4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

300zx TT fuel filter in 99 max...help

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 06:51 PM

300zx TT fuel filter in 99 max...help

ok i just bought a tt fuel filter for my dek swapped i30....its obviously quite a bit bigger than the stock one. im wondering if the factory retaining clip that is bolted or screwed into the firewall will work. I would try it right now but its dark out and i figured some of you guys have this mod to help with the fuel supply especially for spraying nitrous as i am..any input is appreciated, thanks
Old 07-06-2009, 07:03 PM

yes, it fits. it may have to be spread apart a bit but it will fit. if you dont feel comfortable im sure a zip tie will suffice as well.

/thread
Old 07-06-2009, 07:06 PM
No more Maximas...

Weird, search works for me

Originally Posted by andrei3333
No, the inlet and outlet size on the 300zx filter is the same size as oem max filter, its bigger but mine fit into the clamp on the side wall perfectly and has not moved from there for about half a year now...
Originally Posted by ThoBoyz
--Anyways, it's not as small of a place as I thought it was going to be... the 300zx filter got stuck for a second, but with a small push, it went down the rest of the way... And the clamp is holding pretty well so far, and I've already driven it 75 miles... even did a burn out in Auto Zone's parking lot, which you would think might rattle it loose, but it's still there...
Originally Posted by dwapenyi
I've done the 300ZX filter twice. the clamp will hold it. It's probably the maximum size the clamp will hold. I thought of re-inforcing it with zip ties etcs, but the clamp never failed.

DW
Originally Posted by DAVE Sz
I'm definitely disagreeing with anyone that says the 300zx is a tight fit if you have ABS, it's just not true. We put one on a 97 yesterday and it wasn't any worse than putting a stock max filter on. There are no ABS lines in the way, the metal bracket fits fine, the clamps fit fine and as long as you get the top clamp off you're home free. You can just tip the filter upside down to take off the bottom hose clamp. Yes, the filter does give better MPG, only cause it's a new filter, just like all other filters it works great when it's clean. Of course for me, it didn't make any difference at all.
Originally Posted by Max96GLE
Yes, 300zx filter does fit the stock bracket. It's not touching the ABS line. Taking the intake out will give you more visual of the filter. I left the intake on the car and I have to feel my way around the filter. Taking the intake out, you can see where the screws are located. Just my 02 cent.
Originally Posted by Ceasars Chariot
i also did the 300zx fuel filter swap and did away with the maxima fuel filter, in looking at the photo above of the maxima fuel filter i thought i would post up some images of the 300zx fuel filter for this thread.

Originally Posted by shmad
i just did it. the 300zx does fit in the bracket. the clamps are a pain to get at. the hose refuses to come off, but a hair dryer did the trick on that.

while i had the intake out, i TORE THAT THING Up.

HACKED AIR BOX RULES. wow, it sound deep and throaty. really good tone. i love it.
Originally Posted by bill99gxe
W

The 300Z filter mounts in the same stock location, the brackets are just stretched out a little more....
Originally Posted by Kanaka
i just changed my fuel filter the other day. it's really easy if you take off your intake. you will have lots of room. once you get that out, pull the whole filter out of the bracket. rotate it so you can get to the screws. once the screws are off i had to use a flat head screwdriver to pry the hoses off. they were really stuck on there even w/o the screw thingy. a friend of mine suggested using a 300zx filter. it's a lot fatter, but it does fit. just shove it in the bracket and the bracket will open up to hold the larger filter. supposedly they last 2x as long.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:09 PM

ahha yes thank you.....was in a hurry and didn't feel like searching....
Old 07-06-2009, 08:10 PM
No more Maximas...

Originally Posted by i30dvr
Old 07-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by i30dvr

If you have time to start a thread, you have time to search.