valuable possesions in the car.... Take care
Old 09-27-2008, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by RuSSiAnMax415
ok #1....the lights u got are probably not bi-xenon...meaning sorry...but you have no high beam. #2the corner lights are the easiest thing to take off. they dont require a tutorial ..its just a screw when u open ur hood, and then it pops out....very easy to do. #3 about your alarm question. if someone wants to steal your car or something in your car, and they know what thier doing, the alarm won't help. However.....the alarm can do a bunch of things.....to prevent most people from messing with your car.....you can do motion sensors inside..you can do sensitivity sensors when something bumps the car...or the wheels...you can do remote start which is convinient in the mornings to just warm ur car up...it puts a nice lil led light to blink and let people know u have an alarm....all in all just do what you want...if i were you i just wouldnt keep valuable possesions in the car.... Take care

what about a removable steering wheel ? how they goin to take it then

and thanks
Old 09-27-2008, 12:19 PM

As far as the alarm goes, the tried and true is the Viper 791XV. It has so many add-ins available, it's astounding.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I bought a used 97 Max. I have the digital climate control. None of these buttons (i.e., temp up, temp down, auto, defrost, etc.) are lit. Nor, are the cruise control buttons lit. Pretty much -- there are no dash lights other than the instrument panel. Were there never dash lights for these? Is there one fuse that controls all?

Also, the interior light next to the sunroof control doesn't work, though all the other interior lights are functional. Can this be related?
Old 09-27-2008, 01:15 PM

sheat...the corners were not easy for me. I had to pry like hell to get those suckers off.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by mrnashi
I bought a used 97 Max. I have the digital climate control. None of these buttons (i.e., temp up, temp down, auto, defrost, etc.) are lit. Nor, are the cruise control buttons lit. Pretty much -- there are no dash lights other than the instrument panel. Were there never dash lights for these? Is there one fuse that controls all?

Also, the interior light next to the sunroof control doesn't work, though all the other interior lights are functional. Can this be related?
i beleive thats a fuse my friend and welcome to the org

best place to find out what fuse would be to pick up one of those mechanics books at autozone or pepboys
Old 09-27-2008, 02:40 PM
Former Vendor

might want to get all the info before you start flaming someone.

my guess is he got the r34 housings which do have seperate highs/lows and would also explain why the bulbs are different colors.

---

to the op: look for bulbs with a kelvin rating close to your hids. might not be exact but it should be closer than oem. leds are not what you are looking for.

for the interior lights, leds are what you are looking for. a search will provide plenty of info but what you will need is leds, resistors, soldering iron, and an understanding of ohm's law. there's too much for me to get into the specifics. if you would like me to do it for you i can (for a cost of course), but i need to get some cores back before i do another set.

as far as alarms the dei 2 ways are the cream o the crop (clifford, viper, etc.). they will notify you when something is happening to your car, but you better be prepared to handle whatevers going on before you go running outside. in reality you can't stop a good thief though.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by BLACKonBLACK98
might want to get all the info before you start flaming someone.

my guess is he got the r34 housings which do have seperate highs/lows and would also explain why the bulbs are different colors.

welll..... He might of wanted to PROVIDE that he has r34 headlights in the original post if he had them...otherwise ppl would assume its a oem headlight...right?....he posted he had hids, wanted an alarm for protection...not that he had r34 headlights.

and about the removable steering wheel....youll loose your airbag if you but that there...is it worth it?

Last edited by The Russian; 09-27-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Blueraven
what about a removable steering wheel ? how they goin to take it then??
If they know the brand of steering hub, they can pop on their own wheel and go. (Unlikely I know)

Can't stop a tow truck. GPS tracking FTW. (at least you get a chance to recover it)
Old 09-27-2008, 04:57 PM
Former Vendor

welll..... He might of wanted to PROVIDE that he has r34 headlights in the original post if he had them...otherwise ppl would assume its a oem headlight...right?....he posted he had hids, wanted an alarm for protection...not that he had r34 headlights.
you didn't have a problem assuming he was an idiot, why would you have a problem assuming he had r34s?

i would not assume it was oem for the simple fact that there's no way for an oem to have different color highs/lows even if they were bi-xenon hids (which you hinted at right before you veered way off course). he also stated that he got new housings, he just neglected to mention which ones.

posting with a little respect would have saved you from looking bad, as from there you miscomprehended everything that was clearly posted.

moral of the story: do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:01 PM

welll..... He might of wanted to PROVIDE that he has r34 headlights in the original post if he had them...otherwise ppl would assume its a oem headlight...right?

ok yesterday i got new light housings and ...
hmm
Old 09-27-2008, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by BLACKonBLACK98
you didn't have a problem assuming he was an idiot, why would you have a problem assuming he had r34s?

i would not assume it was oem for the simple fact that there's no way for an oem to have different color highs/lows even if they were bi-xenon hids (which you hinted at right before you veered way off course). he also stated that he got new housings, he just neglected to mention which ones.

posting with a little respect would have saved you from looking bad, as from there you miscomprehended everything that was clearly posted.

moral of the story: do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
you can have different colored headlights if you touch the hid bulb, because the oil coming from skin makes them change color! thats what i assumed he ment...

if he posted "i have an hid in my low beam, and a halogen in my high beam, what are my options to make it have a more simular color."

then we wouldnt even be having this conversation....i didn't intend for it to come off as flaming at someone....

Originally Posted by adamsanders
hmm
"welll..... He might of wanted to PROVIDE that he has r34 headlights in the original post if he had them...otherwise ppl would assume its a oem headlight...right?"

Quote:Ok yesterday i got new light housings and ...

my mistake for assuming it was new oem headlights and not r34's.....

however it would have helped if the original posted something like.......

"Yesterday i baught new R34 style headlights for my 1995 Maxima.
I installed an HID kit into my lowbeams, and when i turn on my highbeams,
the halogen light outputs a different color. What are my options of making
the color look simular to the HID's. Maybe some L.E.D's would work? "

Thank You in advance - BlueRaven
Old 09-27-2008, 06:23 PM

you can have different colored headlights if you touch the hid bulb, because the oil coming from skin makes them change color! thats what i assumed he ment...

if he posted "i have an hid in my low beam, and a halogen in my high beam, what are my options to make it have a more simular color."

then we wouldnt even be having this conversation....i didn't intend for it to come off as flaming at someone....

"welll..... He might of wanted to PROVIDE that he has r34 headlights in the original post if he had them...otherwise ppl would assume its a oem headlight...right?"

Quote:Ok yesterday i got new light housings and ...

my mistake for assuming it was new oem headlights and not r34's.....

however it would have helped if the original posted something like.......

"Yesterday i baught new R34 style headlights for my 1995 Maxima.
I installed an HID kit into my lowbeams, and when i turn on my highbeams,
the halogen light outputs a different color. What are my options of making
the color look simular to the HID's. Maybe some L.E.D's would work? "

Thank You in advance - BlueRaven

...... ok now i feel a little dumb for lack of info but here it is now

pic

HIDs are in low beams want to change the high beams not sure what bulbs they are but when there on look similar to the corner lights
Old 09-27-2008, 06:45 PM

You know he may have bought those lights off of Ebay and, if they are the cheap Chinese kind he's gonna have mo problems down the road, i made the same mistake and paid a little more for better ones. Be wary buying Shi7 off of there..........if it's to cheap then it's not worth it.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:35 AM

Hey if you want better output from the r34's retro is the only way to go. If you want matching highs with imho are worthless get another kit and have a harness made so you dont catch your car on fire.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:41 PM

I think a Detachable steering wheel is a great way to slow down thieves. They also have wheel locks that go over the hub after you remove the steering wheel putting another block in a thief's way. I personally don't think they would go thru all that trouble just to steal a maxima.

Losing an airbag is a personal decision & if you have to have your vehicle inspected for any reason it will not pass. But I found a MOMO Evolution Steering Wheel that does'nt look like a race wheel & looks like it may have an airbag to someone who doesnt know.

I'm gonna go this route as i just had my Maxima stolen even though i had a Viper alarm with the pager. In the middle of the night when sleep you may not here the little beep on the remote.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Administrator

FWIW, here's a pic of my detachable steering wheel. I haven't bought the additional lock for it yet.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:49 AM

Again, that's a beauty inside and out.....
Old 09-29-2008, 07:29 AM

^^^^^^^^^^
Old 09-29-2008, 07:44 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

HID's without projectors FTL...
Old 09-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Still Learning

You could put HIDs in your high beams as well. That sure will make them look the same.
But do NOT drive the car as you would blind everyone, might as well include yourself.

The Wizard~ your interior looks awesome.........
Old 09-29-2008, 11:31 AM
The Golden One

...... ok now i feel a little dumb for lack of info but here it is now

pic

HIDs are in low beams want to change the high beams not sure what bulbs they are but when there on look similar to the corner lights
Don't feel dumb.

Russian max didn't read your entire thread because your last sentence says to click your cardomain link to see the changes. Had he done that, he'd know what you had for a setup.

It's okay, it happens.